Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halo being reissued!!!

Go down 
+3
Black Rider
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Halo being reissued!!! Empty
PostSubject: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 10:11 am

Girder Music is remastering/reissuing the long out of print Halo albums "Halo" and "Heaven's Calling". While I have the MP3s of these, I haven't been able to locate decently priced copies of these on CD.  So, I am ordering these.  To make it even cooler, they did a demo album of unreleased songs prior to being signed.  It is more rockin' supposedly to even the Halo label debut.  So, that is getting remastered as well and released at the same time. There are a couple of songs on the Halo "Life Goes On" that were redone for their label debut, but only a couple. 

Girder has two different bundle deals you can do.  There is a 4 CD deal that includes the Scott Springer solo album.  I didn't like it as it was too pop for me. There is a three CD bundle that just has the Halo albums.  That's what I did!

https://girdermusic.com/products/halo-halo-cd

Thankfully, these are not being done in the more expensive gold CD format.  I don't want to pay extra for a CD that will probably never fade anyway and for the cover art to be reduced in size for the gold trim.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 10:48 am

On a positive note I heard they are also including the front cover on the flip side with no gold band around the sides. My Die Happy came in and I was pleased it had the new artwork on the flip side so I am using that picture for the jewel case. And I got it on sale for 16.99 with 1.99 shipping. Still a bit pricey for a CD but glad I have the first Die Happy on CD now. I bought digital downloads of the second album a few years ago and that sounds fine to me so I will pass on the CD.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 10:56 am

MikeInFla wrote:
On a positive note I heard they are also including the front cover on the flip side with no gold band around the sides. My Die Happy came in and I was pleased it had the new artwork on the flip side so I am using that picture for the jewel case. And I got it on sale for 16.99 with 1.99 shipping. Still a bit pricey for a CD but glad I have the first Die Happy on CD now. I bought digital downloads of the second album a few years ago and that sounds fine to me so I will pass on the CD.

I have original Intense Records releases of the Die Happy albums.  Since there were not any bonus tracks, I chose to keep my originals.  I remastered them for myself on my FiiO.  To make Die Happy II even more enjoyable as it is my favorite, I added the track "All Over Me" from their Intense Live Series album.  Now, I get that song every time I listen to their second album.

I rarely if ever play their debut.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 11:00 am

I also saw that Girder has the first two Mastedon records coming.  I bought the first Mastedon disc remaster from John Elefante a few years ago when he put out a solo disc in the USA and called it Mastedon everywhere else.  I don't know if he ever released Lofcaudio again or not, but I did see that John did the remastering for these.  I might spring for Lofcaudio, but I am kind of leery buying too much right now with me not knowing when I will go back to work.  If we stay out too long, I might have to find another job.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 6:02 pm

I want to hear that Life Goes On album, i'm fine with the other two already.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 8:38 pm

I have original cassettes of the previously available Halo albums, so I just might be in the market for actual cds.....not all excited about Scott's solo offering though.
I really want to hear that demo album.  If it rocks even half as hard as they suggest in the hype advert and the quality is decent enough I will probably jump on it.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 8:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I also saw that Girder has the first two Mastedon records coming.  I bought the first Mastedon disc remaster from John Elefante a few years ago when he put out a solo disc in the USA and called it Mastedon everywhere else.  I don't know if he ever released Lofcaudio again or not, but I did see that John did the remastering for these.  I might spring for Lofcaudio, but I am kind of leery buying too much right now with me not knowing when I will go back to work.  If we stay out too long, I might have to find another job.

I ended up ordering both of those as all I had them on was cassette.  Hopefully I will live through the coronoa virus epidemic in our state long enough to listen to them.  Laughing (yeah, bad joke I know).

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 11:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Reissuing Mastedon? Sweet! Those are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have original cassettes of the previously available Halo albums, so I just might be in the market for actual cds.....not all excited about Scott's solo offering though.
I really want to hear that demo album.  If it rocks even half as hard as they suggest in the hype advert and the quality is decent enough I will probably jump on it.

i haven't actually owned copies of these since the cassette days.  The only copies of either Halo album I have seen on CD were being offered by someone who wanted WAY more than I wanted to pay.  So, I just have MP3.  I will be thankful for having these.

I am most excited about the demo album.  I don't expect this to be Elefante level of smooth by any means.  However, if they went to a decent studio to record that early album, it could sound really good.  Mastering could add the polish to make it sound less like a demo and more like a studio release.  As long as it is listenable, I will be glad to hear this.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 1:20 pm

I just ordered all three on cd.  Hoping the demo is decent quality.  At about $15 ea (with shipping added) I just had to get the bundle.

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1454
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 1:25 pm

At some point in the future, Lord willing, I plan on ordering the third Halo.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 6:29 pm

Awesome news! I had wanting to get the debut album on disc for a long time! I went ahead and preordered this. 

I am thankful to say I got to see them live years ago.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 7:26 am

Hardkore wrote:
Awesome news! I had wanting to get the debut album on disc for a long time! I went ahead and preordered this. 

I am thankful to say I got to see them live years ago.

I haven't had a physical copy of their debut since I had one on cassette back in the 90s.

But, I am most intrigued by the unreleased demo album and how it sounds.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 8:39 am

Yeah, the only media of the debut I have is on cassette. That is why I have been hoping for this for some time. 

I am also interested in the unreleased disc. The only thing about it is it likely won’t have type of production that the other two have. Yet I understand musically it is kind of comparable to Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 11:42 am

I am okay with this not having the same production.  They were not yet signed and hadn't recorded with the Elefante brothers.  Still, I have heard some demo albums that sounded really good that just needed to be professionally mastered to make sound near label quality.  I am hoping that this one is more in that vein.  I also hope it does well for Girder, and that the band might have more of these demo albums to share with the public.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo being reissued!!!   Halo being reissued!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo being reissued!!!
Page 1 of 1