Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood Angelic Warlord

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
Dynamis
alldatndensum
LRW
rich71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Bloodgood Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:34 pm

This is just a small complaint. I don't agree with the 85 rating. I think the deserved higher. I see that No More He'll To Pay received a 95 dont agree with that either. Letter7s Follow The Light received a 95 the 2 aren't even comparable. I agree with the Letter7 rating. NMHTP is a good cd production wise but lacking lyrically. Never considered Stryper to be strong in the lyric dept. Just my opinion is all
Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:15 pm

It's cool, nothing wrong with sharing your opinion! I think a lot of the Angelic Warlord ratings are give or take 5 percent in a lot of cases, and a lot of that has to do with your musical taste! I really appreciate the work Andy does over there, I think most of us can agree he's done a world of good for Christian Metal. But hey, there's no way we'll all agree 100 percent with all of his reviews, but I really enjoy reading them regardless!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:26 pm

I don't always agree with the ranking, either.  With any review site, you have to allow the person writing the review the freedom of their personal opinion.  That's all a review is:  one writer's personal opinion of an album.

So, while I may not always agree with Angelic Warlord's rating, I am not going to argue about it or speak ill of Andrew's thoughts about an album.  It's his site and I am glad it's out there for us to use.  His in-depth reviews have really helped me become more picky about what music I want to purchase.  He's cost me a lot of money, but he's saved me tons more.  So, just for that reason alone, I tip my hat to Andrew and Angelic Warlord for all the great work they do for many bands in the Christian scene (myself included).  You have an awesome resource that I am proud to use and to occasionally promote to other Christian rockers.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Quote :
I see that No More He'll To Pay received a 95 dont agree with that either. Letter7s Follow The Light received a 95 the 2 aren't even comparable. I agree with the Letter7 rating. NMHTP is a good cd production wise but lacking lyrically.
Really?  Weak lyrically?  I think they've done some of their best work yet in the lyrics department.  I would say that these two albums would be VERY comparable.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:15 pm

I want to thank everyone for their positive words of encouragement- it has really helped make my day! Very Happy 

Quote :
This is just a small complaint. I don't agree with the 85 rating. I think the deserved higher. I see that No More He'll To Pay received a 95 dont agree with that either. Letter7s Follow The Light received a 95 the 2 aren't even comparable. I agree with the Letter7 rating. NMHTP is a good cd production wise but lacking lyrically. Never considered Stryper to be strong in the lyric dept. Just my opinion is all
Rich, Thanks for the thoughts here. As for the comparison between the new Bloodgood and NMHTP.  I gave "Dangerously Close" the grade of 85% because it has one song I skip over ("Crush Me") while NMHTP is solid front to back.  Why don't you agree with the 95% grade for NMHTP?  The reason I gave the album such a high grade is that it is the work I have always wanted Stryper to release- an album ful (for the most part) of its heavier and better material.  And the quality does not diminish throughout- just my opinion.  Yes, and I agree that Letter 7 is very solid (I listened to the debut during my commute to work the past several days) and am looking forward to the new album.

Stryper not strong in the lyric department?  I find the lyrics to NMHTP to be very mature- or at the very least the group has matured a great deal in this area over the years.

Quote :
It's cool, nothing wrong with sharing your opinion! I think a lot of the Angelic Warlord ratings are give or take 5 percent in a lot of cases, and a lot of that has to do with your musical taste! I really appreciate the work Andy does over there, I think most of us can agree he's done a world of good for Christian Metal. But hey, there's no way we'll all agree 100 percent with all of his reviews, but I really enjoy reading them regardless!
Again, thanks for the commentary and am glad that you enjoy the reviews.  But I agree with your comment about the give or take 5 percent- sometimes when I listen to an album several years after writing the review I feel the same way- maybe I should have scored this a bit higher (or even lower).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Quote :
I don't always agree with the ranking, either.  With any review site, you have to allow the person writing the review the freedom of their personal opinion.  That's all a review is:  one writer's personal opinion of an album.

So, while I may not always agree with Angelic Warlord's rating, I am not going to argue about it or speak ill of Andrew's thoughts about an album.  It's his site and I am glad it's out there for us to use.  His in-depth reviews have really helped me become more picky about what music I want to purchase.  He's cost me a lot of money, but he's saved me tons more.  So, just for that reason alone, I tip my hat to Andrew and Angelic Warlord for all the great work they do for many bands in the Christian scene (myself included).  You have an awesome resource that I am proud to use and to occasionally promote to other Christian rockers.
Again, thanks for the encouraging words- it is always good to hear that I have helped point people in the direction of new music (it always makes my day to hear this because the site is a 'labor of love').  It kind of brings to mind a comment from Facebook the past week when someone asked if I get paid to write the reviews.  I responded by stating "I do not get paid but occasionally receive promotional material for review purposes.  Other than that I am a starving record reviewer..."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Angelic Warlord is a fantastic site, my go-to place for Christian metal reviews. I appreciate that a lot of hard work must go into the site and I totally give Andy kudos for all the work he does to keep such a fantastic site.

I agree with Alldat's assessment that any review site is just the reviewer's opinion of the artist's work, and not all people are going to agree with the ratings. I am usually pretty close to what Andy gives most projects (although I have yet to see a rating of 20....what's up with that Andy...haven't you ever owned any Torn Flesh albums?)lol! 

Here is a great idea Rich, start a new thread and rate a few of the releases you got this year, then we can all chime in and post our own ratings. You set the scale for rating, and you pick the releases for us to rate. Thumbs Up 

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Quote :
Angelic Warlord is a fantastic site, my go-to place for Christian metal reviews. I appreciate that a lot of hard work must go into the site and I totally give Andy kudos for all the work he does to keep such a fantastic site.

I agree with Alldat's assessment that any review site is just the reviewer's opinion of the artist's work, and not all people are going to agree with the ratings. I am usually pretty close to what Andy gives most projects (although I have yet to see a rating of 20....what's up with that Andy...haven't you ever owned any Torn Flesh albums?)

Here is a great idea Rich, start a new thread and rate a few of the releases you got this year, then we can all chime in and post our own ratings. You set the scale for rating, and you pick the releases for us to rate.

OK, thanks again.  I believe the lowest grade I have given to an album is 25%, which is to Contagious "Free Indeed".  My philosophy is that if I cannot say anyone positive about an album then I do not review it.  Hence, the exclusion of Torn Flesh! LOL!  Actually, Torn Flesh probably would not fit the sites style guidelines.

But I think that is a great for Rich to start a thread rating some of his favorite releases from this past year.

Last edited by Dynamis on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 am

Angelic Warlord is agreat place to go for info, news and album reviews.  I pretty much agree with all the reviews (with an alteration of 5 - 10 %, like has been stated).  I'm always keen to see what the lyrical content is like for that is important to me, so reading Andys comments about the lyrics is great.  I thought that Stryper were weaker (from a christian point of view) on the lyrical front in NMHTP, basically because it was slightly more difficult to tell they were a Christian band in all their songs.  Not saying that's a bad thing, as I still love the album, but take songs like Sticks And Stones and it's not in your face christian, whereas their older stuff always was.  That's why I find Andy's reviews, and the way he reviews them so important.

NMHTP is definitely in my top 3 albums of the year!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:30 am

Andy you do a good job to listen to all those albums and rate them.
It's a lot of work.
When I will buy an older CD and don't know if I like it I always use Angelic Warlord to see what you write about that album.

I agree, the rating is personal.
Back to top Go down
StarPilot

StarPilot

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

I also greatly appreciate the Angelic Warlord website.  As a person who in the last year and a half weaned myself off of K-Love and started listening to real Christian rock and metal, I go to the website often to get ideas of new bands I might enjoy.  Keep it up brother.  Be encouraged.  You are storing up rewards in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Hey StarPilot welcome to CHM!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Welcome to CHM StarPilot.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:34 pm

ROckerVu2 is that one of those plants that stalks you when you walk by and shoots out spores? Smile
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Angelic Warlord is a great site, Just didn't agree with the rating. Its all good. I actually have a beef with Michael is all. It actually is a great cd musically and technically. I guess the lyrics areore mature then on previous cds.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:23 am

MikeInFla, you are talking over my new avatar?
It's a colorful flower arrangement I've made for a wedding service in church.
I hope you like it?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
MikeInFla, you are talking over my new avatar?
It's a colorful flower arrangement I've made for a wedding service in church.
I hope you like it?
Yes, I like it I was being silly clown
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 am

rich71 wrote:
I actually have a beef with Michael is all.
What has he done personally to you?

Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:05 pm

He has done nothing wrong to me personally. I have a problem with some of the comments he's made in interviews and comments he's made on fb and twitter. In my opinion he has sounded like joel olsten.

I also do not like all fb comments practically begging people to buy the cd. Why does the founder of the most popular christian metal have to beg for sales.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

rich71 wrote:
He has done nothing wrong to me personally. I have a problem with some of the comments he's made in interviews and comments he's made on fb and twitter. In my opinion he has sounded like joel olsten.

I also do not like all fb comments practically begging people to buy the cd. Why does the founder of the most popular christian metal have to beg for sales.
I dont know but maybe CD sales are down. Keep in mind pirated copies of digital downloads of NMHTP and Dangerously Close were already posted online BEFORE the CD was even released. I know this is what hurt Saint's Desperate Night. The downloads hit the net before the CD was released and it killed the album. Nothing wrong with someone promoting their latest album IMO. The CD in this day and age is all but dead thanks to pirated albums.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:19 pm

How are they available before the actual release.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:15 pm

rich71 wrote:
How are they available before the actual release.
Advance copies sent out as promos. Usually sent out before the release date. Both albums were on blog sites before the actual cd came out. Saint had the same problem with Desperate Night. I bought the download from Rich. Later that same day I googled Desperate Night and found several sites that had it as a free download. X-Sinner said the same thing about World Covered In Blood. When GX Project first came out it was cd only. In fact I'm surprised it showed up on iTunes because they were so against downloads. I ended up purchasing the new Stryper on itunes mainly out of convienience. Preorder on iTunes and get it the night before its released and crank it in the car on the way to work. So I can kinda see where they want people to purchase the latest cd. It helps counter all the pirating of digital downloads.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Who gets the promos? Radio statkons? So among those get the promo some of that is done
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 am

When I first launched Angelic Warlord in 2006, virtually all the promo material I received was hard copy CD's sent via the mail.  Later, however, more and more labels (and independent artists) went the digital download route with their promo material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood Angelic Warlord   Bloodgood Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1