Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jewel cases or digipacks poll.

Go down 
+8
Fundy
Dynamis
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
Driven
rockerVu2
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Digipacks or jewel cases?
I like digipacks
Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_lcap0%Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I really don't like them
Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_lcap15%Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
I like jewel cases
Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_lcap65%Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 13 ]
I really don't like them
Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_lcap0%Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other option
Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_lcap20%Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Jewel cases or digipacks poll. Empty
PostSubject: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:09 pm

More and more bands are using digipacks for their CDs.
Do you like them? Or you really don't like them?
Or do you like jewel cases much more.
Tell us what you like or not like at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm

I like jewel cases the best. They are more sturdy, can be replaced if need be and hold the cd better.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

I like 'em both. Jewel cases are more fragile but they don't get damaged as easily, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Don't care for either, all my music is digital so it doesn't matter to me.

But if I HAD to choose, I'd prefer cases to digi as digi's are easier to damage.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 pm

I absolutely hate digi packs. I think I have bought maybe 3 cds in the last 2 years so it doesn't matter too much to me anymore, but I have always prefered jewel cases. If they get damaged you can remove the art work and put it in a new jewel case.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I. HATE. DIGIPAKS.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 am

Digipaks must die.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:07 am

I picked jewel case but I am moving over to digital downloads for a lot of stuff. I wish the GX Project was already digital and I'd go ahead and buy it now but am thinking of ordering the CD anyway, then converting it over to digital.

I HATE digipaks. They are garbage. They are flimsy, the discs fall out and they aren't protected like CD's in a jewel case. If one gets wet it's toast. They rip, scuff and fade. Probably cheaper to produce, that's probably why companies are using more.

I remember when Van Halen's "Right Here, Right Now" was released I refused to even buy it because it was a digipak. Thankfully it showed up in BMG CD Club's selections and I assumed it would come in a jewel case, so I ordered it from them. Glad I did because it is in a jewel case. Man, I miss BMG and Columbia House!!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am

I hate digipacks too.
I love to read the lyrics and in a digipack I seldom see lyrics and other information.
A digipack never has a booklet like a jewel case has.
So I'm a jewel case fan.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 am

Actually I have a few digipaks with booklets. The last two journey releases have them as does the new one from the cars. But still, it's NOT a jewel case!
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am

When CD's first started to come out in the eighties I remember quite a few digi-pak releases, but they were eventually phased out in favor of jewel cases. Digi-paks have been making quite the comeback lately. That being said, I prefer jewel cases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Digi-paks are good, but just not on this planet. Personally I'd like to see more of them on Jupiter.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Quote :
But still, it's NOT a jewel case!

Jewel cases or digipacks poll. 511963
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 am

I HATE digipaks!
- the cheap glue holding the cheap plastic tray onto the cheap cardboard case dries out and falls apart, so now your digipak is in pieces
- many digi's don't fit properly in my CD racks, especially if it is a multi-disc set
- far too often, the digipak does not have the same artwork as the jewel case version, and the digi artwork is often not as good
- digi's just don't have the same durability... let's face it, paper vs. plastic... ummm... which do you think would last longer? Let your kids get at your CD collection and see what happens... Razz

I don't have time to read all of your comments right now, but I'll DEFINITELY be coming back here soon to see what you all had to say about this! This is a bit of a "pet peeve" of mine, the fact that the music industry is PUSHING digi's on us so much these days.

-----
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 pm

It seems that nearly all (or maybe all) of us just do not like digi-packs. I knew this was a good crowd of people.

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Very Happy We're all just incredibly intelligent, that's all!
Ha ha ha!

-----------
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Digipaks must die.
I totally agree! And I'm doing my part to make that happen... I absolutely REFUSE to release any album in digipak.

-------------
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:26 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
A digipack never has a booklet like a jewel case has.
I'm wondering if digipaks are just done differently in Holland / Europe than in North America. I have several albums that came in digi's, and they all do have booklets.

But my complaint in this regard (beside all the other complaints listed above) is that many times the artwork is different on the booklet that comes inside the digi. Example: five or six Yes albums I bought via eBay and didn't realize that they were all digipak reissues... the front of the digi has the original artwork, but the booklet inside is totally different, and totally sucks.

The front cover of a digipak is USUALLY the same (but not ALWAYS), but I can't put that into a jewel case... I need to scan it and make my own insert if I want to have the original artwork in my jewel case. Too much work. I really don't know why the record companies do this.

---------
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:31 pm

I have a several digipacks now.
Some are very simple with only the names of the band and the "thank you" of the band without the lyrics.
Other digipacks have a booklet with the lyrics and look great, but it always will be a digipack.

I don't think band make two different digipack, one for the US and an other for outside the US.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Actually, a lot of the big record companies do make different releases for different countries. I don't like that, because then you have to check if a CD is the "correct" version that you are looking for.

---------
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Now that I've read all of the comments above, I see that the music industry appears to be just plain LYING to us. I have had industry people and major retailers arguing with me that the majority of consumers buying CDs WANT digipaks. They CLAIM that a number of polls have been taken, and the result was an overwhelming vote in favour of digipaks.

I'd like to know where all these people are who supposedly voted for digipaks, because I don't know anyone personally who prefers digi's, and every poll I've seen (like this one) has overwhelmingly displayed a hatred of the stupid things. So then, as with everything else, it's all marketing... they are TELLING US what we want, and we just go along with it like a bunch of lemmings. Well, I'm glad to see that the people in this forum actually use their brains and make up their OWN minds!

----------
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Thomas wrote:
I'd like to know where all these people are who supposedly voted for digipaks, because I don't know anyone personally who prefers digi's, and every poll I've seen (like this one) has overwhelmingly displayed a hatred of the stupid things.....

They polled all the kids at the mall, and the Justin Bieber concerts.

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 pm

I hate to use a smoking metaphor, but back when I was into cigars more than I am now, I used to order a lot from Thompson's in Florida (no relation to Dale Thompson). They had their own line of cheap cigars that were mostly bad, but they used to tout them by saying "Thompson's smokers rate them a 90!" (90 or above by a Cigar Aficionado poll was considered excellent). I used to joke that the "Thompson's smokers" that they were polling had to be Thompson's employees with guns to their heads.

No one likes digipacks better except those who are profiting from them.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am

Thomas, that means when I get a digi pack and the less the better, it can be that when you order this album in the US you can get an different digi pack?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I received 2 CDs today that were digis. They are flimsy and won't last. I'd rather have a true cardboard sleeve than this cheap crap.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jewel cases or digipacks poll.   Jewel cases or digipacks poll. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jewel cases or digipacks poll.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next