Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Templar - Warlord

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:21 pm

One of the new Templar songs "Warlord" appears on the latest sampler disc sent with the most recent Heaven's Metal fanzine.

There several people here who don't get this, and may not have even heard the tune, but it features Josh Kramer (from Saint) on lead vocals, and he sounds great.

I know Andy/Dynamis posted something about this in his news section on his great Angelic Warlord site, but I haven't heard anything else about this album. Does anyone know if Josh does the lead vocal duties for the entire album? Has it already been released yet? (tried googling templar, and couldn't seem to find out any info on the band).

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:01 pm

The new Templar album is entitled "Preaching To The Perverted". I am uncertain as to a release date. In addition to Josh Kramer, it also includes guest appearances by Ez Gomer of Jet Circus and Saint bassist Richard Lynch.

Following is the bands MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/paradoxxmuzic

Please note I have not had the opportunity to spend a lot of time there- it looks clean so hopefully you will not find anything inappropriate.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:06 pm

OK, so the album IS released- I just purchased a copy off eBay. Following is the track listing:

1. Preaching to the Perverted, pt.1
2. Warlord
3. Deslorator
4. Sky Spider
5. Welcome to the Breakdown
6. Anthem
7. Alchemist
8. Lifeless
9. Breathe
10. Witch Hunt

Looking forward to receiving this and will report back once it arrives.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:25 am

Thanks for the link Andy.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:28 pm

I really liked what I heard. Until that, the only song I had heard was the one off of a sampler that came with Skin for Skin by Bride (also another great album) that I bought off Retroactive.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:17 pm

OK, I got the new Templar CD, "Preaching To The Perverted", earlier in the week and thought I would report back...

First, I would not consider this a Christian album but rather an album that might be of interest to those into Christian metal (Josh Kramer of Saint handles lead vocals on two tracks and Ez Gomer on one other). From reading the liner notes, it is obvious that the bands bassist, Rafael, is also a believer.

Musically, the album melds elements of hard rock and metal with some Gothic moments thrown in. Now, it is not necessarily the quality of the music here that turns me off here but rather that the groups main lead vocalist brings a punk/wave-like delivery that can come across a bit "grating" at times. I am a bit forgiving in the area of lead vocals, but I tend to draw the line when the vocals and music seem to be heading in different directions at once.

My advise would be to listen to the bands myspace samples and decide for yourself.

Lyrically, topics covered seem to be end time themes, ufo's, disappointment in relationships, the war against terror, etc. Things seem pretty clean though ambiguous in places (a few lines here and there leave me scratching my head- so uncertain if I am going to review it or not).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Now, it is not necessarily the quality of the music here that turns me off here but rather that the groups main lead vocalist brings a punk/wave-like delivery that can come across a bit "grating" at times. I am a bit forgiving in the area of lead vocals, but I tend to draw the line when the vocals and music seem to be heading in different directions at once.

Arghhh I was afraid of that. I noticed that listening to the samples on cdbaby from their previous album. I was kind of hoping that Ez and more specifically Josh had more of a vocal prescence on the recent album.

Templar - Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar - Warlord   Templar - Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Templar - Warlord
Page 1 of 1