Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Hell or High Water (2016), on Netflix...not bad at all.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 12:14 am

^That one was pretty good.  Did you see Wind River?  Same director.  It's decent as well, though some pretty heavy/intense subject matter...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 am

kerrick wrote:
^That one was pretty good.  Did you see Wind River?  Same director.  It's decent as well, though some pretty heavy/intense subject matter...

No I didn't see it, will have to look for it, thanks.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 pm

If you liked Hell Or High Water, you'll probably dig Wind River.  It's got a similar feel and style (i.e. everyone morosely mumbles pseudo-philosophical babble amid heavy and violent occurrences haha).  There's one scene you may not want to watch FYI, so I recommend cautiously.

I watched The Eyes Of Laura Mars over the weekend: a 1978 suspense/thriller.  It was written by John Carpenter and filmed much like the Italian giallo films of that era (which I enjoyed).  It was entertaining but the ending was pretty cliche and silly.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Won't You Be My Neighbor
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Alita: Battle Angel (3D)

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 10:01 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

What did you think?  I remember seeing a promo for this nearly a year ago and thought it looked like it could be decent or possibly even good.

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 7:50 am

Rewatching SB 53.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 8:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

What did you think?  I remember seeing a promo for this nearly a year ago and thought it looked like it could be decent or possibly even good.

With me being off work tomorrow due to Presidents Day, I may go watch this.  I think it could be good.

At home, I am working on season two of The Punisher, season one of The Gifted, and I started watching a 2009 tv series called V that is based on the original miniseries.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

I enjoyed it except for the ending. There apparently will be a sequel, but the end just seemed odd at that point.

The Three Musketeers (1973)

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

I enjoyed it except for the ending. There apparently will be a sequel, but the end just seemed odd at that point.

Good to know, thanks.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Bad Times at the El Royale

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Alita: Battle Angel IMAX 3D
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 12:58 am

Hardkore wrote:

Did you like it?  I know you watch a lot of films...your opinion matters to me.  Wink

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:43 am

Hinterland
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:50 pm

IStaybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Did you like it?  I know you watch a lot of films...your opinion matters to me.  Wink
Yes, I loved it. Not too much action but still plenty with enough dialog scenes to tell the story. The end sets it up for a sequel,but we have to wait and see how this one does financially.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Hardkore wrote:
IStaybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Yes, I loved it. Not too much action but still plenty with enough dialog scenes to tell the story. The end sets it up for a sequel,but we have to wait and see how this one does financially.

Cool, thanks.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Alita: Battle Angel

I loved it!  It doesn't give you all of her backstory and hints as something bigger for the next movie if they get to do it.  I thought there was plenty of action.  The best part of the movie, for me, was Alita trying to figure out who she was and how she fit.  She might be an android, but her struggle is no different than ours.  Most of us struggle to find how we fit into the world.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 3:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Alita: Battle Angel

I loved it!  It doesn't give you all of her backstory and hints as something bigger for the next movie if they get to do it.  I thought there was plenty of action.  The best part of the movie, for me, was Alita trying to figure out who she was and how she fit.  She might be an android, but her struggle is no different than ours.  Most of us struggle to find how we fit into the world.

Cool!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 2:19 am

Just finished season 3 of Travelers.
It's a bummer to see it end after only 3 seasons but at least it was a good ending.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 8:45 am

Staybrite wrote:
It's a bummer to see it end after only 3 seasons but at least it was a good ending.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS!!!

While they have announced that the show is cancelled, there have been rumors that this was a setup to launch a total revamp of the show.  All the previous storyline was erased with Mac going back in time.  They could very easily find that humanity would still destroy itself and send people back but with different characters.  They hinted at that with the final scene when the Director terminated the first program and started the second one.  I would not be a bit suprised if this came back out in a couple of years with an all new cast.  They could string us fans along by allowing a few of the original actors and characters who would now be totally unaffected by Travelers to interact just as cameos.  It could be amazing.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 am

We just finished season 1 of Kingdom (that Korean historical/zombie show).  It's really good though I'm annoyed that the last episode didn't conclude ANYTHING.  Of course each episode ends on a cliffhanger - like all shows do nowadays to get people to binge-watch - but for the entire season to end on a cliffhanger with absolutely no resolution of the story???  Hmm...   Mad  Nonetheless, my wife and I are both looking forward to season 2.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:10 pm

kerrick wrote:
We just finished season 1 of Kingdom (that Korean historical/zombie show).  It's really good though I'm annoyed that the last episode didn't conclude ANYTHING.  Of course each episode ends on a cliffhanger - like all shows do nowadays to get people to binge-watch - but for the entire season to end on a cliffhanger with absolutely no resolution of the story???  Hmm...   Mad  Nonetheless, my wife and I are both looking forward to season 2.
I don't think I could watch that.  Looks cool, but I have the horror level of a 12 year old, which meant I struggled to get through World War Z!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS!!!

While they have announced that the show is cancelled, there have been rumors that this was a setup to launch a total revamp of the show.  All the previous storyline was erased with Mac going back in time.  They could very easily find that humanity would still destroy itself and send people back but with different characters.  They hinted at that with the final scene when the Director terminated the first program and started the second one.  I would not be a bit suprised if this came back out in a couple of years with an all new cast.  They could string us fans along by allowing a few of the original actors and characters who would now be totally unaffected by Travelers to interact just as cameos.  It could be amazing.

I expected that they might have left it open for that....but if they don't get the financing it won't happen.  Could be good....or horrible.  I did really like the end scene with Marcy and David meeting on the bus.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Fundy wrote:
kerrick wrote:
I don't think I could watch that.  Looks cool, but I have the horror level of a 12 year old, which meant I struggled to get through World War Z!

Sounds like you are describing me!  After watching a few seasons of the Walking Dead with my son I started to become desensitized to the zombie horror.  Heck I was even able to go through the Walking Dead exhibit at Universal Studios with him when we went last summer (basically a house of horrors with zombie made-up actors jumping out at you as you wander through a very dark, very realistic looking abandoned hospital).

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next