Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???

Go down 
+6
Ascension
Xid
topshot rhit
Samson
bassdude
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 5:39 pm

I used to love SonicFlood, Jeff Deyo, even the first couple of Kutless' worship projects.  But, those seem to be rare nowadays.  Any recommendations?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 6:22 pm

That's a good question....I'll have to look around a bit.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 8:04 pm

Jake Hamilton ( I know I spam this guy on here a lot, but he can rock)

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/14/2018, 7:36 pm

Not bad, but not exactly what I would want.  Where are the SonicFloods, Jeff Deyos, early Lincoln Brewsters, etc.?  I want something that lyrically is worshipful but is truly something musically I enjoy.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/15/2018, 5:29 am

Neverclaim? I consider the album I have to be worship-based rock. Not sure what else they have.

bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/15/2018, 7:26 pm

I love this Danny Chambers album...worshipful, but rockin'.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/17/2018, 3:58 am

I have that album around here somewhere.  I like some of it, but it lost my interest.  I have a stack of worship albums I either need to list for sale or donate to a local help center or Goodwill.  If I don't play them anymore, what is the point in keeping them?

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/17/2018, 4:01 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Neverclaim? I consider the album I have to be worship-based rock. Not sure what else they have.

I had totally forgotten about them.  I have their debut album and haven't listened to it in years.  I discovered that they have two more full length albums since then.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/23/2019, 1:16 pm

I would almost consider some of 7eventh Time Down's material as well.

I'm on a search for hard (but no extreme cookie monster vocals!) worship songs (preferably originals vs covers) with YT lyric videos. I have found the obvious ones like Scandinavian Metal Praise and the old Metal Praise album. If anyone knows some good ones, let me know. Need them for our youth group.

Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/23/2019, 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 7:58 am

A few
Rick Pino

Where Fire May Fall

Scandinavian Metal Praise
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 8:08 am

Few more
Fervent Worship

Played guitar with this guy a few times Chris Harvey

And this guy Shawn Lonbard

The  Henry Maneuver

Eddie James

Fer a little country Church filled with old folk we aint to shabby

And  with my former Church lot of us out here who like to rock a little in CHURCH!!
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 6:13 pm

My worship leader and I were discussing the other day the lack of guitar solo passages in worship music the last several years....used to be quite a bit of lead guitar in worship music but it seems to have almost disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 6:15 pm

Oh wow, it's a rare Ascension sighting.  Good to see you back here.

Ascension likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 7:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh wow, it's a rare Ascension sighting.  Good to see you back here.
Been a while I admit LOL. Lot of irons in the fire as of late not the least of which is a 92 year old mother who I wound up with POA over so---.  Between that working with my Church and a major health scare of my own over the last year kinda been distracted. Will try to hang out a little more over here!!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 7:55 pm

Where Fire May Fall was promising until the extreme vox.

Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime3/10/2020, 7:59 pm

bassdude wrote:
My worship leader and I were discussing the other day the lack of guitar solo passages in worship music the last several years....used to be quite a bit of lead guitar in worship music but it seems to have almost disappeared.
You still hear it a lot in Urban Gospel stuff in particular like this.
 Todd Dulaney

Then there are the Pentecostal folk like these UPC guys. Have one of these Churches in my area and no joke the Sunday night services look like the Tent revival scene in Blues Brothers 2000. CRAZY stuff like folk somersaulting down the isle during the worship and and stuff!  ALL the players SHRED!

Not so much in the top 40 worship stuff but there are artist out there.
Like this cool jazzy thing we do at my Church.

There are also the blues guys like Jeremy Burke here

Then you can always take a newer song with a nice melody line strip it down then do it as more of a straight up rocker and add the solos like we did here with In The river.

Or at my current Church with Holy Water

We have a little fun and rock a little in our Worship!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/4/2020, 12:32 pm

This one is available now through the band.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Superjuice

Superjuice

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime10/11/2020, 11:10 am

Just for fun:

Back to top Go down
My Awesome Timothy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime5/1/2021, 1:19 pm

Stephen Christian - Wildfires is a favourite of mine!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime7/28/2022, 8:11 am

bassdude wrote:
Feel you here. Over the last few years I have been primarily a worship guitarist and on a SHORT leash!
Was a breath of fresh air to do a community worship event a couple weeks ago and get off teh leash a little. Rare to do this today though.
 Couple clips some crazy good vocals from some of these guys like here!

And here
And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And a little off teh cuff improv jam
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime7/31/2022, 11:15 am

Wow, Ascention, you are back on CHM.
It always makes me happy to see old CHM members come back.

Ascension likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime8/1/2022, 11:07 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Wow, Ascention, you are back on CHM.
It always makes me happy to see old CHM members come back.
 I will roll through from time to time. between what I'm doing in the Worship circles and running a minor Political Party in my state it's a time thing.  I'm still hanging around when I can here though Wink
 Blessed to still be playing a good bit though and working with some cool folk. Check out the pipes of this girl from Brazil I played a conference with a while back!
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime10/17/2023, 6:19 am

One newer Rock orent worship band that I'm listening to a lot is Behold The Beloved

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime10/17/2023, 6:52 am

At my Church right now we are kinda on a roots rock bluesy kinda direction right now. Stuff like Ann Wilson, We The Kingdom ect. Got this one from People and Song and also one from We The Kingdom
From a City music fest we played last year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???   Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any great ROCK worship bands anymore???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next