Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release Empty
PostSubject: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 11:29 am

I don't really know anything about this except that it looks like Roxx is going to release two Anthology CDs from what I assume is the classic Christian rock band Exodus A.D.  I have to confess I don't think I've every heard of these guys.  Anyone have any info about the band?

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 5:24 pm

I remember the name but don't think I've heard anything by them.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm

I know that the band is an early band of Kevin Ayers--the vocalist for Haven.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 9:54 pm

Roxx finally posted an update on their bookface page.

Quote :
Announcement THREE and FOUR!
EXODUS A.D. the band you’ve never heard before because these were recorded in the 80s and 90s and never released!
When Kevin Ayers (Haven) asks you ‘ hey does Roxx want to release my earlier bands stuff’, you just say YES!
Exodus A.D. is the early hard rock and metal beginnings Kevin played on long before Haven and now you finally get to hear it! There were so many killer recordings we’re doing it in 2 separate CD packages called Anthology Vol I and Anthology Vol II completely restored and remastered!
Full details and pre orders next week on this very special one time pressing!
For now check out two killer tracks 'Make It Right’ and ‘Alright’

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 9:56 pm

So just like Alldat said.  Kevin Ayers of Haven's early rock band.  Kind of reminds me of a lot of straight forward FM radio rock bands in the late 70's and 80's

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2023 11:36 pm

Interesting, not sure how I feel about it though..lol...I will have to hear more before buying. I am not a big fan of Haven (I have all their cds for some reason, but don't really like them hahahaha), but this is a different sound.

I won't buy directly from Roxx' website anymore, but if he puts them on his Amazon store I will give it a thought (Amazon buyer protection Smile )
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2023 10:16 am

Never had a problem ordering directly from Roxx. But there is just nothing that interests me any more. Not really into new bands and most of the old stuff has been reissued with the exception of a few classic Pure Metal releases. A lot of these demo releases and “just found” records just aren’t very good.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2023 5:44 pm

I have had ZERO bad experiences with my purchases through the Roxx Records webstore.

I have not enjoyed the quality of a couple of their demo only releases, but most have been decent listens.  I will be scoring both of these albums.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2023 11:32 am

Getting into newer bands is harder, I think, because there is so much that sounds the same.  We don't really innovate with metal anymore.  We use similar guitar sounds and drum sounds because we are recording with computers, amp sims, and drum MIDI.  The tones sound the same no matter who the artist is.  The breakthrough albums that seem to shine tend to be older bands releasing something new, but I think that has to do with the nostalgia of it all.

I love to discover new bands, but I want something that sounds a bit more unique even if it means the band has to go backwards in production methods, mic amp and drums, and go for it with minimal overdubs.  Don't polish it too much or you risk losing the magic.

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2023 1:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Never had a problem ordering directly from Roxx. But there is just nothing that interests me any more. Not really into new bands and most of the old stuff has been reissued with the exception of a few classic Pure Metal releases. A lot of these demo releases and “just found” records just aren’t very good.

alldatndensum wrote:
I have had ZERO bad experiences with my purchases through the Roxx Records webstore.

I have not enjoyed the quality of a couple of their demo only releases, but most have been decent listens.  I will be scoring both of these albums.

I have had a bunch of discs come in over the years where the jewel case was badly damaged because he ships in just a bubble envelope. When I got the Knightriot disc, all of the spindles on the disc case were broken and the cd bounced around and got badly scratched. I offered to split the cost with him to send a replacement (which I didn't have to do, but I was trying to support his business). He offered a 40% discount off it and 3 others I picked out. Part of the deal was that he would ship in a box.

When that order came in, no box. Not even a piece of cardboard. Just all 4 jewel cased cds stacked on each other. Once again, several cases were damaged and the Knightriot jewel case hub was missing the spindles and the cd bounced around. 

This is what I sent him:

Package arrived today. 

You litterally didn't take a single extra piece of caution to ensure they didn't get damaged. No box or at least a piece of cardboard, even though I asked for it. You even put the replacement disc back on top so it takes the brunt of the damage again. Even when I voluntarily paid for more than half the cost to replace the previous damaged one. 

Luckily, even though the case was smashed and the hub was shattered with loose pieces everywhere (see image), the disc doesn't appear to be damaged. 

However, you have lost a long time customer. 

I don't need or want any reply to this situation. 

Sooo..yes....I may have invoked a negative response from him by saying he lost a customer. But in realilty, he did. At least from his store.

His reply (copied from the email I still have) also didn't do anything to win be back, as he basically called me a liar:
"I used a special cardboard box to pack this in so your statement is definitely wrong!"

After I sent him photos of the bubble mailer (with his logo, address, and date stamp on it from USPS) and proved to him he was wrong, he apologized and blamed it on people helping pack the orders.

I haven't bought anything from his store since.

It actually took me a while before I even considered buying from him on Amazon too. At least with Amazon, I know they will back me up.

So I wish him the best of luck, but I will never trust buying from him directly again.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2023 8:57 pm

I am loving these two releases!  I have played them several times since receiving them.  They have a 70s vibe with a more modern production sound.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release   Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus A.D. Upcoming Roxx Release
Page 1 of 1