Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! Empty
PostSubject: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 1:00 pm

When Robert aka Deathisgain announced Warpriest's follow-up to 2020's debut album*, I just assumed it'd be in the works for another seven or so years until we'd get to hear it... but boy was I wrong!  The due-date is Friday August 13th which is coming up fast!  I've had the opportunity to sample a few of the tracks and all indicators point to this being an absolutely killer album.  There's no "second album slump" material here.  It's darker, heavier, and more varied than the debut, yet maintains everything that made the first album so good.

I'll be sure to post samples, links, and news once more is available, but in the meantime you can check them out here and listen to their song Warpriest from their first album:

*my Album Of The Year for whatever that's worth!

Fundy and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 4:34 pm

Whoa, that is unexpectedly fast, good to hear.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 4:50 pm

I was noticing that from the samples too, does sound more varied and heavily dooming.  By the few samples I've heard it sounds like Robert really stepped up his game on this one.  Having the female vocals in a few tracks adds a new depth to the tracks as well.  
I'm really excited for this release.

kerrick and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 8:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I was noticing that from the samples too, does sound more varied and heavily dooming.  By the few samples I've heard it sounds like Robert really stepped up his game on this one.  Having the female vocals in a few tracks adds a new depth to the tracks as well.  

If someone worked harder on the song scrambles, he could have listened to whole songs. Razz

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 10:48 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 12:14 pm

A year between doom albums??? Who do you think you are?? Early Black Sabbath???  lol!

Black Rider and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 4:32 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

If someone worked harder on the song scrambles, he could have listened to whole songs. Razz

lol!  Well in my defense I was intentionally guessing badly (although I still wouldn't have correctly guessed any of them).  I want to wait and soak up the entire album all in one experience.

deathisgain likes this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

lol!  Well in my defense I was intentionally guessing badly (although I still wouldn't have correctly guessed any of them).  I want to wait and soak up the entire album all in one experience.

Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! 5iq98e10

Staybrite, Black Rider and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 3:48 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Woo YES! (just wish I could still grow hair like that, although not if it came with that goofy face)

deathisgain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 11:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Woo YES! (just wish I could still grow hair like that, although not if it came with that goofy face)

Yeah, you've already got one goofy face . . . why have two?  lol!

Black Rider and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Yeah, you've already got one goofy face . . . why have two?  lol!

Exactly!  Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! 1f61c

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 11:26 am

There's a promo video for the new album up on facebook.  I can't imbed it here but if you've got a FB account, check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/warpriestmetal/videos/372215181082838

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 2:16 pm

kerrick wrote:
There's a promo video for the new album up on facebook.  I can't imbed it here but if you've got a FB account, check it out!

Saw that yesterday...super excited.  But on release day I will be on the road!!!

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 9:01 pm

kerrick wrote:

kerrick and Through The Dark Radio like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!   Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warpriest (trad doom) - Album #2!
Page 1 of 1