Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SAINT- Any fans here of this band

Go down 
+9
rockerVu2
metaldude
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Fundy
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
rich71
13 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

SAINT- Any fans here of this band Empty
PostSubject: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:48 pm

I only learned of this band up to a year ago. I usually do not hear this bands name mentioned very much. I do not have any of their music. Ive heard some samples. What Ive heard I like. Anybody here have any song/cd recommendations. Are any of their material out of print?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 4:52 pm

If I had to pick any one single band to be my favorite (difficult task) I would pick Saint.  Most of their catalog has been recently reissued or even rerecorded so you can find most of it rather easily.  I think pretty much all of their stuff is fantastic so you can't go wrong with any of it (except for The Perfect Life....don't start with that one it's not really representative of the band at all)

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Great, classic band whose new stuff is as good as their old stuff. I'd start with Hellblade and Time's End to give you ideas of the old and newer.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 11:01 pm

I lost track of Saint after Too Late for Living, which is a good album so my fav of their earlier stuff is Time's End.  The samples I've since heard of their newer stuff is good too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 am

They're one of the few bands that have reunited to become just as good, or maybe even better than they were before.  I love Warriors Of The Son 2004, and also Too Late For Living, and The Mark.  But In The Battle is right up there too.  Oh heck, they're all great.  Even The Perfect Life is good (and that's a mile away from how good it could have been!)

If I had to pick one to show what they're like now, I'd say In The Battle, for that was just an awesome album to come back with.  Maybe The Mark and Hell Blade are better, but In The Battle was just like 'awesome out of nowhere' and for that it and all the band should be commended!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 am

I'd start with the newest "Desperate Night" followed by "In The Battle" as they are probably the two in their most recent albums that are similar in style and lyrical content.  Then, I'd just pick any of the others if you like those two and get whatever you can.  Much of their stuff was out of print, but the band keeps having it repackaged to keep it in print.  You can probably find their whole catalog fairly easily just by visiting www.saintsite.com.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 am

Yeah, SaintSite has them all. They are also working on a new album "Broad Is The Gate" and also a reissue of Warriors Of The Son 04 (which I believe has remixed drums). 

All of theirs are available and i agree they are probably better now then back in the day. Desperate Night, Hell Blade, The Revelation (skip The Mark, it is the same album but more like a demo version), Time's End, it's all good. I liked Crime Scene Earth a lot when it first came out but i don't listen to it much anymore because the others are so much better.

Here they are with their new vocalist.

Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 am

I literally wore out my first copy of Time's End. It was, by far, my favorite album at the time. I still love to listen to Phantom of the Galaxy/Steel Killer. Like the guys said, it's hard to go wrong with Saint. They play that style of metal as well as anyone.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Like don't like all their CDs, but some CDs are cool.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:31 am

I loved Saint since I first bought Time's End.  They're one of the bands that I still haven't seen live.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 am

Two cents (rounded down to 0, because this is Canada and we don't deal with pennies anymore Laughing) of opinion here: Saint aren't what they used to be. They've changed their sound and style a bit. I tend to consider them as two different bands. Neither one is bad, but I prefer their '80s work to their new stuff. Time's End is an absolute favourite and must have (I featured it in my Top 10 of Christian Metal) for its crunchy riffs, crisp production and epic vocals. TLFL falls a little short of Time's End, IMO, not that it's bad. Of the newer work, the production feels sort of rough, and they've tuned down half a step for a few albums (I've a strange personal dislike for downtuning). The songs are usually very good, though. Crime Scene Earth and The Mark/Revelation are both full of great tunes. In The Battle, Hell Blade and Desperate Night have many good songs too, but they don't capture my attention like the others.

Can't wait to hear the new album, although they may be taking it further away from the classic Saint sound. The new song, We Will Fight, has a very modern rock feel to it.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Personally out of all the classic bands I think they have pretty much stayed true to their style. I can still tell it is them. While I love Time's End lately I prefer Desperate Night. I guess I like that "raw" sound.

Of course we can't forget The Perfect Life either, truly one of their finest moments  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Gotsta pick up "Time's End"...easily my favorite Saint record. I like most of their catalog, though I didn't really care for "The Mark" (though I really liked the remix of this album which was called "The Revelation") or "Crime Scene Earth" (either version). Other than those two, however, I like everything else by this band. "WOS 2004" and "Too Late For Living" are my other favorites.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I think I prefer the original CSE over 2.0 for some reason. But I rarely listen to that one any more. A decent album, I need to pull it out. Judas In Me is a killer song and I prefer the one with Rich on vocals (for that particular song). And Half A Times Measure rocks like no one's business! I think I have hearing loss due to cranking that song so loud!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
....., though I didn't really care for "The Mark" (though I really liked the remix of this album which was called "The Revelation") ....

I completely agree, remixing that album brought new life to IMO...I won't even listen to The Mark anymore.

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:41 pm

I'd start with their third album Too Late For Living then I'd get Desparite Night and then work your way backwards
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Mac wrote:
I'd start with their third second album Too Late For Living Times End then I'd get Desperate Night and then work your way backwards

There, fixed it for ya!  Laughing

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:31 pm

The only access I have to the internet is my phone. I have a entry level no bells and whistles smartphone. I cannot access saintsite it wont load and Amazon has a new mp3 purchasing and download setup where it goes to a cloud then you can download from the cloud to your computer. I dont want whole albums just a couple tracks. My phone will not run the amazonmp3 app or the cloud app...Any suggestions
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:03 am

Hmm.... At least go to Amazon and listen to Samples, can your phone do that? I have a similiar type phone. My phone is a "touchscreen" but is not a smart phone. I can't download any apps at all and have just a basic browser on it (it is the $30 plan from Straight Talk, all the Smart Phone plans are $45 and I'm a tightwad). 

I wonder if you could take a thumb drive to the Library and access Amazon there? If you can do that you can save anything you download to a thumb drive. I assume you have a computer at home just no internet access? 

Or try CDBaby, while they don't have everything, they have some.

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Saint1 maybe that will work on your phone.

By the way, here is my cheap-o phone:

SAINT- Any fans here of this band Phone

People text me links all the time and I can't access them. Also, text messages are limited to 160 characters, I hate that... Anyway, didn't mean to turn the Saint thread into a cell phone thread!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:09 am

Staybrite wrote:
Mac wrote:
I'd start with their third second album Too Late For Living Times End then I'd get Desperate Night and then work your way backwards

There, fixed it for ya!  Laughing

You Rock
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:14 am

rich71 wrote:
The only access I have to the internet is my phone. I have a entry level no bells and whistles smartphone. I cannot access saintsite it wont load and Amazon has a new mp3 purchasing and download setup where it goes to a cloud then you can download from the cloud to your computer. I dont want whole albums just a couple tracks. My phone will not run the amazonmp3 app or the cloud app...Any suggestions

Get a new phone  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:46 pm

I recently broke my laoptops screen so I cant use that temporarily. Cant bring a flash/thumb drive to the library to do it because the way it looks amazon is making people download the mp3 software and their cloud player software. Cant do that because of download restrictions that are setup on their computers. I want to be able to buy the tracks but cant.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:51 pm

I'm really hoping the new album doesn't go too modern.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I'm really hoping the new album doesn't go too modern.

Agreed, a little would be ok but I still want them to retain that classic Saint sound. If they go too modern I feel like they will lose their identity.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:29 pm

We Will Fight sounds like Saint to me. Of course the vocalist is different now but he fits in well.... Also, I remember many months ago Rich had said Josh was coming back to the area and while he was there they were going to work on some stuff, mostly videos for Desperate Night stuff. Don't know if anything ever happened with that or not or if he is involved at all with the new material. Josh has kinda dropped off the Earth. His website hasn't been updated since around 2009.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAINT- Any fans here of this band   SAINT- Any fans here of this band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAINT- Any fans here of this band
Page 1 of 1