Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:25 am

I am looking into buying an electric branding iron to burn my hand drawn logo onto my guitars I build.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am looking into buying an electric branding iron to burn my hand drawn logo onto my guitars I build.

And on small children that wander too closely  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:45 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

And on small children that wander too closely  Very Happy

Maybe mark the wife so other guys will know to keep their hands off.  Shocked
(I'm sure Mrs Alldat would be fine with that) Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:33 am

I just use a cattle prod for her!  lol! 

Transferring files from my Korg recorder to CD-R to take to another studio is a LONG tedious process.  However, it will inspire me to join the computer recording age and be able to do better with recording and mixing.  I am enlisting the help of a studio in Nashville for mixing so that I can expedite the release of the blues album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 2:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
....  I am enlisting the help of a studio in Nashville for mixing so that I can expedite the release of the blues album.

Great news!

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:

At first, I was about to freak out because I saw "to burn my hand." Then, I read the rest of what you were saying. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:37 pm

It's been a bit. I was in the North of Québec these past two weeks. It was awesome. Those who are Facebook friends with me saw me kicking down a fence with considerable ease. There was no cell signal up there, so I took advantage of the absence of telecommunication and I sent my cellphone to Apple under a defective battery replacement program… and now Apple has sent me a new iPhone 5 for free! Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Ooooo a rare Driven sighting. Laughing Glad to have you back, and it's great to hear about your break from "the grid" and the free phone upgrade (serious bonus).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 6:24 am

That's what I was thinking!  Nice upgrade!

I think it would be cool to be off the grid for a few weeks.  As long as I am around the house, it won't happen.  With cell phones and a desktop and a laptop and two tablets in the house, we are technology addicts like most of the country.  If I go to church camp with the children, I will be without service there.  That's my break from tech right there.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:25 pm

I dropped all of my songs off at Blue Tape Studios today.  Mixing is underway!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Go, Speed Racer, Go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Xid wrote:
Go, Speed Racer, Go!

The cartoon wasn't all that great.  The movie was even worse!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 8:47 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:
Go, Speed Racer, Go!

Don't you like Chim Chim?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 9:14 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:
Go, Speed Racer, Go!
Of course it wasn't great.  People did impossible things in cars, the Mach 5 made the same sound when driving by, taking off from a complete stop and coming to a stop.  Not to mention their mouths didn't move right.

I didn't bother with the  movie.

Racer X reminds me of my brother, Rex!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 11:44 am

Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:
Go, Speed Racer, Go!
Of course it wasn't great.  People did impossible things in cars, the Mach 5 made the same sound when driving by, taking off from a complete stop and coming to a stop.  Not to mention their mouths didn't move right.

I didn't bother with the  movie.

Racer X reminds me of my brother, Rex!

Think this must apply to everyone in Speed Racer's world  Very Happy

Random Ramblings - Page 30 Master+of+disguise+batman+is+master+of+disguise_2f0031_5404460
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 11:51 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 8:37 pm

I feel detached from Jesus. Not because of sin in my life or anything like that. I've been battling a lot of demons for years, and I finally dug deep into the trenches as I'm fighting one of my biggest problems (please don't ask what it is, I'm ashamed to say). It's just ironic that I feel more disconnected while dealing with this than I did when I was living in sin.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Samson wrote:
I feel detached from Jesus. Not because of sin in my life or anything like that. I've been battling a lot of demons for years, and I finally dug deep into the trenches as I'm fighting one of my biggest problems (please don't ask what it is, I'm ashamed to say). It's just ironic that I feel more disconnected while dealing with this than I did when I was living in sin.
Our enemy will entice us and then when we take the fruit, turn around and accuse.  Our conscience lets us know when we're in the wrong.  The Holy Spirit lets us know when we're out of line.  Our Father doesn't shame us when we confess and repent.  Only our enemy uses shame as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Praying for you Samson. I also feel detached. In a nutshell, I'm angry inside due to my pain and circumstances... I know, "whiner"... but I've gotten to a point where my mouth has become a cesspool (I've always struggled with cussing, my dad raised us around very foul language), but I've digressed to the point of saying GD on occasion, and even saying Jesus in an angry way - I never even said those things when I wasn't a believer... so, I know He forgives, but I cannot repent no matter how sincere my heart wants to.
I often feel I'm either in a huge backslidden state (or whatever it's called these days), or I was never sealed in His Spirit in the first place - Which I'm having a hard time believing. But my fruits stink... they're rotten. And though I've tried many attempts over the last couple years of this decline, I just cannot seem to return to my first Love.
Nothing brings me contentment, happiness, joy... nothing. I'm full of bitterness and anger, but have a knack for pretending well before others.
Really sucks being in this place.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Praying for you Samson. I also feel detached. In a nutshell, I'm angry inside due to my pain and circumstances... I know, "whiner"... but I've gotten to a point where my mouth has become a cesspool (I've always struggled with cussing, my dad raised us around very foul language), but I've digressed to the point of saying GD on occasion, and even saying Jesus in an angry way - I never even said those things when I wasn't a believer... so, I know He forgives, but I cannot repent no matter how sincere my heart wants to.
I often feel I'm either in a huge backslidden state (or whatever it's called these days), or I was never sealed in His Spirit in the first place - Which I'm having a hard time believing. But my fruits stink... they're rotten. And though I've tried many attempts over the last couple years of this decline, I just cannot seem to return to my first Love.
Nothing brings me contentment, happiness, joy... nothing. I'm full of bitterness and anger, but have a knack for pretending well before others.
Really sucks being in this place.

I know this is the time that people always quote Scripture (usually a bit out of context) or say some trite encouraging thing, so I'll try not to do that.

I've found that when I feel furthest from God, the slightest turn back to Him results in realizing I'm way closer than I realized.

I've been there too (recently, like in the last few weeks). Our whole financial mess has had me wondering (several times) if God even exists. And if he does, what good prayer even does. But I think the fact that you're even aware of the distance and the doubt means you're still a believer and still seeking him. You're just in a broken place.

Here's the thing: most people equate faith with intellectual confirmation. They think that if you doubt in your mind that means you don't have faith. But that's so far from the truth! If God confirmed it simply in our mind, we wouldn't need faith: "Faith is the evidence of things unseen..." So if you have doubt, it doesn't mean you don't have faith; it means you're working out your faith.

All that to say, be encouraged. The fact that you're feeling convicted means you're still on the right track. Maybe this would be a good time (I think for me too) for a fast. Maybe not all food - there's lots of different fasts. But the point is to give up something you enjoy and spend that time (or additional time somewhere) praying and reading the Bible.

Lastly, I would be interested in a (civil) discussion about "cussing". Honestly, I believe that other than GD and using Jesus' name improperly, cussing is more a societal expectation and not really sinful...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Ishmael81 thanks for that. It's always nice when I reveal my heart in a vulnerable way, that people don't judge, attack, accuse or such, and just simply speak the Truth in love. That's why I love CHM.

I too have my opinions on "cussing" and how the church has turned it into one of many "deadly sins", or whatever... but I DO take issue with saying GD or saying Jesus' name when mad. I do NOT like it at all. My own sin repulses me. I believe God is showing me just how depraved a sinner I really am.. that there is absolutely NO righteousness of my own within. I've always sought holiness, but always failed miserably (though I was good at faking it for a while -which I also see in a lot of church-goers who are well-meaning, but are ultimately fakes). I eventually came to the end of myself (from pain, addiction, bitterness and frustration), and wanted to be closer to the Lord, like "old times" - but just like a marriage relationship where one party has cheated, mistreated and ignored the other, things can never be "the same" again... so I feel as though this next phase of my walk with Christ is gonna hafta be different is all.  Should be interesting.

Thanks for listening :-)
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Right. That's the thing - it's a relationship and it evolves.

And yeah, I have recently found cussing to be such a trivial thing. It's the only time I can think of that people use societal expectations to say something is a sin.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Bingo
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:37 pm

I love $5 movie nights at our local theater!  You get your choice of movies and a free bag of popcorn all for $5!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 10:32 am

Is it Friday yet?  confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: