Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look what I found on ebay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Look what I found on ebay Empty
PostSubject: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 9:40 pm

Link = Missionary One - Rest in Peace
Kind of thinking about getting it, own a piece of history eh?

Look what I found on ebay S-l16010

Staybrite, rockerVu2, kerrick and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2024 3:03 pm

What in tarnation!!!!???

There is an old Mission of One demo?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 8:53 am

Who is selling that?  It appears to be a copy I sent out for review or for airplay before I had tapes made.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ccmrockman

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 10:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Who is selling that?  It appears to be a copy I sent out for review or for airplay before I had tapes made.

This is one of the last remaining US-based bloggers…that I know of…who offers massive downloads of OOP Christian music (multiple genres but a heavy focus on rock/metal) on his/her blog and has managed to not get shut down by the host.  I say “his/her” because I know the owner’s (stated) name, the first name of which is commonly used for either sex, but can’t find any pix online…and have never asked directly.  I’ve acquired some pretty interesting items for decent to very good pricing from this seller on eBay, though sometimes have to wait a while for price adjustments on those items I would like to get eventually that start out real high.  I haven’t known this seller to sell a lot of CS bootlegs, but this is also one of the reasons why I personally do not pay more than a few dollars a song (generally topping off at $10 to $15 total) for real DIY-looking CSs described as demos as you never really can be reasonably certain whether or not they are authentic or a dub/boot unless the seller is known or seems to be a reliable truth teller and is claiming to be the original recipient of said demo.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 10:01 am

ccmrockman wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

This is one of the last remaining US-based bloggers…that I know of…who offers massive downloads of OOP Christian music (multiple genres but a heavy focus on rock/metal) on his/her blog and has managed to not get shut down by the host.  I say “his/her” because I know the owner’s (stated) name, the first name of which is commonly used for either sex, but can’t find any pix online…and have never asked directly.  I’ve acquired some pretty interesting items for decent to very good pricing from this seller on eBay, though sometimes have to wait a while for price adjustments on those items I would like to get eventually that start out real high.  I haven’t known this seller to sell a lot of CS bootlegs, but this is also one of the reasons why I personally do not pay more than a few dollars a song (generally topping off at $10 to $15 total) for real DIY-looking CSs described as demos as you never really can be reasonably certain whether or not they are authentic or a dub/boot unless the seller is known or seems to be a reliable truth teller and is claiming to be the original recipient of said demo.

If he has the one pictured, it is real.  Like I said, I sent out promo copies this way before I had tapes made of my second release back in the 90s.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ccmrockman

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 10:35 am

Ok. Wasn't sure with your original response.

Another indication of your fame, then 😒 - when people start filesharing your recent releases AND start (trying to) sell your demos for more than a few dollars.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 4:43 pm

My tape player isn't working well so I passed on this. Though I really think I should've got it

Back to top Go down
ccmrockman

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 12:48 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
My tape player isn't working well so I passed on this. Though I really think I should've got it

Were you wanting to get it mainly to hear it?  If so...as I indicated earlier, this seller has a blog with a bunch of downloads that he is maintaining (bunch as in thousands), and a lot of what he sells on eBay, he also provides an MP3 download for on his blog.  He doesn't do it for everything, but just so happens that he did for this item.  So if you just want to hear it, I can message you the link to where you can download.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 10:18 pm

ccmrockman wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Were you wanting to get it mainly to hear it?  If so...as I indicated earlier, this seller has a blog with a bunch of downloads that he is maintaining (bunch as in thousands), and a lot of what he sells on eBay, he also provides an MP3 download for on his blog.  He doesn't do it for everything, but just so happens that he did for this item.  So if you just want to hear it, I can message you the link to where you can download.
I'd rather the artist, our own Alldat, get paid for his work. Perhaps he has it for sale still? Yes? No?
If not, I wouldn't mind getting a rip of it as I do wish to hear it.

Back to top Go down
ccmrockman

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 6:34 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
ccmrockman wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I'd rather the artist, our own Alldat, get paid for his work. Perhaps he has it for sale still? Yes? No?
If not, I wouldn't mind getting a rip of it as I do wish to hear it.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting you get that instead of an official copy if available.  I confess I was assuming that it was an early version of subsequently released album(s), maybe with some songs that didn't make the cut, etc.  Most demos are not straight copies of the albums that are released later, and fans of the artists like to get demos not just for their collectability but to hear early versions of the songs they like.  If you are only able to get one, by all means, get an official copy of the album!

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found on ebay   Look what I found on ebay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what I found on ebay
Page 1 of 1