Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 3:00 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
What're you working on?

5 o'clock

I mean, right now.

Lunch

I know it isn't but this seems like dialogue out of Office Space...

No, it was an actual dialogue at my previous employer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 pm

We have 5 strangers joining us for Thanksgiving dinner this year (it will nearly double our group).  My wife invited one of her employees to join us and bring her boyfriend and 3 children.

I'm not really that socially outgoing, but I should be able to fake it for a few hours.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 3:37 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
What're you working on?

5 o'clock

I mean, right now.

Lunch

I know it isn't but this seems like dialogue out of Office Space...

No, it was an actual dialogue at my previous employer Very Happy

Ah, got it.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
We have 5 strangers joining us for Thanksgiving dinner this year (it will nearly double our group).  My wife invited one of her employees to join us and bring her boyfriend and 3 children.

I'm not really that socially outgoing, but I should be able to fake it for a few hours.

I'm not trying to be nosy but does the coworker not have a place to go? Or is she really good friends with your wife? Just seems... random...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 8:40 am

It's always great to share with others isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 am

I did an American Thanksgiving supper last night with some American friends. It was good, but 7 kids were running around screaming the whole time. Ah well...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 9:50 am

The pay for being a teacher''s assistant isn't great, but you have got to love the time off for the holidays!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:00 pm

Well, I finally did it. I finally got heavy enough to hear my doctor say, "OK, you need to lose a few pounds." Smile  I've been a bit heavy for a while (obese according to the "experts", but really only 40 or 50 over prime), but my doctor has always said, "you're fine." I went in for my annual physical today and my glucose is 111 (whatever that means), 1 over the 110 max that causes his computer to say "danger! danger!" So now he's saying, "maybe you're not so fine." Granted, he did show me the chart of all my visits for the past 10 years, and for the most part its a gradual increase. <sigh> Time to start exercising and watch my diet <he says as he's munching on a cookie while watching TV. Smile >
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 pm

That's tough to hear but if you're only 50 pounds overweight, that isn't too terrible. I'm almost 200 pounds overweight.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 pm

I am over 100 lbs. overweight.  I was doing great two years ago.  I went from 325 down to 268.  Since then, I've quickly gone back to 299.  I started again trying to cut back and exercise.  It is tough work and a major struggle for some people like myself.

My goal is to hit 250 now.  The Dr. would tell me that I should weigh around 185-195 but that isn't doable.  I lost down to 206 back in 2000 and I had bags under my eyes and was tired all the time.  When I gained back to 220, I felt and looked great.  I just want to be free from this.  Alcoholics can quit drinking.  Smokers can quit smoking.  Sex addicts, druggies, gamblers, etc. can all quit their habits with time.  For us gluttons, we still have to eat.  We will always have the struggle unless Jesus helps us to completely break it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 4:19 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I'm not trying to be nosy but does the coworker not have a place to go? Or is she really good friends with your wife? Just seems... random...

Well this is the "random" thread.  Laughing

She is relatively new at my wife's preschool and she has no other family in the area (except for her young children).  She's also dirt poor, so my wife thought it would be a good idea to invite her.  I agree (for the most part), but I'm also a serious introvert, so will be challenged not to just hide in the kitchen all day "cooking".

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 4:42 pm

BearDad wrote:
Well, I finally did it. I finally got heavy enough to hear my doctor say, "OK, you need to lose a few pounds." Smile  I've been a bit heavy for a while (obese according to the "experts", but really only 40 or 50 over prime), but my doctor has always said, "you're fine." I went in for my annual physical today and my glucose is 111 (whatever that means), 1 over the 110 max that causes his computer to say "danger! danger!" So now he's saying, "maybe you're not so fine." Granted, he did show me the chart of all my visits for the past 10 years, and for the most part its a gradual increase. <sigh> Time to start exercising and watch my diet <he says as he's munching on a cookie while watching TV. Smile >

The BMI charts tell me I am nearly 100 pounds overweight, but with my frame I'm really only about 70 pounds overweight.
Pretty much every healthcare professional I have talked to for the last 12 years has told me I really need to loose weight (I've also had a similar gradual increased over the last 20 years)

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Well this is the "random" thread.  Laughing

She is relatively new at my wife's preschool and she has no other family in the area (except for her young children).  She's also dirt poor, so my wife thought it would be a good idea to invite her.  I agree (for the most part), but I'm also a serious introvert, so will be challenged not to just hide in the kitchen all day "cooking".

That makes sense. Nice of you guys to open your home.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 8:35 am

We're getting a new grandchild at the end of May.
That's wonderful news.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 9:34 am

That is very good news!  I think you make an excellent Oma!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 11:22 am

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Found a used books, movies and music store in Sioux Falls that has a nice selection of vinyl. I told my wife a gift certificate for Christmans would be really nice. Smile In the meantime, I found these gems:

The Wooden Nickel pressing of Styx' first LP (s/t)
Kansas' first LP (s/t)
Another hard to find Styx' LP (Man of Miracles)
Sweet Comfort Band (Cutting Edge) - this one is signed by Bryan Duncan and Rick Thomson (interesting trivia tidbit: Bryan's name is misspelled - Brian - on the record sleeve)

Random Ramblings - Page 6 2016-11-27%2016.15.14

Note of frustration: I already had the Styx Man of Miracles LP in vinyl! Grrr!  Evil or Very Mad  I have GOT to get some type of list of what I have together. There were so many other records to choose from; buying duplicates sucks!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Cool finds, even if one of them was a duplicate.  I've found myself standing in a used music store more than once holding a copy of something and wondering if I already own it...lol.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Quote :
Found a used books, movies and music store in Sioux Falls that has a nice selection of vinyl. I told my wife a gift certificate for Christmans would be really nice. Random Ramblings - Page 6 Icon_smile In the meantime, I found these gems:

I can find used book stores and places that have a lot of used movies.  I only know of one used music store in the Nashville area.  All of the CD Warehouse and Hastings are all gone.  People don't buy CDs much anymore so that makes even less used ones out there to get.  Target here has, for the most part, done away with a music section at all.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 8:40 am

BearDad wrote:
Found a used books, movies and music store in Sioux Falls that has a nice selection of vinyl. I told my wife a gift certificate for Christmans would be really nice. Smile In the meantime, I found these gems:

The Wooden Nickel pressing of Styx' first LP (s/t)
Kansas' first LP (s/t)
Another hard to find Styx' LP (Man of Miracles)
Sweet Comfort Band (Cutting Edge) - this one is signed by Bryan Duncan and Rick Thomson (interesting trivia tidbit: Bryan's name is misspelled - Brian - on the record sleeve)

Random Ramblings - Page 6 2016-11-27%2016.15.14

Note of frustration: I already had the Styx Man of Miracles LP in vinyl! Grrr!  Evil or Very Mad  I have GOT to get some type of list of what I have together. There were so many other records to choose from; buying duplicates sucks!
There were 3 pressings of Man Of Miracles. Look at the back. If side 2 cut one is "Lies" it is a first pressing. If "Best Thing" it is a second pressing. You want the one with "Lies". I'm a huge Styx fan.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 8:41 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Found a used books, movies and music store in Sioux Falls that has a nice selection of vinyl. I told my wife a gift certificate for Christmans would be really nice. Random Ramblings - Page 6 Icon_smile In the meantime, I found these gems:

I can find used book stores and places that have a lot of used movies.  I only know of one used music store in the Nashville area.  All of the CD Warehouse and Hastings are all gone.  People don't buy CDs much anymore so that makes even less used ones out there to get.  Target here has, for the most part, done away with a music section at all.
Target here still has a good CD selection, better than Walmart. On occasion they even have vinyl records.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 10:23 am

Staybrite wrote:
Cool finds, even if one of them was a duplicate.  I've found myself standing in a used music store more than once holding a copy of something and wondering if I already own it...lol.

Might I suggest Discogs? I use it pretty regularly if for nothing more than to know what I have and want. They also have an app that's free and easy to use. You just scan the barcode and put it in your collection.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 am

MikeInFla wrote:

There were 3 pressings of Man Of Miracles. Look at the back. If side 2 cut one is "Lies" it is a first pressing. If "Best Thing" it is a second pressing. You want the one with "Lies". I'm a huge Styx fan.

Interesting. I will check. I think it'd be cool to have each of the three.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 11:05 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Might I suggest Discogs? I use it pretty regularly if for nothing more than to know what I have and want. They also have an app that's free and easy to use. You just scan the barcode and put it in your collection.

The problem with discogs is it is online, just like ebay. I've been burned by both. The seller says the record is in G or VG and when you get it its not.  Also, if the seller is overseas the shipping cost is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 pm

I think I have reached seriousness overload and have been rendered incapable of taking anything seriously.  Combine that with my brain's propensity to seek out the most ridiculous, sarcastic, or smart-alecky response before the appropriate one, I'm afraid I'm about to become mute as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next