Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Oldiesmann
Xid
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) Empty
PostSubject: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 12:50 pm

Ok, I have to be honest.  I have no idea really what this is.  I thought I heard rumor that somebody was going to release early material from the current modern rock band Disciple (with Kevin Young), but I'm not sure if this is it.  I do know there is an older 80's band by the name of Disciple (pretty sure I have a legal download of an album by them).  From what I remember this sound is much more akin to that 80's group than anything that I've heard from Kevin Young's Disciple.
Anyone else know what's going on here? (I don't think there is an official announcement from Roxx yet).

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 2:19 pm

This Disciple is from Australia.  Their album The Lost Disciple was released in 1988.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 4:23 pm

Xid wrote:
This Disciple is from Australia.  Their album The Lost Disciple was released in 1988.

Got it.
Finally saw a press release from Roxx indicating the album was available for presale (not sure if they even mention that they are the Aussie band from the 80's).  The presale price is good at $11.99, but the shipping price is $6. Seems to be a bit of a problem when you have to pay half-again the cost of the CD just to get it shipped to you.  At that point just say the CD is free but it cost $18 for shipping. 
Evil or Very MadMad

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 5:26 pm

I thought this was an early release from the famous Disciple at first as well, but realized it was a completely different band when I listened to "The Sacred Knight" on Roxx's YouTube channel. Good to see old/forgotten bands getting some attention again

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 6:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

Got it.
Finally saw a press release from Roxx indicating the album was available for presale (not sure if they even mention that they are the Aussie band from the 80's).  The presale price is good at $11.99, but the shipping price is $6. Seems to be a bit of a problem when you have to pay half-again the cost of the CD just to get it shipped to you.  At that point just say the CD is free but it cost $18 for shipping. 
Evil or Very MadMad

Shipping is outlandish these days!  I sent a copy of my new CD to the guitarists and the guy that did my lyric video.  I had to pay nearly $5 per CD to ship them via media mail.  They did away with first class packages, so priority mail was even higher.  The farther you have to ship something the higher the costs get.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 6:10 pm

I kind of want to get this as I have the downloads via CD Baby years ago.  But, I would only be gaining ONE extra song.  So, I am on the fence about this one.

As to differentiating this Disciple from the American one, Roxx made sure on the website that this is the Australian band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 6:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

Got it.
Evil or Very MadMad

Shipping is outlandish these days!  I sent a copy of my new CD to the guitarists and the guy that did my lyric video.  I had to pay nearly $5 per CD to ship them via media mail.  They did away with first class packages, so priority mail was even higher.  The farther you have to ship something the higher the costs get.

That is just flipping nutz!!!  I guess I should just be happy there is a lower pre-order price.
For all my complaining I went ahead a pre-ordered it.  Hoping it will have improved sound with remastering.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 9:25 pm

Ordered mine. I look forward to this one. I've had some bad mp3s of them for years so having a good copy will be nice.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 3:28 pm

This one is shipping out now.  I got mine in the mail today!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 3:02 pm

I got my copy on Saturday,  but still haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I kind of want to get this as I have the downloads via CD Baby years ago.  But, I would only be gaining ONE extra song.  So, I am on the fence about this one.

As to differentiating this Disciple from the American one, Roxx made sure on the website that this is the Australian band.

I have the CDBaby version too. I actually never listen to it, so rebuying for one extra song will be a pass for me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 9:17 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I have the CDBaby version too. I actually never listen to it, so rebuying for one extra song will be a pass for me.

While some remasters seem to ruin an album, this one definitely helps this one. It is worth the enhanced sound.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 4:14 pm

I like this but money is so tight I can't pull the trigger. Hoping it shows up on Spotify.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:09 am

Black Rider, welcome back. It's good to see you here.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 9:57 am

After a few spins, this album just keeps getting better and better!

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
After a few spins, this album just keeps getting better and better!

I agree, for some reason I like it even better now than I did several years ago when I bought the MP3 version.

PostSubject: Re: Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)   Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disciple - Sacred Knights (upcoming Roxx Release)
Page 1 of 1