Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why I Love Mike Huckabee

Go down 
+4
ishmael81
alldatndensum
Samson
BearDad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Why I Love Mike Huckabee Empty
PostSubject: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:57 am

And why he'll probably never be president

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/01/politics/huckabee-gay-marriage/index.html

Best line:  "We're so sensitive to make sure we don't offend certain religions, but then we act like Christians can't have the convictions that they've had for 2,000 years."
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I told everyone on facebook that if Huck gets the Republican nomination for prez, I will register to vote, and I will vote for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 pm

I am not a fan and would never vote this guy...I am a registered independent and a hardcore constitutionalists ...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:21 am

Personally, while Huck makes some good statements, you have to look at his track record.  Taxes soared in Arkansas while he was governor.  Gov't. spending went through the roof as well.  What do I expect when he hits the Oval Office?  More of the same.  To me, he is a moderate that makes him more in line with Democrat ways than being a true conservative like I would want. 

I voted Independant last time.  I probably will again.  I just don't trust much of anyone who rises to the top of either major party.  By the time you get to a federal office, most are so corrupt already that you don't want them there.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:31 am

In truth while I really like Huckabee, I don't think I would want him to be president. First of all, I don't like what it would do to him. And secondly, I don't think a Christian can run this country, not in today's world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 am

Quote :
I don't think a Christian can run this country, not in today's world.

while it might depend on his theological view Why I Love Mike Huckabee Icon_lol a christian could run the country as long as he is willing to follow the constitution...which is not a christian document but a document offering equal rights to all people regardless of religion or sexual orientation...the catch is the idea of states rights has really been abolished...states have the right to do whatever the federal government tells them to do...And the states that dont get punished..living here in Oklahoma I see the feds punish our state constantly...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm

The only reason why states rights have been abolished is because we let the feds take that right.  If several states stood together and told them to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine, then they will take notice.  Would it spark another war?  Possibly.  However, that might be just what this nation needs to get it back on track.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:26 pm

I am convinced that we will have another civil war within the next 100 years. Not if, but when. Folks are gonna get fed up and one day, they will snap.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:23 am

With some of the book/movie series, I think that Hollywood is trying to prep us for it.  The Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Divergent, the Atlas Shrugged triology, even the latest Star Wars trilogy, etc. all show us heading for a totalitarian government.  Of course, they tell the story so that the underdog wins because that sells tickets.  However, I cannot imagine that they intend for us to realize that resistance is NOT futile.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 am

Not to be a naysayer, but if the Bible is to be believed, if a civil war happens or Mike Huckabee takes office, it's because God wanted it to happen. Romans 11 (or is it 13? I'd have to check) says that we are to obey authorities because God put them in place.

This is part of why I don't vote or even really care about politics. I know a lot of people react to that in a negative way and say it's my "Christian duty" to vote but really it's more about the country I'm from than my faith in regards to my voting practices.

And don't get me started on patriotism...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Samson wrote:
I am convinced that we will have another civil war within the next 100 years. Not if, but when. Folks are gonna get fed up and one day, they will snap.

I was ready to take up arms against the government this weekend while I was trying to file my taxes.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:18 am

ishmael81 wrote:
This is part of why I don't vote or even really care about politics. I know a lot of people react to that in a negative way and say it's my "Christian duty" to vote but really it's more about the country I'm from than my faith in regards to my voting practices.

Sounds like someone has confused Americanism with Christianity.  I don't remember reading anywhere in the bible where we are required to participate in politics.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 pm

The Constitution nowhere guarantees so called sexual equal rights other then the right of every person to marry someone of the opposite gender, it's a modern fallacy to think the founders thought of sex like we do in the modern day. The same signers of the constitution also signed into law sodomy laws. There's no way anyone with a true constitutional view can get elected, we have handed over our rights that it was trying to guarantee in exchange for government control.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Sounds like someone has confused Americanism with Christianity.  I don't remember reading anywhere in the bible where we are required to participate in politics.

Pretty much. I have some friends who are veterans - and I completely appreciate their service and respect their sacrifice - but they don't understand my anti-patriotism stance. I think it's idol worship.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
The Constitution nowhere guarantees so called sexual equal rights other then the right of every person to marry someone of the opposite gender, it's a modern fallacy to think the founders thought of sex like we do in the modern day. The same signers of the constitution also signed into law sodomy laws. There's no way anyone with a true constitutional view can get elected, we have handed over our rights that it was trying to guarantee in exchange for government control.

If I recall, the Constitution never mentions marriage - not even once. It also never says it's illegal to rob a bank or murder someone. The Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) are often cited by anti-gay marriage folks as well but their purpose was actually to limit government involvement in citizens' personal lives.

Granted I could be mistaken - it's been about 6 years since I read through it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Actually the supreme court ruled that the Defense of marriage act passed at the federal level was unconstitutional and ruled that gay marriage is legal according to federal law...later this summer the supreme court will put this issue to rest when they will (no doubt) rule that states cannot create laws defining marriage or banning gay marriage.. By Aug of 2015 Gay marriage will be the law of the land in all 50 states... Personally I have no problem with this..

here is the proof...

http://www.ogletreedeakins.com/publications/2013-06-26/us-supreme-court-rules-federal-law-defining-%E2%80%9Cmarriage%E2%80%9D-unconstitutional
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Quote :

while many here would agree with you staybrite a huge number of Christians across multiple denominations and theology's would strongly disagree...i have heard many pastors both in person and on tv preach that God expects Christians to vote and we are stuck with Obama because Christians disobeyed God and didn't vote...  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :

while many here would agree with you staybrite a huge number of Christians across multiple denominations and theology's would strongly disagree...i have heard many pastors both in person and on tv preach that God expects Christians to vote and we are stuck with Obama because Christians disobeyed God and didn't vote...  Evil or Very Mad

Well I think we certainly deserve Obama, but certainly not because God sent him here as some form of punishment.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:45 pm

I know what the modern supreme court is ruling, I also know that there's no way the founders thought they'd were legalizing homosexual marriage. Homosexual marriage is not a civil right it's a special right and is opening the door to all kinds of deviant sexual behavior as we see in the move to start dropping the age of consent and recognizing that pedophilia might have positives. If thetr are no laws governing marriage then you can't tell 50 year old Uncle Tom he can't marry 15 year old niece Sally as well as some third party in there too. Marriage as God defines it is for the good of us as private citizens as well as for a nation, don't have to look to hard to see that stepping out from it hurts. All this shows is our culture is in absolute rebellion against God's laws as we see in Romans 1.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Preach it, RF!  I agree wholeheartedly!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Well RF...i promised alldat I would not start any arguments so I am not going to argue these points any further...but I will respectfully say I completely disagree with every comment you posted...i do not see The Bible, constitution or the idea of the forfathers as you do..
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 12:16 am

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I know what the modern supreme court is ruling, I also know that there's no way the founders thought they'd were legalizing homosexual marriage. Homosexual marriage is not a civil right it's a special right and is opening the door to all kinds of deviant sexual behavior as we see in the move to start dropping the age of consent and recognizing that pedophilia might have positives. If thetr are no laws governing marriage then you can't tell 50 year old Uncle Tom he can't marry 15 year old niece Sally as well as some third party in there too. Marriage as God defines it is for the good of us as private citizens as well as for a nation, don't have to look to hard to see that stepping out from it hurts. All this shows is our culture is in absolute rebellion against God's laws as we see in Romans 1.

I'm sure my homosexual friends who just got married would be offended to know that their marriage will lead to pedophilia (which happens despite the law), bestiality and other "deviant" behavior.

Did you know the word that Paul uses in Romans 1 is a word Paul made up? It was originally arsenokoites- which in 1946 , we began translating as homosexual, instead of one of its historical translations of either: male prostitute, shrine prostitute, pederast, or rapist. And if we use the Levitical laws, we tread on thin ice, I think. The laws in Leviticus also cautioned against eating pork (Leviticus 11:7-Cool, eating fat (Leviticus 3:17), trimming one’s sideburns, and not coming into contact with a menstruating woman. I trim my sideburns regularly. Am I sinning as bad as a homosexual?

I guess my overall point is that we (as "Evangelicals", a title I'm trying to jettison from myself) get so focused on the sin that we forget the people. Jesus never commented on homosexuality. He loved people and encouraged them to follow him and seek the Father. Maybe we should do the same?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 am

ishmael81 wrote:
I guess my overall point is that we (as "Evangelicals", a title I'm trying to jettison from myself) get so focused on the sin that we forget the people. Jesus never commented on homosexuality. He loved people and encouraged them to follow him and seek the Father. Maybe we should do the same?

That's fine but show me just one place where Jesus said it was OK to keep willfully sinning. Yeah, I couldn't find it either. I have no problem with "loving the person but hating the sin" (just as Jesus did). I do prison ministry and could care less what the men did to get there.

Nevertheless, I don't believe RF was saying that homosexuals would be party to that other "deviant" behavior, just that we may as well legalize everything. I see it the same way. Homosexual marriage is just the first step. That said, from a legal standpoint, I don't see much that can prevent it even though from a Christian standpoint I see it as violating God's natural laws. That's why I figure bestiality, incest, etc. will follow suit eventually.

BTW, I do have a dog in this particular fight, too. Our oldest is gay and somewhat an activist. I don't agree with him at all and won't support anything that has to do with that aspect of his life, of course, but I still love him like his brothers and pray one day he'll decide to come back to following God instead of himself. He admitted that he knew it was "wrong".

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:29 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

I'm sure my homosexual friends who just got married would be offended to know that their marriage will lead to pedophilia (which happens despite the law), bestiality and other "deviant" behavior.

Don't take everything so literally. RF is not saying allowing homosexual marriage will lead to "other deviant behavior", but to the acceptance of it.  It wasn't too long ago smoking marijuana was completely illegal and considered unacceptable, but then it became OK to do so for medicinal purposes, and now it's legal for recreational purposes in four states and Washington DC. This is the way the enemy works: he gets us to agree to take a bite and before we know it we've eaten the whole apple, or had it shoved down your throat!

Accepting homosexuals for who they are is one thing, but being forced by the government to accept their lifestyle as "normal" is another.

Last edited by BearDad on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:04 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

That's fine but show me just one place where Jesus said it was OK to keep willfully sinning. Yeah, I couldn't find it either. I have no problem with "loving the person but hating the sin" (just as Jesus did). I do prison ministry and could care less what the men did to get there.

Nevertheless, I don't believe RF was saying that homosexuals would be party to that other "deviant" behavior, just that we may as well legalize everything. I see it the same way. Homosexual marriage is just the first step. That said, from a legal standpoint, I don't see much that can prevent it even though from a Christian standpoint I see it as violating God's natural laws. That's why I figure bestiality, incest, etc. will follow suit eventually.

BTW, I do have a dog in this particular fight, too. Our oldest is gay and somewhat an activist. I don't agree with him at all and won't support anything that has to do with that aspect of his life, of course, but I still love him like his brothers and pray one day he'll decide to come back to following God instead of himself. He admitted that he knew it was "wrong".

Even thought I didn't come right out and say it, in my middle paragraph I alluded to the fact that I'm not entirely sure homosexuality is a sin. The "evidence" is too small and not very convincing to me anymore. Therefore, your first sentence is not really a convincing argument to me.

That being said, my point wasn't that homosexuals would partake of the behavior - I could have been clearer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I Love Mike Huckabee   Why I Love Mike Huckabee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I Love Mike Huckabee
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next