Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 7:53 pm

It's rather chilly around here this evening:

Random Ramblings - Page 9 2015-11-11%2018.37.17
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 7:23 am

I think it is either time to move or time for a new thermometer!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 pm

But it's a dry -196 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
But it's a dry -196 Very Happy
I'd say so as the water in the air would be solid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:01 am

I think that's very chilly isn't it.
We have Celcius here.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:26 am

It's about -124 Celcius.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:04 am

Xid wrote:
It's about -124 Celcius.
When you put it like that it seems almost balmy.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 2:39 am

I like it when people ask about the weather in Montana during the winter.  I tell them it's a balmy 20 degrees.  After they get over their shock they ask how 20 degrees can be "balmy".  I then let them know that when you are at 20 degrees up from -20 degrees that is a 40 degree difference to the warmer side of things.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:57 pm

gigantic Christmas themed craft fairs are no place for someone who is learning to hate large crowds.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
gigantic Christmas themed craft fairs are no place for someone who is learning to hate large crowds.
I think that was one of Dante's rings of Hell.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I never had to learn to hate large crowds; it came as natural as breathing.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 9:11 am

I wouldn't mind going to a craft fair as there is always some cool things you've never seen before for sale.  But, being over 6 ft. tall, taking these miniature baby sized steps with such long legs makes my hips and back hurt.  I think that being tall just gives rude people pushing strollers more of a target to aim for as well.  Being a Christian makes it harder because you don't want to beat the living tar out of someone.  There were a few that I would have liked to "lay hands on", though.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 11:56 am

Here the wind keeps blowing and blowing.
We're having the first fall storm.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 7:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I wouldn't mind going to a craft fair as there is always some cool things you've never seen before for sale.  But, being over 6 ft. tall, taking these miniature baby sized steps with such long legs makes my hips and back hurt.  I think that being tall just gives rude people pushing strollers more of a target to aim for as well.  Being a Christian makes it harder because you don't want to beat the living tar out of someone.  There were a few that I would have liked to "lay hands on", though.

Ha! I can't help but laugh, as I have always felt that the tall people are the rude ones. I would have more money than Bill Gates if I had but a nickle for every time I have had to step aside because someone with the ability to see over my head didn't bother to look down four inches and realize they were about to knock someone down. And at 5'4" I am tall compared to my daughters, neither of which are over 4'10". Being short, we are doubly cursed: if we get knocked down we get hurt and we get accused of being rude for having the audacity to be in someone's path.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 9:10 pm

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Ha! I can't help but laugh, as I have always felt that the tall people are the rude ones. I would have more money than Bill Gates if I had but a nickle for every time I have had to step aside because someone with the ability to see over my head didn't bother to look down four inches and realize they were about to knock someone down. And at 5'4" I am tall compared to my daughters, neither of which are over 4'10". Being short, we are doubly cursed: if we get knocked down we get hurt and we get accused of being rude for having the audacity to be in someone's path.

I have the same problem as BearDad...only 5'-4 3/4" tall (as is my wife).  I've been know to leave my elbow out if tall people try to tread too close to me.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 10:25 pm

I hate being in a circle talking with tall friends (who are in the 6-foot range), as I'm not much more than 5' tall. My driver's license says 5'5", but I need to get that changed (I just guessed when the lady at the DMV asked), as I'm more like 5'1". I haven't really grown since middle school, as I still wear a lot of the shirts I wore then, and they're all size small. Medium is too big on me.

I've been using my van license lately for the school. It's a lot of fun driving a 15-passenger van, because it's both a bus and a car. Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 12:34 am

Driven wrote:
I hate being in a circle talking with tall friends (who are in the 6-foot range), as I'm not much more than 5' tall. 

Something else I have noticed is typical of tall people (not all of them AllDat, so don't take it personal) is that they tend to not have respect for, or at the very least a concept of, personal space.  "Dude, do you really think I want to crank my neck this tight to look up at you, or look into your chest!? Really, back off!"  And I'm not just generalizing, as I work with a lot of tall guys.

But since I mentioned AllDat, let me back up a bit and say I didn't mean to turn this into a tirade against tall people. For what it is worth I agree that the stroller and buggy people are rude as well, thinking that because they have a baby they have some type of right of way that the rest of us are supposed to yield to.

And so, the reason I hate crowds is because it is really hard to act like a Christian when you are getting frustrated with being bounced around and having to weave your way through a crowd, or take short steps that lead you nowhere all while staring at the space between someone else's shoulder blades.

OK, rant complete. Next random thought please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 12:54 am

I was 5'7" for about 20 years and with my spinal disc degeneration and surgeries, I'm shrinking - I now measure at 5'6".... nearly an inch over an 8 year period. Weird
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:03 am

I think people in general are just rude...

I'm almost 6'2" and about 360 pounds. I try to be considerate but gee whiz, there's only so much room sometimes.

I'm more bothered by people looking at their cell phones than where they're going than whether they're tall or short.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:04 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

I'm more bothered by people looking at their cell phones than where they're going than whether they're tall or short.

I agree, very annoying.

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 11:46 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

I'm almost 6'2" and about 360 pounds. I try to be considerate but gee whiz, there's only so much room sometimes.

I know!  I was in the grocery store this afternoon pushing my cart with one hand and texting my wife with the other when this employee just...standing there says "Hello, are you finding everything ok?"  I had to look up from my phone, jerk my cart to the side to keep from hitting the guy who thought "I only need ten things, I don't need no stinkin' cart," to answer her.  Then I had to remember what I was typing and get my thumb back in the right position.  Some people are just sooooo inconsiderate.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:22 am

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I know!  I was in the grocery store this afternoon pushing my cart with one hand and texting my wife with the other when this employee just...standing there says "Hello, are you finding everything ok?"  I had to look up from my phone, jerk my cart to the side to keep from hitting the guy who thought "I only need ten things, I don't need no stinkin' cart," to answer her.  Then I had to remember what I was typing and get my thumb back in the right position.  Some people are just sooooo inconsiderate.

I try to use "speech to text" that way I can look like I am talking to myself when walking around the store.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:11 am

MikeInFla wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I try to use "speech to text" that way I can look like I am talking to myself when walking around the store.

If you want the staff at a store to leave you alone, talk to yourself anyway. It's kinda fun.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:56 am

ishmael81 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

If you want the staff at a store to leave you alone, talk to yourself anyway. It's kinda fun.

Wait, y'all don't already talk to yourselves? scratch
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 am

ishmael81 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I just think if I want the staff at the store to leave me alone I'll go to Walmart.  It's like I have the plague when I go there.  That's what makes this store so unnverving--the staff always greets you, checks to see if you need help finding things, and just generally being friendly.  Two months ago I asked someone at the meat counter if they had a certain kind of ham in the back.  Last week, he came up to me in the produce section and told me that he had stocked those hams earlier that day so there should be some if I needed one.  This isn't a "mom and pop" neighborhood grocery store.  It is a subsidiary of Kroger.  This city is definitely not the friendliest place in the world either.  "Hoosier hospitality" my ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next