Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2023-08-18

The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx Empty
PostSubject: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 am

CD
LP
CD / LP

I have to admit, this sounds pretty good. Good enough that I actually pre-ordered it directly from Roxx (I had vowed to never order direct again, and to always use Amazon for Roxx releases, but it wasn't showing on Amazon for this one). 

I also took the opportunity to order the second and third Latter Reign releases

A Glow In The Dark Age, PRINCESS PROJECT Re-issue On Roxx Records:
Album Release: March 22, 2024

Press Release / Roxx Records uncovers a long lost and out of print Christian metal GEM! Are you ready for the female fronted metal of Tammy Winters? What about guitars from Chris Steberl of PROJECT ALCAZAR? Not enough for you? What about a project featuring drums played by the Visual Time Keeper Robert Sweet (STRYPER) himself? Well get ready we’re taking you on another journey as we re-master and reissue A Glow In The Dark Age.

PRINCESS PROJECT was formed by Tammy Winters as she recruited Chris Stebrel who had originally wrote several of these tracks for his band ‘PROJECT ALCAZAR’, and Steve Theado also came aboard to write a couple songs for this project. Next Tammy would recruit the one and only Robert Sweet of STRYPER to record the drum tracks for this long lost recording. The result was A Glow In The Dark Age a 7 track album with heavy riffing, drumming and killer metal vocals.

Alas, like many amazing metal bands that tried to make a go of it in the mid 90’s the band would be very short lived. Never playing any live shows at all, and the only remnants of this classic band is the recording you are about to hear. A Glow In The Dark Age was originally only released on CD in 1996 in a very short run, and never has it been pressed to vinyl, until now.

Pre-orders will launch this Friday for the limited edition jewel case edition CD with full color 8 page lyric booklet. In addition, a very Limited ONE TIME pressing on vinyl A very special 140g heavy weight 45rpm orange colored vinyl limited to a 200 piece pressing and sure to become a collector’s item.

A Glow In The Dark Age track listing:

1. “Forgiven”
2. “Deliver Me”
3. “The Gate”
4. “Blood Brother”
5. “Serpents Son”
6. “Hatchet”
7. “Driftwood”
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 8:50 pm

It's a unique album.  Half of the songs have this kind of melodic metal sound (showcased in the video) and the other half are more industrial influenced.  I had the original album and I think I traded it to ... someone.

I really dig the music on this album (even the industrial sounding stuff) but I never could enjoy her vocals for some reason.

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 10:23 pm

Staybrite wrote:
It's a unique album.  Half of the songs have this kind of melodic metal sound (showcased in the video) and the other half are more industrial influenced.  I had the original album and I think I traded it to ... someone.

I really dig the music on this album (even the industrial sounding stuff) but I never could enjoy her vocals for some reason.

Wait....she sings too??? Twisted Evil

Kidding... mostly....yeah, they aren't the smoothest, and the lyrics are corny, but still something about the band keeps me listening to it.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 10:29 pm

Musically I could be okay with this but her voice is off putting. And that video is hilariously bad.

Normaniac and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 10:56 pm

What I don't understand is it's supposed to have Robert Sweet on drums, but that doesn't look like him in the video.

Am I missing something?

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2024 8:44 am

I noticed that too
Maybe he didn't want to be in the video.

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
What I don't understand is it's supposed to have Robert Sweet on drums, but that doesn't look like him in the video.

Am I missing something?

Black Rider wrote:
I noticed that too
Maybe he didn't want to be in the video.

It could be any number of reasons.  Since the original recording was done in the early to mid 90's it could be that Robert was only in the studio for a few days to do the recording and then headed back home (probably to another state)... so by the time they got together to shoot the video it was just too difficult/expensive to get Robert back.  Also they might have wanted to use the same person that would serve as live drummer for the band in the video shoot, etc.
I am pretty sure this is the original video footage (probably with the remastered music), because I remember seeing the video years ago.

Black Rider and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 8:24 pm

Not working for me.  She teases her hair way too much and her voice grates on my nerves.

Black Rider and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 1:34 pm

The video is typical 80s cheese where the band fakes a performance in any random location.  It's what you do when you want a video, want to be in it, and have little to no budget.  I didn't hate it and don't love it.  At least you can see what you are getting with the band.

As far as her voice, I don't hear anything off putting except for the amount of reverb they have on her vocal.  Using a little to fill empty spaces and make them seem like they are playing in a bigger venue is normal, but this creates a delay that makes it sound like they were trying to double or even triple her voice without tracking her vocal parts multiple times.  To me, she sounds like John Jett but singing for Lita Ford's band for the first couple of her solo albums.  Perhaps this is what the Runaways could have been if they had been more metal and got saved?

I ordered this along with the new Latter Reign and All For The King releases.  Sadly, I ordered them all together and won't get any until the final of the three release.  But, for a lower price, I can wait.

With those three and the new Seventh Day Slumber and Whitecross albums releasing this month, it is going to be very musical for me!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 5:43 pm

Ok, I wish I HAD NOT bought this.  The music is good, but the monotone voice all the way through grates on my nerves.  The band would be killer with a actual singer.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx   The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Princess Project CD/LP from Roxx
Page 1 of 1