Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

live shows, do you love them or no?

Go down 
+6
Through The Dark Radio
kerrick
alldatndensum
ishmael81
Xid
crucifyd
10 posters
AuthorMessage
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

live shows, do you love them or no? Empty
PostSubject: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:42 pm

to start with, I have tinnitus (ringing of the ears 24/7). if it is a factor or not in this I really don't know since I've had it since I was at least 10-12 years old.

as far as the live show, they have always had a hyped appeal to me. but when I'm actually there I don't really enjoy them that much...the reason being is that I wear earplugs. if I do not wear earplugs for an entire show, I will have annoying/distracting amounts of hearing loss for several days, and certainly ultimately permanent hearing loss over time of too many shows, I assume. I can get a way with a song or two without too much, which lasts about 12 hours.

of course, the problem with earplugs is they make everything sound muffled, and thus...like crap! obviously not ideal, and it really is very disappointing.

if I just get into headbanging, sometimes that overcomes muffled effect...

I think it is the shrill highs of a live show that bother me when I don't wear earplugs (probably obvious). I always try to pull the plugs out of my ear as far as possible to get as close to actual sound as possible but it usually isn't enough to get past the muffling and the disappointment...

maybe there's a different ear plug to use, different place to stand? I don't know.

what's your take?

do you love them, hate them or something else? why?

it probably sounds like a weird question... but oh well, I'm weird... ; )
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:53 pm

There's something about a live show that is certainly cool to experience.  I certainly don't live for them, but the ones I've attended I've enjoyed immensely.

There are many different type of earplugs.  Some, the kind you can get anywhere, kill sound.  They reduce decibels without any reqard to sound quality.  Others reduce decibels while maintaining a good sound quality.  I've never used them so I can't recommend any.  Google good earplugs for concerts and you'll get all kinds of products to choose from.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 pm

It depends on the artist. As much as I like heavier/hard music, I don't get down with mosh pits anymore.

But, we're going to see Brad Paisley in August and I'm pretty stoked about that.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Nice!

I've never been into mosh pits.  I go to watch the band not fight with other fans.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 9:04 pm

I like live shows but rarely go.  Other than Stryper, not many Christian concerts come through here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:16 am

Xid wrote:
Nice!

I've never been into mosh pits.  I go to watch the band not fight with other fans.

For my entire life I never liked dancing and I still get anxious about going to weddings because people are always trying to force me to dance.  I just never "got" it.  Then I went to see Becoming The Archetype back in '07 or so and moshed for my first time.  It all made sense!  Moving to music can be enjoyable!  Moshing for me must be like dancing for normal people hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 am

I not a big fan of dancing, either.  I get the moving to music part, but not the let's go dancing part.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 am

For quite a while, even before I had tinnitus in my left ear, I would wear ear plugs to live concerts like Cornerstone and the like.  It really depends on the type of ear plug.  Some will muffle the sound as much as possible (which is what they're meant to do) while others are a bit more forgiving.  An NRR of 25 or 26 usually allows you hear quite a bit while still giving you plenty of protection.
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
For quite a while, even before I had tinnitus in my left ear, I would wear ear plugs to live concerts like Cornerstone and the like.  It really depends on the type of ear plug.  Some will muffle the sound as much as possible (which is what they're meant to do) while others are a bit more forgiving.  An NRR of 25 or 26 usually allows you hear quite a bit while still giving you plenty of protection.

wow, tinnitus in only one ear? I don't know, that sounds worse than both but maybe not...i've only always had it in both... though at times it seems like the right ear is "louder" than the other, like right now in fact
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:42 pm

I really like live shows, but don't catch that many.  Mostly because of the expense and the fact that I don't seem to find out about them until too late.  As for recordings I much prefer studio work to live albums, but there is just something fun about seeing a band perform live.

I never used to wear earplugs but attended a Billy Idol show with my wife a few years back.  After the show I had some horrible ringing in my ears that eventually died down a bit but never went away....so now I wear earplugs anytime I go to a show.

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Pros of concerts for me:
Seeing some unique and interesting performances and excellent musicianship
Having the crowd effect

Cons:
Usually subpar sound (sometimes terrible) - I seem to hate most soundguys since they can't seem to mix themselves out of a wet paper bag.
Idiots in the crowd
Not playing your favorites

Funny but perhaps slightly gross story related to hearing - saw Metallica in 92 which was a great show (mixed pretty well). Afterward hearing in left ear was unusual and it felt funny. While at McD before the drive home I kept playing with it and out popped a ball of wax nearly the size of a pea. Shocked

OT, but my worst hearing experience was nearly blowing my face off with some unstable chemicals. Very weird sensation, because it was apparently very loud based upon the reaction of others in the building, but I never really heard it. Just kind of a pop and then quite loud ringing that lasted a few days. Like a breaker had tripped.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 am

I've seen many cool Christian bands live.
I like it to see and listen to them live.
For shows, I always use ear plugs.
In September I hope to see Stairway live.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 am

The energy of the live show and the ability to say that you saw X live is pretty good, but I'm kinda cheap and a lot of shows I just don't think are worth what they charge.  I do miss a good pit though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: live shows, do you love them or no?   live shows, do you love them or no? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

live shows, do you love them or no?
Page 1 of 1