Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gonna Kill Somebody

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Gonna Kill Somebody Empty
PostSubject: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Some of you might remember I had to replace my hot water heater 4 months ago. It was way too expensive and then I also had to have a city inspector come out a confirm that it had been properly installed (welcome to earthquake country).

Yesterday afternoon I am trying to bake a leg of lamb, and I smelled this evil burning plastic odor. My first thought was "oh boy I hope that isn't my lamb", then it was a mad scramble to find the source of that smell. Yep you guessed it, it was the hotwater heater. Wiring from the control panel was melting through the box that covers it and throwing sparks all over. I ran to the circut breaker and shut off the power to the hot water heater.

Now here comes the funny part, I called the company who installed my hot water heater and told them there was a serious problem. Without even asking me "what" the problem was they told me I would need to call the manufacturer. Hilarious! They had no idea what the problem was, but it certainly couldn't be "their" fault because they just installed it. (can you believe it, they actually said that?!)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:07 pm

Did the installation company give you any sort of a warranty on their work?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Of course, as did the manufacturer of the water heater. But I'll be darned if Im gonna put up with them accusing each other of the problem and expecting ME to pay to fix it.

Got to take a bath with boiled water in my sink this morning.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:34 pm

I would definitely call the water heater company first. If it is a faulty unit, they should pay for both a new unit and the installation. If the installers messed up, then they should have to redo the installation for free and replace the unit. If you stay on both of their cases enough, maybe you can get the manufacturer and the installer to at least take care of their part.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:38 am

Beside the point, but 10 yrs ago my bro and I installed a tankless water heater.... eternal hot water, a quarter of the size and only 500 bux ! Besides never ending hot water, it saves water and is maintenance free . Only prob weve had is once or twice thru the year, large winds will blow out the pilot.... pshhh, easy fix ! Small, was easy to install and in most places, they'll give you a discount on your bill.

Best thing I've installed (aside from a dishwasher)
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:53 pm

Tankless units can be very good, but only if sized properly to greatest demand and lowest inlet water temperature. In some cases you may need a larger gas line, too, to meet the added load.

I saw a Whirlpool WH that melted down. One would guess it's the manufacturer's problem in that case, though the fact the breaker didn't trip on its own when there was clearly a short may indicate a substandard wiring job by the installer.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:52 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

I saw a Whirlpool WH that melted down. One would guess it's the manufacturer's problem in that case, though the fact the breaker didn't trip on its own when there was clearly a short may indicate a substandard wiring job by the installer.

Yes I think it might be a tough call between the mfr and the installer as far as who is a fault. Kind of a moot point now though, we called Whirlpool and they are overnighting a replacement part and sending one of their guys out to fix it (on their dime). So as long as I don't have any other problems I will be happy. But I certainly won't recommend the company who did the install just because of their poor service.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Quote :
we called Whirlpool and they are overnighting a replacement part and sending one of their guys out to fix it (on their dime).

Awesome
Gonna Kill Somebody 1233

(now you don't hafta break the 6th Commandment !)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

......(now you don't hafta break the 6th Commandment !)

Well it doesn't really matter because I have hated people before, and God sees hatred as murder, so I'm already guilty of that one.
silent

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am

Quote :
Well it doesn't really matter because I have hated people before, and God sees hatred as murder, so I'm already guilty of that one.

Aint it the truth ! I'm with ya.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:20 am

it's always something, aint it?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:54 am

A rare Sue sighting! Where have you been, girl?

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Sobbing her head off over losing Sabidoo? Gonna Kill Somebody Fresse

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Just_Sue wrote:
it's always something, aint it?

You know it, just got my car out of the shop too, only cost me $1500.

topshot wrote:
Sobbing her head off over losing Sabidoo? Gonna Kill Somebody Fresse

Gonna Kill Somebody Lol

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
A rare Sue sighting! Where have you been, girl?

i'm working 6 days a week, the new school semester has started [and it's a nightmare, frankly] and i barely know if i'm coming or going, these days. i'm just a bit overwhelmed.

the new semester finds me in a hybrid class [that i didnt even sign up for. i was plopped there mysteriously and dropped from the class i needed and actually signed up for back in April and didnt find out how they'd screwed my schedule until the day before classes started]. it's Developmental Psychology and the majority of it is online, which i dont like. i need face time. i'd never sign up for an internet class, but it's what i've got to deal with. it was either take this or sit out a semester since i'd only signed up for one class.

i actually do need this class for my Nursing major but i didnt need to take it now. i'd signed up for a Math class that i need for my Radiography major. i dont know what happened. i just know i only wanted to take the Math class this semester because i'm SSSOOOO bad with numbers and i knew this would be the last chance i had to have a 'light' semester. i was going to use this to really buckle down and only focus on getting through the course.

oh, well.

anyway, i thought about you guys and decided to drop in and holler at ya'll.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 pm

It's good to see you back posting here again Sue. Gonna Kill Somebody Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's good to see you back posting here again Sue. Gonna Kill Somebody Icon_biggrin

i'll pop in whenever i can. Gonna Kill Somebody Fresse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Kill Somebody   Gonna Kill Somebody I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna Kill Somebody
Page 1 of 1