Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...

Go down 
+7
ishmael81
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... Empty
PostSubject: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm

What happenings in the Christian rock / metal genre have made you stop and think "wow..that's different"

I will start...

Scott Wenzel rapping on an LNJ album
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:22 pm

bought4life wrote:
What happenings in the Christian rock / metal genre have made you stop and think "wow..that's different"

I will start...

Oh man I remember that. I think Justin (from Liberty N Justice) caught a lot a flak over that one.

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
bought4life wrote:

I will start...

Oh man I remember that.  I think Justin (from Liberty N Justice) caught a lot a flak over that one.
I still make comments to Justin about it now and then...

I am doing the I'm With The Band  with Whitecross at Skull Fest and I have begged Justin not to let him rap
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 pm

I saw Becoming The Archetype some years ago (~2007?) and they played Elegy.  When they got to the piano interlude, Seth transitioned it into the Charlie Brown theme song.  It was so awesome.

Also, Lengsel's second album is super weird and nothing like their first (but I still like it) and Faith's version of What A Wonderful World is rather odd...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:35 pm

I'll be the oddball out here, since this is not metal or technically rock....

I was just listening to Stellar Kart (Christian pop punk), and was surprised to hear a song come on that sounded vaguely familiar... then he belted out the lyrics... it was a punk version of Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. Kinda liked it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Hearing Whitecross as a grunge/alternative band was weird.  I liked it, but it never was the same after Rex left.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:39 pm

^ I liked it too.

How about Holy Soldier Promised Man... I think EVERYONE went "hmmmm" when they first played it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I remember when I first heard the album Ping Pong Over The Abyss by 77s...I am still going "hmmm"
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Seeing people in corpse paint at Cornerstone Festival . . . IN THE SUMMER!!!!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
^ I liked it too.

How about Holy Soldier Promised Man... I think EVERYONE went "hmmmm" when they first played it.
I'll see your "Hmm" for Holy Soldier and raise you a "Hmm ... ouch" : Pat Boone singing Eyes of Innocence on their Encore CD.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I was stunned the first time I hard Rock Those Blues away on Bride's Silence is Madness CD. It was so out of context with the rest of the CD!

And speaking of Bride, what was up with Dale's epileptic fit at the end of Live to Die's "Heroes"!? Hmm!? (6:35)

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 pm

BearDad wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
^ I liked it too.

I'll see your "Hmm" for Holy Soldier and raise you a "Hmm ... ouch" : Pat Boone singing Eyes of Innocence on their Encore CD.
Oh yes, that was definitely a "What were they thinking" kind of moment.

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:30 pm

actually.speaking of Pat Boone....how about the cover he did for his In A Metal Mood album....or you can say the fact that he even did the album to begin with was a hmmm moment
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 am

Third Day removing the rock guitars from their latest album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 am

What was that album Ted Kirkpatrick did with the animal sounds? I'm not a big Tourniquet fan but the sample I heard from that was interesting until a baboon started yelling or whatever it was.

That kinda made me go scratch
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:06 am

Haha that's his Roadkill solo album... he's got his own thing with the animals. I feel the need to razz him about all that, but that wouldn't be cool - he's got a serious love for animals and that's cool. To each their own. That album being full of animal sounds definitely makes the average person go hmmmm though, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am

And what IS up with that Bride song Beardad posted - Did Dale REALLY think that was a good idea and people would listen to that and think "wow man, that's so cool" ????
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:06 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Haha that's his Roadkill solo album... he's got his own thing with the animals. I feel the need to razz him about all that, but that wouldn't be cool - he's got a serious love for animals and that's cool. To each their own. That album being full of animal sounds definitely makes the average person go hmmmm though, that's for sure.
No, no. I love animals too. But the whole thing is a weird combo. St Vitus style stoner rock with animal noises? It'd be like me making a thrash album and having Kerrick and staybrite fart for the verses.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:10 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
No, no. I love animals too. But the whole thing is a weird combo. St Vitus style stoner rock with animal noises? It'd be like me making a thrash album and having Kerrick and staybrite fart for the verses.
Would they be in harmony? lol!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:14 am

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Would they be in harmony? lol!
No. One would be the clean farter and one would the fart growler, kinda like Divinefire... only not so much...
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 am

One strange moment for me was when I heard The Perfect Life from Saint. I told Richard the drum machine killed me on that one. He called the album 'The Perfect Flop'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm kind of glad Saint did "The Perfect Life", it shows what happens when a fantastic band changes it's sound...kind of makes me appreciate all the rest of their albums even more.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:31 pm

BearDad wrote:
I was stunned the first time I hard Rock Those Blues away on Bride's Silence is Madness CD. It was so out of context with the rest of the CD!

And speaking of Bride, what was up with Dale's epileptic fit at the end of Live to Die's "Heroes"!? Hmm!? (6:35)

Sheep going BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 am

mr.electric40 wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Sheep going BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA!!!!!!!
I thought I heard that it was something they did to wake up the guys when they were in the studio for LTD. Someone would play random stuff on the keys while Dale wailed. And that would wake anyone up in a sweat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Seeing the song No Surfin In Hell on Underground Metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...   Things that you make you go "HMMMM"... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that you make you go "HMMMM"...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next