Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:24 am

Yep Gary, I know how it feels when your kids spread out their wings and fly away from home.
My mom has teached me, let them go.
Our youngest left home two months ago.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 11:30 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Yep Gary, I know how it feels when your kids spread out their wings and fly away from home.
My mom has teached me, let them go.
Our youngest left home two months ago.

It's not easy but I guess you have to. 
We still have our middle child living with us (he moved back in a few months ago), but he is probably going to leave us in the Fall, then it will just be the two of us.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 3:08 pm

New beginnings   Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 3:40 pm

I like being empty-nesters but there are times when we miss having the kids around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 8:23 am

My wife and I have always been empty nesters as we never had our own children.

Last night was the final performance of my play.  The show has gone pretty well despite unnecessary behind the scenes drama and cast changes.  Last night was probably one of the best performances as everyone could relax knowing this was the final appearance together.

We did this weekend in The Thomas House in Red Bowling Springs.  It is an old bed and breakfast that still operates.  It's big claim to fame is that it is supposedly haunted.  They've even had one of the nationally aired ghost hunting shows come out and film there.  Ghost hunters from around the world travel there because of the reported activity.  Personally, I don't believe in ghosts, so I have seen nothing and never expect to.  If there are spirits there, I believe it to be more demonic in nature and it would be time to kick into prayer meeting mode if I did see something.  Greater is He who is in me than he who is in The Thomas House, right???

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:35 am

I counted the months, days and minutes until the last one moved out (and of course with my son, I'm sure many of you remember how VERY easy he made it for us to say goodbye and not miss him living here).
The way I look at it is, I married Lisa... not the kids. So, though I miss them on occasion, I DO NOT miss them actually living here. 

We've been empty nesters for about 5 years now and LOVE finally having the house to ourselves  Wink

I just took Sting's advice is all...  lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:38 am

Quote :
Greater is He who is in me than he who is in The Thomas House

Thumbs Up

While I do believe demonic activity is alive and well around the world, I also believe the vast majority of people's claims to have "seen" or felt ghostly activity is poppycock, just attention grabbing crap.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:23 pm

PSA:

If you're going to steal in my store, make sure you don't get caught by the off duty constable just 6 feet away from you while you're stuffing your giant handbag with 85 bucks worth of items.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
Greater is He who is in me than he who is in The Thomas House

Thumbs Up

While I do believe demonic activity is alive and well around the world, I also believe the vast majority of people's claims to have "seen" or felt ghostly activity is poppycock, just attention grabbing crap.

This is one of the strange cases where I actually believe people ARE seeing things.  There are too many reports of strange happenings and sightings.  Many times, people who are unaware of what others see will have the same type of sighting.  That begins to give you some credence that there is something going on.

I don't believe in any ghosts but the Holy Ghost myself.  I used to love to watch paranormal shows and read books about it, too.  In almost every case of "hauntings", the spirit would become malevolent with time.  I think that shows that these aren't dead humans but rather demonic beings bent on misleading people away from Jesus.

Also, the Bible says that it is appointed once for man to die and then the judgment.  I believe that when we die we go to our eternal home with the Lord or end up in Hell like the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.  I don't believe that anyone, no matter how tragic their death was, walk this earth until they find some sort of peace.  If people are seeing spirits and interacting with them (both of which have happened multiple times at The Thomas House), then they are divining with evil spirits.  This homey don't play that game!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 10:02 pm

I agree
If it's not some attention getter, or someone who "thinks" they seen something when they didn't, THEN I firmly believe it was demonic activity. This includes all the supposed dead relatives that are "contacted" at seances and stuff
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I counted the months, days and minutes until the last one moved out (and of course with my son, I'm sure many of you remember how VERY easy he made it for us to say goodbye and not miss him living here).
The way I look at it is, I married Lisa... not the kids. So, though I miss them on occasion, I DO NOT miss them actually living here. 

We've been empty nesters for about 5 years now and LOVE finally having the house to ourselves  Wink

The having the house to ourselves part will be nice (once my middle child finally moves out). Laughing
But I'm really missing the youngest kid.  My wife thinks that is because he engaged with us just as much when he got older as he did when he was a kid (unlike the other two who stopped wanting to be around us much when they hit their mid/late teen years).  Oh sure he had his friends and did stuff with them, but he would still go to the movies with us, or even just shopping.  He would talk to me every day when I got home about his day, and often helped me with dinner.  He also didn't just move down the street, or over to the next town (like our daughter).  He is on the other side of the country.  With the exception of coming home for a week or so in October he isn't even likely to be stationed anywhere near us.  I really miss him.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Always good to see some progress on some slow moving projects.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:40 pm

For the past DECADE, I've lived in places too small to have my music collection on shelves.  (I don't have that big of a collection, it's just that I've lived in pretty tiny places.)  But we just bought some cheapo shelves from Walmart and I FINALLY got to organize my music on 'em!  I'm happy now.   sunny  I don't think I'll ever get to "Jim level" of shelving, but it feels pretty nice nonetheless.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Quote :
 I don't think I'll ever get to "Jim level" of shelving, but it feels pretty nice nonetheless.

Mine is a sickness... don't get to that point, trust me  Wink
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:59 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Well, I don't know about everyone else... but...

Kerrick, those shelves...

WE WANT PICTURES!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Hahaha alright then.  Smile  Sorry it's not the greatest picture but should give you an idea.  The top two rows are my music CDs (with room for expansion haha), then movies, and then the bottom two are books.  The things on top are masks I made out of wire in college.

Random Ramblings - Page 31 20180713
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:29 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
 I don't think I'll ever get to "Jim level" of shelving, but it feels pretty nice nonetheless.

Mine is a sickness... don't get to that point, trust me  Wink

Random Ramblings - Page 31 Maam-im-sorry-it-appears-your-husband-has-come-down-10137244
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 8:45 am

I love a good fireworks display.  I hate fireworks being shot off by kids in the neighborhood 30 mins. after they are supposed to stop.  Of course, our local "Barney Fife" police force isn't going to do anything except run radar to raise more funds for the city and thus justify their slightly above minimum wage jobs.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:41 pm

I might be turning into an old curmudgeon, but I'm done with the fireworks.  The people in our town (especially our neighborhood) spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on fireworks.  They basically start at around noon on July 3rd and continue until nearly midnight on July 5th (even though they are legally limited to between noon & midnight on the 4th).  It literally sounds like a war zone from the time it gets dark until about 1 am (seriously I have been on military live fire exercises that were quieter).  A few guys must have small cannons, because you always get a dozen or so massive booms that will actually rattle the windows in your house.
There are a few towns in the surrounding area that have outlawed nearly all fireworks.  Every July 4th I give serious thought to moving to one of those.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Fireworks around here are much more tame by the sound of it. In Quebec, we do fireworks both on St-Jean-Baptiste (June 24th) and on Canada Day, a week later. Around here, it's more or less just the city that does it.

I have friends who got married on June 24th last summer so that they'd have fireworks on their anniversary Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:35 am

kerrick wrote:
Hahaha alright then.  Smile  Sorry it's not the greatest picture but should give you an idea.  The top two rows are my music CDs (with room for expansion haha), then movies, and then the bottom two are books.  The things on top are masks I made out of wire in college.

Random Ramblings - Page 31 20180713

So Kerrick, as someone who loves to snoop thru other people's music collections, this picture was not very satisfying as all I could make out was the book "What To Expect When You're Expecting"
lol!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:49 am

Quote :
then it will just be the two of us.
That how it is here too.
Only the two of us.
Gary, do you still have the dog?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next