Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/25/2016, 4:27 pm

Watched a few old films this weekend.

Pretty Woman - The wife's pick, wasn't going to watch it with her but I did (just to be a good husband) and was pleasently surprised with how good it was, which is surprising to me because I've never liked Richard Gere or Julia Roberts.  We had seen it back when it was new, but hadn't seen it since.

They Live - Campy, cheesy horror/sci-fi yarn with Rowdy Roddy Piper in the lead.  It was just a silly and fun as I remembered it (even if the gratuitous nude scene at the end was forced and seemed "tacked on" just to have a nude scene).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/26/2016, 6:37 am

Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition

The longer version is so much better than the theatrical release.  It explains better how Lex Luthor engineered everything except for the appearance of Wonder Woman.  It is still dark and has too many dream scenes, but overall you sense that this is a BATMAN movie with Superman and Wonder Woman side stories until the end when they MUST work together.  After seeing the new trailer released at Comic-Con, it also perfectly sets the stage for both the new Wonder Woman and Justice League movies. 

I was one of the naysayers, but Ben Affleck is great as Batman/Bruce Wayne.  I never thought I'd say that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/26/2016, 9:16 am

Watched the first 30 minutes of "Creed" last night, and then went for a walk. 
I'm not sure if I'm going to bother watching the rest of it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/26/2016, 3:12 pm

Star Trek Beyond!

Loved it!  Even the homo Sulu didn't bother me as they didn't really dwell on that.  The significant other could easily have been his brother if they hadn't made a stink in the press to get viewers.  Everyone except Spock FEELS like the original cast now.  They did a couple of cool tips of the hat to the original actors since this is the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, too.  They even did a quick memorial in the credits for the young man who plays Chekov who died recently.  All that was very classy.  I look forward to Star Trek 4 whatever it is named.  It has been announced that there will be at least one more.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/26/2016, 3:31 pm

^I thought I saw that the character is NOT gay?  I haven't seen any of the movies or even read any articles; I just saw headlines a week or so ago when that was a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/27/2016, 5:09 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Star Trek Beyond!

Loved it!  Even the homo Sulu didn't bother me as they didn't really dwell on that.  The significant other could easily have been his brother if they hadn't made a stink in the press to get viewers.  Everyone except Spock FEELS like the original cast now.  They did a couple of cool tips of the hat to the original actors since this is the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, too.  They even did a quick memorial in the credits for the young man who plays Chekov who died recently.  All that was very classy.  I look forward to Star Trek 4 whatever it is named.  It has been announced that there will be at least one more.
I will be going to see that in Imax 3D today!

It would be cool if they got Walter Koenig to cameo in the next movie. Maybe as Chekov's grandfather or something.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/27/2016, 6:52 am

Quote :
^I thought I saw that the character is NOT gay?  I haven't seen any of the movies or even read any articles; I just saw headlines a week or so ago when that was a big deal.

The director and writer of the script said that Sulu was gay.  Even George Takei has said that he didn't think they needed to change the character.  If they truly NEEDED a gay character, then create a new one.  It wasn't bad, though.  Sulu comes off the ship to his little girl and partner.  They put their arms around each other and walk off.  That was it.  They could have been brothers the way they did it and no one would have thought differently if they hadn't created the whole gay Sulu media buzz.  I almost bet they did it just to sell tickets.

Quote :
It would be cool if they got Walter Koenig to cameo in the next movie. Maybe as Chekov's grandfather or something.

It would be cool.  However, it would have to be a for a funeral seen as the young man playing Chekov died during the summer.  JJ Abrams, the executive producer of these films, has said that they would not replace Anton Yelchin as Chekov.  He died from his own vehicle pinning him to a brick pillar.  He was found by friends when he did not show up for a rehersal for another production he was working on.  In the end credits, they did a memorial for Leonard Nimoy and then had the words "For Anton" immediately following.  Star Trek movies have always honored those involved who died since the last movie.  I believe they felt that they should honor that tradition.  I, for one, am glad that they did.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/27/2016, 9:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

The director and writer of the script said that Sulu was gay.  Even George Takei has said that he didn't think they needed to change the character.  If they truly NEEDED a gay character, then create a new one.  It wasn't bad, though.  Sulu comes off the ship to his little girl and partner.  They put their arms around each other and walk off.  That was it.  They could have been brothers the way they did it and no one would have thought differently if they hadn't created the whole gay Sulu media buzz.  I almost bet they did it just to sell tickets.

Gotcha.  I actually got in a pretty big argument with a gay friend a little while ago because I thought so much of Hollywood's inclusion of non-straight/white/male characters seemed disingenuous and just to be socially/culturally relevant solely in order to sell more tickets.  He took that as an attack on said characters haha.  Oh well...  Anyways, I bet you're right.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/27/2016, 11:08 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

It would be cool.  However, it would have to be a for a funeral seen as the young man playing Chekov died during the summer.  JJ Abrams, the executive producer of these films, has said that they would not replaces replaces Anton Yelchin as Chekov.  He died from his own vehicle pinning him to a brick pillar.  He was found by friends when he did not show up for a rehersal for another production he was working on.  In the end credits, they did a memorial for Leonard Nimoy and then had the words "For Anton" immediately following.  Star Trek movies have always honored those involved who died since the last movie.  I believe they felt that they should honor that tradition.  I, for one, am glad that they did.
I know it has been said he wouldn't't e recast, and it wouldn't't have to be a funeral. Someone could possibly show up at his home on Earth looking for him and grandpa could say he has been transferred to the USS Reliant,or something like that.

J.J. did say they didn't know how to explain his absence yet.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/20/j-j-abrams-says-chekov-wont-be-recast-after-death-of-anton-yelchin/

As for how Chekov will be written out.
Quote :
I have thought about it, we’re working on it, and it’s too early to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/28/2016, 10:15 am

I wouldn't transfer him as that leaves a door for them to recast.  They should have a funeral scene or at least mention Chekov's death.

I'd love it if they could get cameos of any of the previous cast that is left in these.  I don't care if they recast them and have them playing a smaller part like a grandparent of the new character.  That would be cool.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/2/2016, 4:08 am

Flash Gordon
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/2/2016, 2:04 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Flash Gordon

Classic cheesy film with an outstanding soundtrack.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/2/2016, 2:37 pm

And incredible effects for its day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/5/2016, 10:46 am

Forbidden Planet
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/6/2016, 8:16 pm

Batman:  The Killing Joke

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/7/2016, 10:58 am

Tried to watch "Daddy's Home" last night.  I walked away from it in the first 15 minutes and the wife turned it off another 3-4 minutes later.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/7/2016, 3:56 pm

Suicide Squad 3D
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/7/2016, 10:35 pm

My dad and I watched 13 Hours the other night.  I love to make fun of Michael Bay, but I thought it was a pretty decent flick!  I don't know how much of it was true and how much of it was made up for the movie, but regardless, what a gnarly situation and how those few men fended off so many attackers is pretty amazing...  If you liked Black Hawk Down or Lone Survivor, I would definitely recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/8/2016, 7:21 am

Star Trek Beyond, pretty darn good.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/8/2016, 11:56 am

Jurassic World
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/10/2016, 11:26 am

10 Cloverfield Lane

affraid  That is basically all I have to say affraid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/10/2016, 1:56 pm

Hardkore wrote:
10 Cloverfield Lane

affraid  That is basically all I have to say affraid

That good huh?  I ordered this one from our library system and will probably get it sometime in the next three months.  My wife will refuse to watch it, so I guess it will just be me and my son watching it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/13/2016, 5:07 am

Quote :
Star Trek Beyond, pretty darn good.

I actually thought that this one FELT the most like classic Trek.  Sure, they still have a lot more action than the tv shows had, but even TOS movies had more than the television program did.  My only complaints with it were A) those thick voice filters on heroes or villians because I have trouble understanding them and B) gay Sulu.  Of course, that was done in a way that it could almost have been a brother you see him with.  It wasn't gross or even in your face.  All in all, I felt that this one is probably my favorite.  It will be weird not having Chekov in future installments, though.

Quote :
10 Cloverfield Lane

Loved it!!!

Recently, we watched:  Mother's Day.  For a chick flick, it was cute.  It wasn't overly emotional.  It also wasn't as funny as I hoped, but it was cute.  My wife really liked it.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/14/2016, 1:40 pm

Watched "Criminal" last night with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman & Tommy Lee Jones.  It was just alright.  I thought the premise was great, just not the best execution.  Be warned if you plan on watching it, there is quite a bit of profanity, and the violence gets a tad gory.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/15/2016, 5:25 am

Pete's Dragon 2016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next