Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:36 am

At least you're watching it. I make absolutely no effort to go see or even watch Christmas parades. Humbug indeed.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 am

You have to love Tennessee weather!  It is going to be 17 degrees when I get up in the morning.  Last week, it was literally 85!  That is a huge swing in just two weeks!

Of course, we have had a blessed and unusually warm fall.  This will be our first really cold snap.  Luckily, it is only going to last for a couple of days.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 am

I have 3 exams in 3 days - diff calc today, kinematics/dynamics tomorrow, general chem Saturday. Then geo next Friday. Here goes…
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am

Wow that's quite the load!  I had an awesome professor for Differential Equations.  I really enjoyed that class.  How do you like it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Ugg I coudn't stand Diff-EQ.  Dynamics and Statics were fun though, same with Mechanics of Materials.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Just reading those class names and I am rejoicing that I went to Bible college!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am

Good luck with your exams Driven.
Let us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Just reading those class names and I am rejoicing that I went to Bible college!

Me too except B-School...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 2:32 pm

I really liked Mechanics of Materials . . . that where we got to break stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I really liked Mechanics of Materials . . . that where we got to break stuff Very Happy

Oh yeah!  Laughing

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Everything went well (I think). Calculus is algebra, physics is algebra with some theory, and chemistry is math you have to think about.

Our chem prof had put a copy of the 2012 final exam on Moodle (an online platform for schools), so that we had practice questions. The actual final was basically the 2012 final with a couple of questions changed. The prof didn't even bother to change the date. That made life easier.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 11:42 am

Good news!

I remember not being excited about taking Chemistry and my first college chemistry class did nothing to make me feel any better about it.  I took the second (required) chem class at night and had a different instructor who was a chemical engineer.  She was great because she centered the course-work around practical chemistry and left out a bunch of theory.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 11:50 am

I am missing seeing G/F posting here!

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 12:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I was just thinking this the other day. I know he has a lot going on so let's keep praying for him and maybe God will remind him to come visit us.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 1:21 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Great guy, he really tends to brighten the place up when he's here.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 7:46 pm

We will have to drag him away from Call Of Duty.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 7:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We will have to drag him away from Call Of Duty.

I think he spends way more time playing this game....

Random Ramblings - Page 8 Hatsun10

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 12:46 am

Hey kids... I am still alive. Sorry I haven't been blessing you with my presence  Razz

I could go into the sordid reasons for my recent reclusiveness, but I don't want to bore you with my lack of health, kids that are turning me gray, and non-stop holiday parties everywhere.

Oh and yes, in between it all, I have been playing Project Diva... er, I mean Fallout 4  Laughing
I'm a bit addicted to it. Amazingly detailed game. My wife continues to encourage my addiction by buying me wireless headphones from Sharper Image.... amazing !!

Thanks to all who've been praying, it's been a rough road the last couple months. I'm looking forward to better days ahead !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 7:20 am

Quote :
Hey kids... I am still alive. Sorry I haven't been blessing you with my presence  Random Ramblings - Page 8 Icon_razz

I could go into the sordid reasons for my recent reclusiveness, but I don't want to bore you with my lack of health, kids that are turning me gray, and non-stop holiday parties everywhere.

We've never minded you talking about your problems here.  Just be sure not to cut yourself off from your best supporters--us!!!  We will pray, but we will also correct you when we see you going in a bad direction.  You'd do the same for us, I hope!

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 8:37 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Hey kids... I am still alive. Sorry I haven't been blessing you with my presence  Razz

Oh and yes, in between it all, I have been playing Project Diva... er, I mean Fallout 4  Laughing
I'm a bit addicted to it. Amazingly detailed game. My wife continues to encourage my addiction by buying me wireless headphones from Sharper Image.... amazing !!

Thanks to all who've been praying, it's been a rough road the last couple months. I'm looking forward to better days ahead !

First of all, you don't bore us. I have friends and folks that hold me accountable, both IRL and here. We're here to be supportive and helpful for you if need be.

Second of all, I understand the holiday parties. Our work one was Wednesday and we have two family parties on Saturday (the first I'm dreading, the second should be okay...).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 9:46 am

I agree that the holiday parties can be a bit stressful.  We had our work party this Wednesday (it went relatively well...always a little worried about them because my wife and I pick the venue).  Saturday night I have to attend one of best clients party...then get up at 3am to take my wife to the airport.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm leaving for my parents' anytime between now and Sunday, depending on the weather. I don't mind weather, but everyone else (parents, girlfriend) minds more than I do.

Also, between my last post and now, the other front suspension collapsed on my car; my friend replaced it with me, breaking a worn link kit (small arm with pivots) in the process; I and my friend replaced the link kit. I now have even less money in my bank account. Oh well. And I had to cold start my diesel car (without block heater) at -16°F or -26.5°C… to put it mildly, it was rough. Such is the price we pay for superior fuel economy.

Glad to see G/F return among us. It felt like something was missing, but I couldn't quite figure out what (as I'm not here much myself).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 8:27 pm

We miss you, too, Andre.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 8:22 am

Good to see you back G/F!  What Ish said--you don't bore us, we're here to support each other.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 3:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We miss you, too, Andre.

Very true, when you first started here (as a young sprout) we almost couldn't get you to stop talking.  Now that you are in college and have a girlfriend it seems like we don't see you much as we would like.  Makes me feel a little like a parent just hoping my young adult son will at least give me a call or send a text once a week to let me know he still needs me...even if just a little.  Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next