Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord

Go down 
+3
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Dynamis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:36 pm

As promised, here is the link to a review of the new Bloodgood album "Dangerously Close": http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/b/bloodgood13.html

Earlier in the week I added a review of Bride's "Incorruptible": http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/b/bride13a.html

Signum Regis' "Exodus" was recently reviewed as well: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/s/signumregis13.html

Both the News section and Release Dates page were also updated.

Upcoming reviews will include albums by Deliverance ("Hear What I Say!"), Bride ("Lost Reels"), Barren Cross ("Birth Pangs") and Desyre ("Glamtron").

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Very cool thanks for keeping us up to date Andy.

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:59 pm

So you don't find the high end lacking as on the video or the drumming rote?

And I really have to ask - do you seriously talk like you write? jocolor

Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:09 pm

No, because the mastering for the version on the video is different than that which appeared on the actual album.  I have no problem with the high end lacking.  Also, I listen to albums on some top of the line stereo equipment I purchased back in the eighties that is miraculously still working.  So I might be hearing something completing different as opposed to someone listening to the same album on computer speakers and/or cheap head phones.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:14 pm

I think that both reviews were excellent, Andrew!  Both the Bloodgood and Bride albums will be among my favorites list for 2013.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks- I agree that is going to be challenge putting together a favorite list (top 15 for me) for 2013 due to all the good comeback releases

Quote :
And I really have to ask - do you seriously talk like you write?
Do I detect a faint hint of sarcasm or contempt here?  Or perhaps this was said in jest? Very Happy 

Either way no offense taken, but I do need to let everyone here know I am not a professionally trained writer.  Yes, I did take my share of English composition, journalism and media writing classes in college (and always did well) but have never written professionally.  As a matter of fact, it was almost ten years ago that a picked writing back up and began work on the very first reviews for Angelic Warlord.

As far as writing reviews go, I acknowledge there are reviewers out there much better than I am (my personal favorites include Arttie at CMR and MetalFro Blogspot) and I always strain towards improving.

So to answer your question- if I do talk like I write than that means I am polite, diplomatic, analytical and strain towards "letting my gentleness be evident to all" and "showing true humility to all men".  Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:46 am

Dynamis wrote:

So to answer your question- if I do talk like I write than that means I am polite, diplomatic, analytical and strain towards "letting my gentleness be evident to all" and "showing true humility to all men".  Hope this answers your question.
I love it! Very Happy 

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up on Signum Regis. I have listened to older stuff and felt they had potential.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Good answer, Andy, but my question was largely because I've never seen you use uncommon words in your posts here that you sometimes do in your reviews. Made me think you're googling synonyms or using a thesaurus. In this particular review, proclivities and tinctures stuck out at me, the former because the dominant definition means tendencies toward something bad where you were intending the minor definition (tendency toward something in general) and the latter for essentially the same reason (drug mixture vs characteristic quality). You rarely see those words in everyday life and you had used minor definitions at that. So it got me wondering how often you really use words like this outside your reviews.

Now back to the topic. Glad they re-mixed/mastered from the video. I'll pick this up then. Thumbs Up

oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm actually surprised by the high mark on the new Bride album. I only gave it a quick listen and thought it was just boring... maybe i'll give it another chance.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
phydeaux72

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm with Chris on this. Both albums are top notch and are among my favorites for 2013.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 pm

I re-read the post I made this morning and hope it did not come across a bit strongly worded- wasn't my attention (I wrote it first thing in the morning and my thinking was still a bit cloudy).

Quote :
Good answer, Andy, but my question was largely because I've never seen you use uncommon words in your posts here that you sometimes do in your reviews. Made me think you're googling synonyms or using a thesaurus. In this particular review, proclivities and tinctures stuck out at me, the former because the dominant definition means tendencies toward something bad where you were intending the minor definition (tendency toward something in general) and the latter for essentially the same reason (drug mixture vs characteristic quality). You rarely see those words in everyday life and you had used minor definitions at that. So it got me wondering how often you really use words like this outside your reviews.
Yes, that is correct in that I write using a thesaurus- so I actually do not use the words in normal life (just for review purposes).  So hopefully that helps clean things up, but my reviews are a bit adjective happy (a thesaurus comes in helpful as a result).

Quote :
I'm actually surprised by the high mark on the new Bride album. I only gave it a quick listen and thought it was just boring... maybe i'll give it another chance.
I felt the same way on first listen to the new Bride album, and had to actually give it 3 or 4 spins before the songs started to sink in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood - "Dangerously Close" review at Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1