Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
messiaen77
Samson
ishmael81
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
alldatndensum
metaldude
kerrick
Xid
xenonlion
Driven
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 3:40 am

Let's hope that Savage Amusement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 1:18 pm

As some of you know I hav been going to counseling for a couple of months and one thing the counselor said that has really stuck with me is "the first step in moving forward is realizing and accepting the truth...even if its a crappy truth"... I believe this but man is it depressing on some issues... As I have been thinking about some things today I find myself a little depressed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:02 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
As some of you know I hav been going to counseling for a couple of months and one thing the counselor said that has really stuck with me is "the first step in moving forward is realizing and accepting the truth...even if its a crappy truth"... I believe this but man is it depressing on some issues... As I have been thinking about some things today I find myself a little depressed Crying or Very sad

The few counseling sessions that I had the counselor said something very similar.  She also encouraged me to start by working on one thing (not try to fix all my problems at once).

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Mrs Staybrite will not allow me to sell her oxycodone.  She used it last night and was able to get a good nights rest.  The doctor said it can take as much as 8 weeks for her rib to heal.

How's she doing? I've been praying for both of you!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 12:47 pm

You never really know how much stuff you have until you have to move it Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:33 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Mrs Staybrite will not allow me to sell her oxycodone.  She used it last night and was able to get a good nights rest.  The doctor said it can take as much as 8 weeks for her rib to heal.

Her pain meds work pretty well but they make her a bit loopy.  She has refused to take any time off from work and can't use the meds when she has to drive...so it has made her a bit cranky.  She has a high threshold for pain, but I can tell she is hurting.  I've never had a broken rib, but just looking at her I can tell it's something I don't want to try.  How about you, how are you managing your rib issues?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Been watching your progress on facebook.  I don't envy you the move, I can't stand moving myself.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Her pain meds work pretty well but they make her a bit loopy.  She has refused to take any time off from work and can't use the meds when she has to drive...so it has made her a bit cranky.  She has a high threshold for pain, but I can tell she is hurting.  I've never had a broken rib, but just looking at her I can tell it's something I don't want to try.  How about you, how are you managing your rib issues?

I was fortunate I think. If mine was indeed cracked as I guessed, it was minor.  It still aches quite a bit ... advil is my new favorite candy! Smile  But I can lay down now if I want, and if I'm careful I can do most things as normal as long as I don't overdo it.  I think if I had been in as much pain as you say she has been, indicating a definite crack or even full break, I'd probably have spent the $$ to go to the doctor and get some more serious pain meds. A guy at church told me he used to box and once had three broken ribs ... I can't imagine it!

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

I often threaten to have an "everything must go" sale ... just open your door and set up a box for donations.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 4:14 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I was fortunate I think. If mine was indeed cracked as I guessed, it was minor.  It still aches quite a bit ... advil is my new favorite candy! Smile  But I can lay down now if I want, and if I'm careful I can do most things as normal as long as I don't overdo it.  I think if I had been in as much pain as you say she has been, indicating a definite crack or even full break, I'd probably have spent the $$ to go to the doctor and get some more serious pain meds. I guy at church told me he used to box and once had three broken ribs ... I can't imagine it!

Glad to hear you are doing a bit better.  Thumbs Up

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 pm

What a weekend that was. I went up north to the Saguenay area with my school this weekend. Some punks broke into our bus (fortunately nothing beyond food was missing) and busted a window (on the back door) to do so. Thankfully, a guy from the church fixed it by putting a panel of aluminium on the hole. Even better, the school has another bus that's practically identical (except for the transmission), and this second bus isn't on the road right now, so we may be able to just swap the doors and have that taken care of! Oh, and the bus overheated while climbing some hills on the way back.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Wow, quite the weekend indeed!  Ugh sometimes I just do not understand how people can be so lame to do something like that...  I'm glad everything worked out alright in the end though.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Lost a legend today.

RIP Ben E. King.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/entertainment/ben-e-king-singer-obit-feat/index.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:34 pm

BearDad wrote:
Lost a legend today.

RIP Ben E. King.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/entertainment/ben-e-king-singer-obit-feat/index.html

He was only 76, thought for sure he would have been older than that.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:09 pm

My dad is in his mid 70's. Kind-of puts it in perspective.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:21 am

This is mind-bending.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:52 am

Driven wrote:

This is mind-bending.

Pretty good until they start singing, then it sounds like gibberish. Understandable gibberish, but gibberish none-the-less
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Turns out I'm allowed to apply for a 15-passenger van license, except that I'd first have to go home to obtain it, and find someone with a 15-passenger van, and do a medical, and learn how to inspect, drive, and park it. Not likely to happen in the next two weeks, which is when I would need the license. Oh, and I'd have to spend $100 for the license, but hey, I'd be able to drive a 15-pass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 29 11182354_1245979448764839_6693665631334707133_n
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:34 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Driven wrote:
What a weekend that was. I went up north to the Saguenay area with my school this weekend. Some punks broke into our bus (fortunately nothing beyond food was missing) and busted a window (on the back door) to do so. Thankfully, a guy from the church fixed it by putting a panel of aluminium on the hole. Even better, the school has another bus that's practically identical (except for the transmission), and this second bus isn't on the road right now, so we may be able to just swap the doors and have that taken care of! Oh, and the bus overheated while climbing some hills on the way back.

I have been to Saguenay and found it to be a lovely town. But I became lost when I went to stores and no one, not a single person understood English. It was an awesome trip, sometime I will dig and find my old pictures from then and share. Beautiful town.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Random Ramblings - Page 29 11182354_1245979448764839_6693665631334707133_n

Oh man that is hilarious!

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 1:45 pm

you know whats sad..I still know people with those tvs and vcrs that they watch everyday...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 2:32 pm

We still have a VCR but it gets almost zero use.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
We still have a VCR but it gets almost zero use.

My wife bought a new VCR last year, and she keeps buying VHS tapes at the thrift stores.  Her excuse "25 cents is cheaper than renting them." Yes, dear, but now we have more JUNK! [- pulling my hair out -]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next