Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living

Go down 
+7
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
bassdude
Mac
metaldude
Xid
Staybrite
11 posters

Pick Your Favorite
Too Late For Living
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap31% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Star Pilot
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap38% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
Accuser
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap0% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Rock
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap0% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
On The Street
 0% [ 0 ]
The Return
 0% [ 0 ]
The Path
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap6% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Through The Sky
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap19% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
The War Is Over
 Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_lcap6% Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23454
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 pm

I am about a month behind on these (but hey, it just prolongs the goodness right?)

Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living Toolate_zpsa94dee28
Completing a trilogy of what would be consider the classic Saint catalog, the band issues it’s third album in 1988.  It battles with many fans as the favorite “classic” album (typically competing with Times End).  And I can definitely see why, the band was firing on all cylinders with this album.  The title track, Star Pilot, Through The Sky and The Way are all fantastic songs IMO.  This album would see John Mahan replaced on guitar by Dee Harrington who does an excellent job.  If forced to pick a single song I would have to go with Star Pilot.  I will confess that the song "The Path" kind of creeps me out a little.

The album has been rereleased several times, most recently in 2011 as part of Retroactive Records “The Originals” series.  The song “Too Late For Living” was covered on the Treasure Seek album “Tribute To The Past”.

I can't find a decent vid of Star Pilot so here is the equally fantastic "Through The Sky"

Here is the cover of "Too Late For Living" by Treasure Seeker

Xid

Number of posts : 5522
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:38 pm

After a bit of deliberating I went with Through the Sky.  Hard to pick a single when the whole album is great.

I've been listening to Warriors of the Son, Time's End and Too Late for Living in order about twice a day for the past week.  I finally got Warriors & Time's End in digital format.  I've really missed hearing these.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Xid wrote:
After a bit of deliberating I went with Through the Sky.  Hard to pick a single when the whole album is great.

I totally agree.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 pm

While I would give Time's End the nod as best Saint album, Too Late... is also a classic in Christian metal, in my opinion. The title track has a great hook, but I still have to vote Through The Sky as my favorite. I like the drum lines. They're a lot of fun to play.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 pm

I went with Star Pilot. Real catchy metal tune. When I first heard their previous album Times End it really creeped me out. But then Too Late came out and I took to it because it just seemed real accessible
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Star Pilot gets my vote....but it's kind of arbitrary 'cause I really like the album as a whole.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 am

I went with the title track.  I did not get into Saint at first.  These first two albums don't get played as much as their newer releases do.  To be honest, only the first two songs from this do I actually remember anything about without playing the whole project.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am

This album is not in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Title track but what a stellar album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

This album seems to top the list for most people.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:31 pm

While I like the title track and Star Pilot, The Path to me is just a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:45 pm

I prefer Star Pilot, although I might've gone for The War Is Over.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 am

Staybrite wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

Actually one of my least favorite. It's ok and has some good tracks but I always felt it had too slick of a sound. Always reminded me of Priest's "Turbo".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 3:33 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

Actually one of my least favorite. It's ok and has some good tracks but I always felt it had too slick of a sound. Always reminded me of Priest's "Turbo".

Wow, has to be the first time I have heard that from anyone.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:10 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

Wow, has to be the first time I have heard that from anyone.

Yeah, and when it was reissued a couple of years ago I skipped it because I already have it on "The Collection" and I rarely listen to it so I saw no need for the single CD. It does have some stand out songs but to me it is a weak album compared to "Time's End" and even the "true" follow up "In The Battle".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Too Late For Living
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Welcome SA amongst us. Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Welcome to CHM Savage Amusement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living    Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint Song - Too Late For Living
Page 1 of 1