Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 7:28 am

My current 3 guitars I am making are driving me crazy!  They just don't seem to want to go together the way I planned!  If they ever do, they will be amazing.  Right now, they are just pain in the butt!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 11:50 am

Got to start getting ready to move again.  Ah, what fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Finally found a vocalist for Joshua's Creed.  My friend Darren (we worked together in Judah) has come on board for vocals.  If our schedule holds we're looking at an April/May 2016 release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Exciting news!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:36 pm

That's awesome, Xid.

Where are you moving to, Through The Dark Radio?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 5:15 pm

What's going on with the guitars you are working at right now?

That's cool Xid.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Looking forward to a weekend off. May go on a short road trip, depending on the weather and if anyone wants to come.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Driven wrote:
Looking forward to a weekend off. May go on a short road trip, depending on the weather and if anyone wants to come.

If I went with you it would have to be a very long road trip. lol!

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Depends, can you make it here quickly? http://www.easterntownships.org/hikingTrails/134/mont-pinacle

My mom sent me a pic of her mom (my grandma) at this very place, a pic from quite some time ago. Pretty spot.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 7:51 am

Quote :
What's going on with the guitars you are working at right now?

Well, to be honest, they are driving me absolutely crazy!  It seems like every time I touch them that something goes wrong!  I am SO close to finishing, but I just cannot seem to do so without another set back each time.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 7:55 am

Maybe you need a break for the weekend?
Put them away for some days.
Then you get a fresh look to see what's going on and finish the guitars.
Go caching for some hours if it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 4:59 pm

So today I crushed a car with a backhoe. I love my job.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Nice!  What kind of car?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Early '00s Honda Civic coupé. One of the guys on staff at my school bought it for parts, because it wasn't roadworthy anymore but some of the parts were pristine, and left it on the property. After a few months of asking him to take care of it, he simply moved it to the scrap heap at the edge of the property, which isn't a problem because he's in charge of scrap anyway.

So anyway, this guy was putting chains on the backhoe's wheels to make it usable in winter, and he needed me to operate it so he could get the chains on. After he finished, he told me to lower it down (he'd propped it up with the bucket and extenders) and back it out of the garage, then back over to his car… I had a fun few minutes of smashing the thing with the back bucket, and simultaneously learning the controls. It's actually really fun! Razz
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 9:04 am

Driven wrote:
Early '00s Honda Civic coupé. One of the guys on staff at my school bought it for parts, because it wasn't roadworthy anymore but some of the parts were pristine, and left it on the property. After a few months of asking him to take care of it, he simply moved it to the scrap heap at the edge of the property, which isn't a problem because he's in charge of scrap anyway.

So anyway, this guy was putting chains on the backhoe's wheels to make it usable in winter, and he needed me to operate it so he could get the chains on. After he finished, he told me to lower it down (he'd propped it up with the bucket and extenders) and back it out of the garage, then back over to his car… I had a fun few minutes of smashing the thing with the back bucket, and simultaneously learning the controls. It's actually really fun! Razz

Controlled destruction can be very therapeutic. Smile
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 8:32 pm

I cleaned all the piles off my desk.  Now it freaks me out to sit at my computer to work.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Driven wrote:

Did you make sure there weren't any bodies in the car before you crushed it?  Razz
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:58 am

Samson wrote:
Driven wrote:

Did you make sure there weren't any bodies in the car before you crushed it?  Razz

Hmm, now that you mention it, I kind of should've checked. A guy came and picked up the car yesterday to bring it to the scrap yard, so it's not my concern anymore. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:38 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I cleaned all the piles off my desk.  Now it freaks me out to sit at my computer to work.

My wife cleaned up my desk (in my home office) while I was away a few weeks ago.  It was kind of freaky.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Speaking of "crushing"... one of the guys who comes to our Bible study came over last Thursday to drop off some snacks for Saturday's study. As he's leaving, I hear a crunch !  Now, if you knew this guy, you'd understand why my first reaction was "NOW WHAT ??"....
I go out there and find he's accidentally backed over my mailbox. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Mind you, when I originally put it in I used a 4X4 and buried it 3 feet deep in 2 bags of cement (cuz we have pranksters in our area that play mailbox baseball, so I built it strong and used a super sturdy metal box) 

He said he didn't see it and isn't sure how he did it... but he managed to back over it, snap the 4X4 like a toothpick, then proceed to drive over the whole box with the back tire.
I had to use a floor jack to bend it back into shape !

Luckily the spring loaded flag mechanism I made wasn't damaged. Once I pounded it all back to shape, it still works. (when the mailman opens the door, a spring loaded flag shoots up telling me my mail's here)  Very Happy

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Mailbo10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:41 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Never trust anyone with a clean desk  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Uh oh.  I'm feeling a Journey binge coming on. I am FO SHO going to this one!

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/journey-doobie-brothers-to-perform-in-sioux-falls/?id=187745

I'll probably splurge on a good seat too. I'm not much for being on the floor; I don't care much for front row (not since I was 18!), and if people stand up I usually can't see over them. So I'll likely shoot for the front row of the first section that raises up; I just need to decide on left, right, or middle. The sides are closer but not head on, while the middle is head on but further away. Decisions, decisions.

Random Ramblings - Page 10 68747
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Never trust anyone with a clean desk  Evil or Very Mad

Reminds me of this scene from the Office:

Michael: They say a cluttered desk means a cluttered mind. I say an empty desk means an...
Dwight: Empty mind.
Michael: I was not going to say that.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:33 pm

BearDad wrote:
Uh oh.  I'm feeling a Journey binge coming on. I am FO SHO going to this one!

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/journey-doobie-brothers-to-perform-in-sioux-falls/?id=187745

I'll probably splurge on a good seat too. I'm not much for being on the floor; I don't care much for front row (not since I was 18!), and if people stand up I usually can't see over them. So I'll likely shoot for the front row of the first section that raises up; I just need to decide on left, right, or middle. The sides are closer but not head on, while the middle is head on but further away. Decisions, decisions.

Random Ramblings - Page 10 68747

Don't stop believin' BearDad - when the lights go out in the city, ask the lonely "who's cryin' now?" and they'll tell you "any way you want it, be good to yourself" and then you can go your separate ways...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next