Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 5:41 am

Growing up I had only two friends who were not from a split family! That's from my whole childhood as far back as I can remember. I had a truckload of friends over that time. Most were from split families. That's so sad ain't it. So it's fabulous to hear of couples who work to be happy and stick together through life's ups and downs. Weird thing is that now, I only know one couple who is divorced. They're all staying together...through infidelity and fighting and sickness and financial troubles...they just work it out and move on. Kinda cool that.
Happy anniversary Alldat. When I see the work my friends put in to their marriages, I know it's not a cake walk, but it's so very worth the effort. Love that you're married to your bestest friend. What more could a guy ask for. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Leaving for Tennessee tomorrow. 

Safe travels Mike.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 am

And while Mike is heading to Tennessee tomorrow, I'll be heading down to Texas for my wife's family reunion.  It's for her great-grandparents who had 10 children.  All of the original 10 have all passed but we still have our reunion to celebrate family  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
And while Mike is heading to Tennessee tomorrow, I'll be heading down to Texas for my wife's family reunion.  It's for her great-grandparents who had 10 children.  All of the original 10 have all passed but we still have our reunion to celebrate family  Very Happy

Wait, all 10 children have passed away but the great-grandparents are still alive?  Shocked

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Wait, all 10 children have passed away but the great-grandparents are still alive?  Shocked

Don't make me come up there  Fight
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 10:54 am

Staybrite wrote:

Don't make me come up there  Fight

lol!  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 2 BOSP
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 2 BOSP

TTCR!  (too tiny cant read)

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 4:57 am

Had a great, but short time in Tennessee! It was nice to see the family all together at the same time but because there were so many people there it was hard to fully visit with everyone I wanted to see. I was only at the reunion for a few hours. My sister cancelled at the last minute and did not show up. not surprising really and I don't know the reason she missed. But it was good to see everyone else.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 7:39 am

So we met my brother at Opry Mills mall yesterday after church for lunch.  We walked around with him and his wife for a while.  They have these weird giant plush animal scooter thingies for kids to ride for a nominal fee of course.  I joked that we should ride them.  Then we saw they were supposed to handle up to 00 lbs.  GAME ON!!!  We both rented one and motored all around the mall area that we were allowed to.

The funny part is that after we rode that other ADULTS were renting and riding as well.  I never saw any children riding them after that.  The lady at the kiosk renting them was laughing at me and my brother.  I guess she learned not to turn away any business because that sped her rentals up!

Random Ramblings - Page 2 66037350_10158688775370884_7872833520681353216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQn6PWu-wu6EYbLiBukgxM0KCpU3d-6yZxXRMkhCWtoqo7jQ6r-NQn95xiwRo4bZkLQiThDWrFMh8hex2Ha861Jv&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 am

Ha! That's awesome! I've seen those in our mall but sadly the mall is gone. The last time I was at Opry is was actually Opryland! That was a long time ago!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am

Now I want to ride on the psychotic looking animals.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Man you got me thinkin' about the Screamin' Delta Demon!

And the Wabash Cannonball!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Vacation in Canada was awesome.
But making the flight back hom at night is not fun.
I've a jetlag for days now.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 1:56 pm

That time change is tough, hope you get to feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Time for my annual concert trek. This time: Death Therapy!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 5:37 pm

^Nice!  I am jealous!  I saw them open for Red some time ago and they were great.  I hope you have a blast!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 6:59 pm

It should be an interesting show. They are headlining, but there’s a metalcore band and three emo/punk bands on the bill as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Ha! That's awesome! I've seen those in our mall but sadly the mall is gone. The last time I was at Opry is was actually Opryland! That was a long time ago!

MikeInFla wrote:
Man you got me thinkin' about the Screamin' Delta Demon!

And the Wabash Cannonball!

Opryland shut down back in 1997.  People still talk about it about how they miss it.  It may not have been Disneyworld, but it was a fun park.

I remember both of those rides well.  I couldn't do the Wabash Cannonball.  If I ride something that flips me upside down, I puke.  So, I stay off of those.  I had ridden the Screamin' Delta Demon many times, though.

When Opryland shut down, many of the rides were sold to other theme parks who reassembled them elsewhere.

Opry Mills, the mall that took the park's place, was really cool when it opened.  However, in 2010, the Nashville area got hit by some major floods.  The news media barely covered it as most Tennesseans just get busy rebuilding when tragedy strikes instead of looting and stealing like some major cities.  Opry Mills, being close to the river which was the source of the water for those water rides when it was a theme park, had over 10 feet of water flowing through it.  The mall took two years to reopen and had to be mostly redone on the inside.  When it reopened, many of the stores I liked did not come back.  You can tell that the mall is now designed for people mostly under 30.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 10:02 am

Aren't most malls that way now? I almost never go to them as there aren't many stores I care about.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 11:49 am

We still have a ton of malls here in Western Washington.  I probably head to our closest one maybe once a month....but there are few stores there I need.  Our local Target and JC Pennys are anchor stores in our mall and I hit them up for clothing stuff.  Also the only only decent Verizon store is in our mall....but that's probably about it...unless I get lured in by the sickly sweet smell of cinnamon rolls....Cinnabon you foul temptress.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 pm

We used to hang out at the Everett Mall and then when we got older we'd venture to Alderwood.  That was livin'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 2:32 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Vacation in Canada was awesome.
But making the flight back hom at night is not fun.
I've a jetlag for days now.

Where in Canada were you?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm

I got dinged by a speed camera almost a month ago and finally got the ticket today. Thankfully, I don't have any points on my license, but I wasn't happy about having to fork out the money. I can't contest it, but it wasn't that fast and it's at the end of a freeway where it transitions into a boulevard. Oh well, at least I know where the camera is now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Xid wrote:
We used to hang out at the Everett Mall and then when we got older we'd venture to Alderwood.  That was livin'.

Being a south-end kid myself we very seldom made it as far North as Alderwood Mall in the beautiful Seattle suburb of Lynnwood.
But we did enjoy watching the Almost Live crew make fun of you all (along with us....and themselves).

And to make fun of us South King County yokels they had this gem.  Kegger In The Field!

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next