Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?

Go down 
+7
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Fundy
Staybrite
mr.electric40
Dynamis
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? Empty
PostSubject: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Hello,

Most of you know that I am not a big fan of download only music.  However, I have (painfully) come to the conclusion that it is best to keep up with the times and pursue reviews of music that is only available as a download.  Previously, I would only review a download only release if the artist contacted the site directly for a review.  However, now I am going to take the initiative and start reviewing albums that are download only (including new albums from Wayne Johnson, Eden's Realm and D.O.G.S. of Pray).

The problem, however, is that more often than not a downloaded album ONLY comes with the music files (and no artwork, lyrics and liner notes).  That is what has always bothered me with downloaded music is that more often than not all you get is the music- all the while paying a price that is not much cheaper than the CD version.

So moving forward the policy at the site is NOT to do a track by track breakdown if I do not have lyrics to go along with it.  I understand that a track by track breakdown has always been a staple with Angelic Warlord.  But also keep in mind that the main reason I would do a track by track breakdown is to highlight the lyrics.  But if lyrics are not available then a track by track seems redundant.

What are everyone's thoughts in regards to this matter?  Do you still want me to do a track by track even without lyrics?  Would you be disappointed without a track by track or not feel the review is as complete?

Thanks for your feedback ahead of time.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Andy there are still a few labels who will send the additional stuff in a zip file... however you're right....

I wont weigh in on the track by track....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:20 pm

I think it sounds good to me.  If the artist doesn't provide you with lyrics I think it's fair that you don't do a track by track review.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:59 am

Lyrics are important to me, so it's a shame that with downloads quite often there are no lyrics.  Still it's better than no review at all, so I say it's a good thing to review them even if there's no lyrical snippets track by track.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:39 am

I only read the track by track for a description of the music anyway. I rarely pay attention to the lyrical discussion, so I honestly won't miss it. I do wish you'd keep the track by track review of the music of each track.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 am

Do whatever feels right with the site.  I would support a change if that is what you feel is needed.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am

I always liked your reviews track by track.
That's my problem with downloading CDs too,no lyrics to read, no artwork.
Only songs.

Andy, do what you feel what is good for Angelic Warlord.
I'll keep reading your reviews.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:31 am

I've always said, "Lyrics first, Music second"
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I know what you mean with download only albums. I write some reviews for untombed.com and i have done both downloads and physical copies. I also prefer having a booklet with lyrics included. Also because English is not my first language. until now i've always been able to find the lyrics online, but if not i might ask the band for the lyrics. 
Anyway i think it is cool to give insight in both the music and lyrics if possible.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I felt the same way about download only because you are losing that "magic" of having something in your hand to follow along with. However I do believe you have to move with the times if you want to stay relevant. When I help Rabid Rob with playlist for The Anvil I have found that having the bands send the mp3 copy of a song or full length cd is more efficient. I can always pick up the cd at a later time. My suggestion to you would be to ask bands to send you a bio
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:05 am

I'm like G/F, if the lyrics aren't good, I won't look any further. I would say leave it in the artist's/label's hands. If they don't provide lyrics, you won't do a track analysis. I'd hope that pressure would push most to provide them.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?   Possible changes at Angelic Warlord? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible changes at Angelic Warlord?
Page 1 of 1