Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
deathisgain
Oldiesmann
rssllue
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
MikeInFla
Jen5
Normaniac
kerrick
Black Rider
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 3:41 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Also, my all-mesh office chair arrived.  Plan on assembling it later, right after I make active my new Samsung s21 + 5G.

I'm going to need a new office chair myself.  I would love to see what your's looks like when you get it put together.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 5:38 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I have a new toy to use with the guys I am jammin' with each week.  Two of us sing, but the other guy really doesn't know how to do harmonies.  So, I bought a vocal harmonizer for the songs I sing.  It's pretty cool!

You can set it for several cool effects, but I really only use the 3rd above and 5th below settings.  You turn it on and off with a footswitch which is taking some getting used to.  You can set the key in the machine to match the song, or you can trust the onboard microphone.  So far, it is doing a good job for me!

I heard that in the video on bookface.  I was looking around to see who was singing with you....couldn't figure it out for the life of me because the guitarists weren't singing at all.  Very cool!
I'd really like to hear it in action. Could you please send me a link Chris?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Also, my all-mesh office chair arrived.  Plan on assembling it later, right after I make active my new Samsung s21 + 5G.

Ooo, new toys. I like new toys  Smile
It's the last item on the docket, sis.  Yesterday was a veritable gauntlet of craziness.  Very Happy  A day filled with washing laundry and dishes, making my monthly doctor visit, canceling my old phone carrier service, starting the new phone's new service, sending off the old phone as part of the trade-in, and literally running myself ragged.  I promise I will attempt to pace myself better today.   Smile
I hear ya brother! I'm in the process of upgrading my computer. My old one is really unstable so I need more power and memory and just newer bits. Every song needs to be packed up so I'm not uploading a bunch of unneeded tracks. With years of songs on this computer and years of file mismanagement, the job is huge. I am determined to get my digital self in order before this computer I'm on explodes, implodes, melts, or decides to permanently reside in blue-screen computer heaven.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Staybrite wrote:
It was a fun trip, but slightly more expensive than we estimated (that seems to happen with pretty much everything).  We are in Arizona in a rental house and "warmth" is taking a bit getting used to (we are drinking even more water, and getting tired earlier).  I did get my home office up, without my office internet phone (which is kind of a bummer), but at least now I can get to work and help my clients.  Seems odd to be happy about going back to work.  Laughing

I can totally understand that feeling. When your life is in boxes, just getting one thing sorted would feel pretty good I imagine

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 9:12 pm

My wife's mom called us this morning about 2:30 AM to tell us that she had fallen getting out of bed to go to the bathroom.  She tried to get herself up and fell again.  She felt like her sugar had dropped and ate a couple of cough drops that she kept on the nightstand.

She had done this about three weeks ago and didn't tell us until we noticed her limping on one leg.  Then, she told us.  This time, it scared her losing control of herself like this.  She also was hurting quite a bit more in her ankle.  She did agree to go to her doctor which made us think she really might have broken something.  We were quite thrilled and thankful that she didn't break any bones, though.

They want her to monitor her insulin and blood sugar levels when she goes to bed to make sure she doesn't need to cut down on it as both of her episodes happened when she awoke early.  Having your sugar drop too low can be deadly.  My sister died several years ago after her levels dropped to a mere 4 and stayed that way for several hours.  It has the same effect as having a major stroke, so you don't play around when your sugar drops like that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 12:52 am

Dang that sounds very scary indeed.  Glad to hear at least she didn't break any bones.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 am

Jeepers, that's scary. I'm really glad she agreed to see the doctor and she is getting good care. Do you guys live close to her, Chris?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 6:55 am

Don't know what kind of insurance she has but a Dexcom would help out big time. We have one for our daughter. It's a continuous glucose monitor and gives readings every 5 minutes. The cool thing about it is that you can "follow" on your phone  so if she goes low an alarm goes off and you can see and hear it at your house.

Yeah sugar lows are dangerous. Luckily with the Dexcom we catch them before they get too low. I guess cough drops are ok but I suggest she keep glucose tablets next to the bed because they work faster and you can get a big bottle of them for less than 5 bucks. Might also be a good idea to put apple juice in a water bottle and keep it on the night stand. Unlike orange juice you really don't need to keep it cold.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 8:12 am

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

I'm going to need a new office chair myself.  I would love to see what your's looks like when you get it put together.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71VOJqe1aZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 12:50 pm

Chris, I'll pray for your MIL.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Jeepers, that's scary. I'm really glad she agreed to see the doctor and she is getting good care. Do you guys live close to her, Chris?

We live about 7 houses away.  Although I have been offered churches further away that would require moving, we stayed in the area since this is the only living parent either me or my wife have left.  Holly's sister doesn't do anything to help her mom, and Martha knows it, too.  So, she calls on us for everything that she cannot do for herself.

Sadly, I am probably going to have to take over mowing duties this year.  I don't want to, but I will try.  With working 9 hours a day with super needy kids, pastoring a church, and having band practice one night a week, I don't get much time to do anything extra.  Besides, I am exhausted most nights and don't feel like doing much after work.  Even my time posting here, which I find theraputic and relaxing, I don't have much time for.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 2:48 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71VOJqe1aZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nice looking chair!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 10:28 am

Wife started her new job yesterday.
We only have one car (long story, I gave my car to my son after he had an accident).
I am in this rental house out in the desert (about 13 miles from town) with no vehicle.  Strange new feeling for me.  I can't escape.  Random Ramblings - Page 11 1f604

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 11:35 am

Just think of the mischief you can get up to!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Fundy wrote:
Just think of the mischief you can get up to!

Especially if I completely neglect the work I'm supposed to be doing!  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 pm

I see the making of a new series of movies:  The Misadventures of Stranded Gary.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Justice has been dying for a long time in this country and today the final spasms happened.

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Xid wrote:
I see the making of a new series of movies:  The Misadventures of Stranded Gary.

LOL.  I did see two small jackrabbits on my evening walk.  I need to wait for it to get nearly dark before I can walk though because if I don't it's just too dang hot out.  So even with my fancy new phone... the picture didn't turn out that amazing in the dark.  I didn't even bother taking a picture of the second bunny.

Random Ramblings - Page 11 Night_10

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 2:43 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Justice has been dying for a long time in this country and today the final spasms happened.

It certainly didn't seem like long enough to deliberate on such serious charges.
Even if the verdict is justified (& I don't know), it seems like it's going to be easy to argue some kind of mistrial because of the media/political influence (and interference)

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm

I was not here for some days and a lot happend here.

Staybrite's wife has a new job. That's wonderful news.

the situation with Holly's mom, I hope it's ok with her lows sugar.
I hope she doing better.
Chris, I pray for you with making long workdays, your job as pastor of your church.
A band practize once a week makes you very busy.

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Staybrite, not only did they not deliberate as I'm pretty sure they were scared not to find him guilty, Chauvin did exactly what he was trained to do and now is in jail for it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 8:00 am

Black Rider wrote:
Staybrite, not only did they not deliberate as I'm pretty sure they were scared not to find him guilty, Chauvin did exactly what he was trained to do and now is in jail for it.

The judge did tell the defense lawyers that they had a chance to have a mistrial declared in a separate case due to Maxine Waters' comments.  I look for that to happen and then all Hell breaking loose in our cities.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am

I just don't think it will happen, people are too afraid of the consequence so Chauvin will be the sacrifice. This is now mob rule.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 5:50 pm

I played my first gig with my band yesterday.  We only did three songs at a blues jam, but was incredibly fun!

If someone can tell me how to download video from Facebook, I will show our set here.

Staybrite, rockerVu2, Fundy and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next