Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:29 am

That is making plastic film.  Toilet paper is made differently.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 8:36 am

My son is defending his thesis today.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:40 am

Ugghh, must... go... to... work....

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Well, you don't actually HAVE to go to work.  But if you'd like to have a roof over your head, then you'd probably want to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 3:28 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
My son is defending his thesis today.

Who accused it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Well, you don't actually HAVE to go to work.  But if you'd like to have a roof over your head, then you'd probably want to go Very Happy

And there lies the problem...I would also like to eat, have electricity, be able to bath...and keep my car. 
Laughing

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Face the heat, dare to beat the system!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 9:06 am

Garbage in, garbage out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 10:59 am

I always found that saying to be weird. People tell me I shouldn't listen to secular music or watch certain movies because "Garbage in, garbage out."

But wait, isn't the Holy Spirit dwelling in me? Don't I have a relationship with Jesus? If we give Jesus our garbage, he doesn't give garbage back does he?

Okay, off my soapbox.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 10:59 am

And Xid - that wasn't directed at you specifically. Please don't take it as such...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 12:23 pm

It is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean… but what comes out is often what comes in…
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
And Xid - that wasn't directed at you specifically. Please don't take it as such...
No worries.  I was just quoting the lyrics to Computer Brains in response to Driven's post.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 6:27 am

I began the first step in restoring a broken mandolin that was given to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:06 am

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:10 am

Get to travel to our facility out in Midland, Texas next week . . . woohoo  Neutral
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 10:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 8 Kitchen+Mandolin+Slicer

My wife has this model mandolin.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 4:44 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

What, pray tell, is that?  I was referring to a musical instrument.  That looks like a piece off your washing machine.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 10:07 am

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

What, pray tell, is that?  I was referring to a musical instrument.  That looks like a piece off your washing machine.

Lol. It slices food. You use the top thing and run the food (tomato, pepper, potato, etc) and it slices it. 

When she first told me she bought it, I thought she meant the instrument too. I got all excited and was like "Wow! You can play that and I play acoustic and we can play bluegrass stuff!" She laughed and then told me it wasn't that kind of mandolin.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 11:29 am

ishmael81 wrote:
When she first told me she bought it, I thought she meant the instrument too. I got all excited and was like "Wow! You can play that and I play acoustic and we can play bluegrass stuff!" She laughed and then told me it wasn't that kind of mandolin.
Now that's funny stuff!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Ishmael, that's the mandoline I have too.
This mandoline is not good in making music, but good in making very thin slices of veggies.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 8:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I have removed the broken tuners, the tail piece, and the bridge.  The bridge will be reusable.  The tuners had a couple that were broken off.   The tail piece is rusted.  I have new parts and strings ordered.

The neck was split away from the body.  I used a lot of wood glue and a couple of heavy duty clamps to pull the neck back where it should be.  It seems to have worked, but we won't know for sure until the strings are replaced.  Now, I have to decide whether to just clean the body up or sand it smooth and refinish it myself.  Part of me wants to do that, and part of me wants to keep it looking ancient.  Once it is either cleaned or refinished, I can put the replacement parts on and see what she can do.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 11:23 am

It's great you are able to restore the mandolin.
The sound of a mandolin is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Out in Midland, Texas today. Not to bad. But I wouldn't want to live here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Had a rough past few days, but God's taught me a lot of valuable lessons through them. I won't go into detail, but basically the whole question of where one finds one's worth came up last Friday, and I realized I was getting some of my worth from my work, and I've been looking for clarity and peace of mind. Through talks with some of my brothers in Christ, I started to understand that we're allowed to take pleasure and find some fulfillment in our work and our relationships, but by focusing on God first and thanking Him continually for the things we enjoy here below.

There was also the question of my friendship with a certain young lady. For a while I'd been hoping to have a relationship with her, as we're good friends and she has a lot of good qualities, but I felt God telling me to wait on Him for timing in the whole thing. For months, I wondered how and when I would approach the subject, but God kept telling me to wait. Finally, last Friday, something came to my attention and I felt that God was telling me to bring it up soon. On Tuesday, she asked me if I needed to talk, as she could see I'd been having a few emotionally rough days. I felt that this was the proper time, and so after having talked/cried about all my issues (this doesn't happen often), I braced myself and told her how I felt about her. It was one of the most stressful things I've ever done, but by the grace of God, I managed. She told me that she didn't have any particular feelings for me, but that she was thankful that we could be open with each other. OK, so things didn't go the way I wanted, but we're still good friends, my conscience is now cleared, and I'm happy I listened to God on this one. Last time I tried having a relationship with someone particular, I didn't wait at all for God's instruction and screwed up and it was a year before I could speak with that particular girl.

So that's a bit longer than I intended, but in case you were wondering how I've been lately, that's it. Also, I did some fun things this week, like changing the oil on a lawn tractor, and adjusting a door closer so it wouldn't slam anymore, and raking lots of leaves. So I'm happy about that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next