Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6

Go down 
+7
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
alldatndensum
kerrick
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 8:06 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Who's being random?

Ooh, cheesecake.
lol!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
I was being carried or something. My family and I were in the Bahamas. My aunt told someone to get some peppermint from outside and we went outside and got some. Then we went back inside. I was a baby at that time.
Have you been to the Bahamas since then?
Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 am

I don't know what my first memory was… maybe my elementary school, which I passionately hated. I felt like an outsider, since I was apparently the only one who wanted to speak French at a French school.

12 years later, I'm still the only one who wants to speak French at my school… Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 am

This brings me to another thought - As we're growing up, our families recall events and tell stories over and over of things that happened to us.  Are we able to recall our earliest memories on our own, or are some of our earliest memories due to the fact that we've formulated the "scenes" in our heads as we were growing up due to our families telling the stories to us ?

Chew on that a bit.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:10 am

I would say that some people are probably able to recall memories on their own while other do "pick up" the stories and think that their a memory that they have.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:21 am

I can recall stories of when I was in pre-school, but it's not my recollections... it's my re-creations in my mind of bad or funny things I did that my Mom has been telling and re-telling the stories of.

I also have some super 8 video of me at like only a year old... I remember it, but only cuz of the video.

I wonder when our minds begin to hit the "save" button and keep memories ?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 am

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 am

^That's just wrong . . . funny, but wrong Laughing
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:35 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I can recall stories of when I was in pre-school, but it's not my recollections... it's my re-creations in my mind of bad or funny things I did that my Mom has been telling and re-telling the stories of.

I also have some super 8 video of me at like only a year old... I remember it, but only cuz of the video.

I wonder when our minds begin to hit the "save" button and keep memories ?
I'd rather know why my mind has always hit the "save" button for the memories I rather forget and the "delete" button for the memories that would have been worth keeping!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:45 am

If I remember correctly from my courses in college, based on brainwave patterns, babies can remember simple things (their mother's voice or smell) by 2 weeks old.  Complex memories such as where a toy is stored or which room is their's is usually by about 9 months. More complex things, like a story (much like what we're discussing here), is usually by 17 - 24 months.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 pm

^ Agree totally. Makes sense.

I would add this: The ability to remember to do the chores assigned to you = 18 years old Laughing
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
^ Agree totally. Makes sense.

I would add this: The ability to remember to do the chores assigned to you = 18 years old Laughing
Huh, I must be a little... slow. I still forget to do those sometimes...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 am

Am I the only one who's really good (usually) at remembering dates of past events?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 am

I usually don't remember dates that well . . . I usually just eat them and go on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:55 am

I'm not that good at dates but I work with a guy who remembers every date that wa ever important to him. Birthdays of his family, what date his brother died, when staff members quit.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm mediocre with remembering dates.
I do remember past events themselves well though. Sometimes I tell people that they said something and they don't even remember saying it. Sometimes I'm better at remembering things that happened a while ago than things that just happened. It depends.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm

I can barely remember the date for my wife's birthday or our wedding anniversary....forget any other dates. I am constantly messing up my son's birthdays.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #6
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3