Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians

Go down 
+6
oldschooldoom
Samson
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
ishmael81
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians Empty
PostSubject: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:26 pm

What song titles, from Christian bands, do you think would sound bad to a non-Christian? I am looking for songs that would make a parent think twice before letting their kid listen to it. Of course, the sad reality is that a lot of today's music (rap, death metal, etc) is filled with sex and violence but parents don't seem to care as much now as they did in the 70s and 80s about what their kids listen to. But you get my point...what song would a CARING parent think twice about..lol

My first nominee is Petra's "Killing My Old Man".

I remember it even caused some controversy in Christian circles, let alone what someone who didn't understand about the "old man" would think when seeing that title. I can see it now, are those Petra guys promoting murder?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:48 pm

I can image there are several many Christian parents might take exception with just based on the title.  Here are a few that come to mind.

Cold Addiction by Day Of Fire
Sin City by DuBeel
Sunday Bloody Sunday covered by Echo Hollow
Dirty Loving by First Strike
The Hell That I Breathe or Demon World by Jacobs Dream
Steal Kill & Destroy by Liaison
Isn't Sex a Wonderful Thing by Mad At The World
Run Like the Devil by Steven Patrick
Christians & Lunatics by Saviour Machine

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Yeah...especially THAT one...I can see some poor kid trying to explain that to his mom..awkward!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:31 pm

bought4life wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Yeah...especially THAT one...I can see some poor kid trying to explain that to his mom..awkward!

What mom? Do you disagree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:57 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
bought4life wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

What mom? Do you disagree?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Every good Christian knows that sex is for procreation only...and is not to be enjoyed!!!!!Evil or Very Mad

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 pm

I am so used to Facebook now, that when I see a post here I like, I keep looking for the LIKE button..
Stupid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:48 pm

bought4life wrote:
I am so used to Facebook now, that when I see a post here I like, I keep looking for the LIKE button..
Stupid

Ditto, that's when I just quote the person and slap this little guy there.Thumbs Up

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 am

Staybrite wrote:
bought4life wrote:
Stupid

Ditto, that's when I just quote the person and slap this little guy there.Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 am

This thread is funny...  but true. I can't think of any off hand, but Gary listed a pretty good amount of songs that would definitely turn some heads.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
This thread is funny...  but true. I can't think of any off hand, but Gary listed a pretty good amount of songs that would definitely turn some heads.

Who's Gary? lol! 

Maybe we need one of those "tell us about yourself" kind threads.  It's probably been a few years since we've done one.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Faith - Emotional Retard
Flaskavsae - Playing The Harlot
Frosthardr - Death My Relief
Horde - Drink From The Chalice Of Blood, Crush The Bloodied Horns Of The Goat
Seventh Angel - Tormented Forever, Dr. Hatchet
Virgin Black - Walk Without Limbs, I Sleep With The Emperor, Cult Of Crucifixion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

kerrick wrote:
Faith - Emotional Retard
Flaskavsae - Playing The Harlot
Frosthardr - Death My Relief
Horde - Drink From The Chalice Of Blood, Crush The Bloodied Horns Of The Goat
Seventh Angel - Tormented Forever, Dr. Hatchet
Virgin Black - Walk Without Limbs, I Sleep With The Emperor, Cult Of Crucifixion

Wow...I suddenly feel so dirty....Shocked 

lol
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:01 pm

In a good way?  clown 

[I didn't know what smiley to put but then saw that creepy clown... perfect.]
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:26 am

I've always thought the #1 song of all time that would sound the worse to non-christians would have to be.....

.. {{drum roll}}

"HE TOUCHED ME"
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've always thought the #1 song of all time that would sound the worse to non-christians would have to be.....

.. {{drum roll}}

"HE TOUCHED ME"

lol! 

Anyone watch South Park here?  I used to enjoy watching that show (it kinda sucks now and I think I've "matured" some...).  Anyways, there's a pretty funny episode about Christian rock bands.  Basically Cartman realizes there's money in that so he decides to start a Christian rock band.  All he does is takes love songs and puts "Jesus" instead of "woman" or whatever.  They become famous, mayhem ensues, etc.  Anyways that reminded me of that...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 pm

kerrick wrote:
Anyone watch South Park here?  I used to enjoy watching that show (it kinda sucks now and I think I've "matured" some...).  Anyways, there's a pretty funny episode about Christian rock bands.  Basically Cartman realizes there's money in that so he decides to start a Christian rock band.  All he does is takes love songs and puts "Jesus" instead of "woman" or whatever.  They become famous, mayhem ensues, etc.  Anyways that reminded me of that...

There is an episode of the Simpsons that is kind of similar (but in reverse)  Ned Flanders develops a crush on a female Christian singer.  Later in the episode Ned asks the Girl what happened to her band and she tells him that the band decided to go secular, and they just replaced the word "Jesus" with "baby" in all the song lyrics.
I used to love to watch the Simpsons but had to quit because it seemed to make my language a little too coarse. silent

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:53 pm

G/F....rofl....yeah...that would be a real bad title especially if sung by a male singer..lol
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 am

The Godless The Godforsaken and the God Damned
by Babylon Mystery Orchestra
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 am

Welcome back oldschooldoom to CHM.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 am

Thank you! I see that it has gotten busier since I was last here.

Just wish those buttons were visible when it comes time to post.
Guess I'll just err by default to clicking to the right.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 am

Yep, it's a bit busier here.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 pm

I Wanna Kill You Over And Over Again

I get confused stares when I sing along to it, until I explain the whole meaning. Then they're like "oh… ok…" Razz
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 pm

I read the lyrics to Frost Like Ashes' Born To Pieces song and it's pretty gnarly and sounds like they're encouraging murdering abortion doctors.  But I guess if you buy the CD and read the liner-notes, that's not what it is about at all.  But dang, if you didn't know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians   Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian song titles that would sound bad to non-Christians
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next