Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What are you watching? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 1:05 pm

lol!

It's definitely pretty gruesome, though the violence is all very quick and never focused on for very long at all.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5336
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
kerrick wrote:
We just finished season 1 of Kingdom (that Korean historical/zombie show).  It's really good though I'm annoyed that the last episode didn't conclude ANYTHING.  Of course each episode ends on a cliffhanger - like all shows do nowadays to get people to binge-watch - but for the entire season to end on a cliffhanger with absolutely no resolution of the story???  Hmm...   Mad  Nonetheless, my wife and I are both looking forward to season 2.
I don't think I could watch that.  Looks cool, but I have the horror level of a 12 year old, which meant I struggled to get through World War Z!

Sounds like you are describing me!  After watching a few seasons of the Walking Dead with my son I started to become desensitized to the zombie horror.  Heck I was even able to go through the Walking Dead exhibit at Universal Studios with him when we went last summer (basically a house of horrors with zombie made-up actors jumping out at you as you wander through a very dark, very realistic looking abandoned hospital).
Strewth, you wouldn't get me going through that for anything!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5336
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:21 pm

kerrick wrote:
lol!

It's definitely pretty gruesome, though the violence is all very quick and never focused on for very long at all.
I have watched a couple of zombie flicks in the past, but I can't handle them!  Still, I can cope with them better than the psychological horror films.

Maybe I'll stick with the Marx. Bros!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 8:56 pm

The Lord of the Rings trilogy Extended Editions. Recently finished them and moving on to The Hobbit trilogy 3D Extended Editions.

I apparently am one of those that if I see one movie of a franchise I then have to go ahead and see all of the others in that franchise. Otherwise it will not sit well with me. I also did that not too long ago with all of the James Bond 007 movies.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:46 am

Still watching The Grand Tour
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Last night...

A Good Day to Die Hard

I had heard fair and bad reviews of this and finally got to see it for myself. All in all it is a good movie,yet it just doesn't feel like a Die Hard Movie. The main thing that makes it part of the franchise is Bruce as John McClane. Plus they introduce his son...Jack. Change both of those characters and it is still a good action movie. The lower budget look of it makes me think it almost could have been a direct to video release.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Today...

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

It is a good movie and enjoyable,but I liked the 1st two better. It seemed to focus mainly on Toothless finding his mate and the journey for them to get together. Then it was a matter of bringing the trilogy to a close. The other thing seemed to be an aspect carried over from the last movie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23454
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:49 am

Bohemian Rhapsody

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Been trying to catch up a bit on the MCU over the last two weeks.

Avengers - 2012
Dr Strange
Avengers Age of Ultron
Captain America Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman Homecoming
Ant Man

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Been trying to catch up a bit on the MCU over the last two weeks.

Avengers - 2012
Dr Strange
Avengers Age of Ultron
Captain America Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman Homecoming
Ant Man
What did you think of them. My favs of those is Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man Homecoming.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 7:16 am

Spiderman was pretty good.  I like GotG, but they aren't my favorite.  Civil War was cool.  Loved Avengers and Age Of Ultron. Dr. Strange I had low expectations for, but ended up loving it.  Both the Ant Man movies were hilarious but good.  

For the most part, I am a Marvel movie and tv show nerd.

I just finished season two of The Punisher on Netflix.  It is sad that these shows are leaving Netflix.  After Jessica Jones season 3 comes, they are all done.  I think Disney will resurrect them all on Hulu when the merger ends.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 4:08 pm

I had tried to watch Civil War back when it was new (I'm more a fan of Captain America than any of the others)....and was instantly peeved because I didn't know who half the characters were (I hadn't seen Avengers Age of Ultron).  So it had been several years since I'd seen many of these movies.  
They are entertaining, but more than a bit formulaic.  Sometimes the plot lines (if you can call them that) are a bit too convoluted for their target audience.  Also get a little fatigued at the 15 minute fight sequences.
Of that batch of seven films I would say that Guardians, Spiderman, and Ant Man were the highlights.  Mostly because they offered something a little different than what seems to have become the standard for Marvel movies.

Still planning on re-watching Thor's second movie....than will watch for the first time Guardian's 2, Ant Man & Wasp, Thor-Ragnarok and the recent Avengers film.

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 am

Hunter Killer

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 12:50 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Hunter Killer

Any good?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:49 pm

I enjoyed it. Similar to Hunt For Red October, which I also rate 4 of 5. The special ops team part of it was a bit corny/cliched though.

kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 12:17 pm

My wife has mentioned how good the sitcom The Middle was so we watched the first few episodes together.  It's pretty good!  It's well written, has good characters, and is uniquely quite wholesome when compared to the majority of other similar shows.  It lasted for nine seasons which is pretty impressive in itself.  Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:45 pm

The Count of Monte Cristo

Sunshine

Galaxy Quest

kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:09 pm

^Sunshine's a good flick. Have you seen 28 Days Later? Same director and writer and IMO a much better movie, though a pretty hard-R rating.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 6:19 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Sunshine's a good flick.
It could have been much better. I didn't like all the bizarre (not sure how else to describe them) scenes that added nothing to the plot. Trying too hard to be artsy perhaps?
Quote :
Have you seen 28 Days Later?  Same director and writer and IMO a much better movie, though a pretty hard-R rating.
No. From the trailer, I don't think I'd enjoy it much.

kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Gotcha.  Something I really appreciated about Sunshine was how they changed genres toward the end of the film...
Spoiler:

Usually movies just stick to one genre and that's it.

28 Days Later is a really, really well done movie IMO.  Great acting, characters you care about, excellent cinematography and music (without being too contrived or forced), interesting social commentary, etc.  It was also quite revolutionary when it came out in terms of fast-moving "zombies" and such.  It's more of a drama than a horror movie, though it is quite intense and scary in parts.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 10:35 am

kerrick wrote:
Gotcha.  Something I really appreciated about Sunshine was how they changed genres toward the end of the film...
The plot was definitely good. I was surprised I'd never heard of the movie.

My only other complaint was I had a hard time believing these people were qualified to be "our last hope". Seemed too unprofessional, ragtag - not astronauts, military or tech-oriented.

Quote :
It's more of a drama than a horror movie, though it is quite intense and scary in parts.
It looked like it had more of the artsy editing that turns me off. I also don't need to see nudity or pointless gore. If the gore truly fits the plot like Hacksaw Ridge, for example, I don't mind it so much.

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 2:16 pm

I just finished up the latest season of The 100. While annoying as it is, I was hooked and wanted to see them all but it is basically the same season over and over.

1. War, teens save the day
2. Mortal enemies are now best friends or lovers.
3. Adults make stupid decisions that cost lives.
4. People keep defecting to the other side then come back to their original group.

It's the same thing all 5 seasons but I managed to watch the whole series.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 am

The first season of V that came out in 2010.  I loved the original miniseries when I was a kid and decided to give this a go.  I have one more episode of season 1.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 10:23 am

I enjoyed the V reboot from a few years ago. I assume it got cancelled because it was gone pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I enjoyed the V reboot from a few years ago. I assume it got cancelled because it was gone pretty quick.

They only got two seasons out of it.  That may have been by design as season one is capturing most of the stuff from the first miniseries.  They only have left out the WHY the Vees were here.  In the original, we learned they were here for food--to eat humans!  The second miniseries was to set up the desperate resistance and the war with the Vees.  Season two seems like it is setting itself up for that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next