Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phone thread

Go down 
+13
Pro-Zak
topshot rhit
Normaniac
MikeInFla
nazpastor
Hardkore
Staybrite
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
sabidoo
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1453
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Phone thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Hear hear.  I went from a flip-phone to the Samsung 3 to the S5 to a Pixel to a P3a.  A steady evolution of phone shibbiness!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 5:46 pm

I'm still content with my Moto G5 Plus on 8.1, but I'm not a tech snob (other than Apple inflexibility sucks - I refuse to use iTunes for anything thus won't own anything Apple) and am not a heavy user. I have no trouble with my battery lasting 3 days of casual use.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 8:02 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I'm still content with my Moto G5 Plus on 8.1, but I'm not a tech snob (other than Apple inflexibility sucks - I refuse to use iTunes for anything thus won't own anything Apple) and am not a heavy user. I have no trouble with my battery lasting 3 days of casual use.

My wife is still using her two year old G5+ that she bought unlocked at Target.  She likes it for the most part.  It has become a little laggy, but she can stop that by stopping all her apps and cleaning out her cache.

I have a nearly two year old Moto X4 and I am still liking it.  It still seems as fast as it was when i bought it.  The battery life is still really good.  When I bought it, I would drop about 20% throughout the day with medium use.  Now I will drop down to around 67% before I head home, so I know it won't last forever. 

Because I have loved my X4, I am looking at Moto for my next phone.  I am thinking either the G7 or G7 Power.  I haven't minded having an AT&T based Straight Talk phone, so I will probably just move my sim card from one to the other when the time comes.  I have enough points in my Shopkick app for $75 in gift cards that I can use on Amazon.  I have enough points with my Speedway rewards card to buy another $50 in gift cards.  $125 off my next phone would not hurt my feelings at all.  I may just go ahead and order this weekend so I can get this and get it set the way I want while I am off for Christmas.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 8:17 am

Samsung powered by Android, whatever that means...Have through Virgin Mobile.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 8:46 am

alldatndensum wrote:
My wife is still using her two year old G5+ that she bought unlocked at Target.  She likes it for the most part.  It has become a little laggy, but she can stop that by stopping all her apps and cleaning out her cache.

Because I have loved my X4, I am looking at Moto for my next phone.  I am thinking either the G7 or G7 Power.

I thought about the G7P for my wife because she plays Pokemon Go, which eats her battery and makes her G5+ lag. It does support the new 600MHz band T-Mobile has been rolling out, but the screen and other specs aren't as good as other G7 models though they don't support the new band (?!?!). Also, it is bigger yet again. It took a lot for me to go to G5+ and the G6/7 have both been larger. I'll keep waiting for the G8 series that will hopefully have a smaller version again AND support the new band.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 9:26 am

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Because I have loved my X4, I am looking at Moto for my next phone.  I am thinking either the G7 or G7 Power.

I thought about the G7P for my wife because she plays Pokemon Go, which eats her battery and makes her G5+ lag. It does support the new 600MHz band T-Mobile has been rolling out, but the screen and other specs aren't as good as other G7 models though they don't support the new band (?!?!). Also, it is bigger yet again. It took a lot for me to go to G5+ and the G6/7 have both been larger. I'll keep waiting for the G8 series that will hopefully have a smaller version again AND support the new band.

The bigger screen is what I want!  I don't see as well as I used to, and a larger display would definitely be a blessing.  The G7P is a 6.2" screen whereas my X4 has a 5 5.7".  Plus, I have big hands and a larger screen with larger buttons would make texting much easier.  Besides, the trend right now is for screens to be larger as people are watching more video, tv, and playing games on them, so I doubt Moto will come out with a smaller phone for the G8.  

I would like one of the new Moto Razrs, but I am not going to pay $1500 for it.  With those, you get a compact device that folds out to a much larger device.  I would so love it, but not at that price point.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 10:14 am

I have a moto z3, does what I need but it's not very cool.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 4:28 pm

So far this Moto One Action is kickin' butt! It was easy to move everything over from my G6 to this one. 128g of internal storage, 128g sd card so I am good to go. It even comes with a case in the box but it is a little slick. I searched for cases but there aren't very many since this is a new phone. Screen size is 6.2 and the video camera acts as a GoPro and has stabilization so now videos dont shake and you can record in portrait mode but it saves in landscape. Like it so far!

Here it is on sale:

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Action-Alexa-Push-Talk/dp/B07XLVK9WS/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=moto+action+one&qid=1577018890&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-2

And the G7 series:

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-G7-Alexa-Hands-Free-Unlocked/dp/B07N92347B/ref=sr_1_2?crid=6SJMVJ4XPGFL&keywords=moto+g7+amazon+prime+exclusive&qid=1577018935&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=moto+g7+am%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-2

I looked at all of those and picked the Moto One Action.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 5:11 am

This thread is hilarious. I'm in awe that y'all can keep these sorts of details in your head.
Here's me:
I have a phone.
It says Samsung on the front.
I have no idea what letter/number version it is.
I probably knew what it was when I bought it last year, but that information is lost in that part of my brain where all tech-info is stored and immediately lost.
It works.
I'm happy (and in awe of all you tech wizards).   : )
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 am

MikeInFla wrote:
So far this Moto One Action is kickin' butt! It was easy to move everything over from my G6 to this one. 128g of internal storage, 128g sd card so I am good to go. It even comes with a case in the box but it is a little slick. I searched for cases but there aren't very many since this is a new phone. Screen size is 6.2 and the video camera acts as a GoPro and has stabilization so now videos dont shake and you can record in portrait mode but it saves in landscape. Like it so far!

Here it is on sale:

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Action-Alexa-Push-Talk/dp/B07XLVK9WS/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=moto+action+one&qid=1577018890&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-2

And the G7 series:

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-G7-Alexa-Hands-Free-Unlocked/dp/B07N92347B/ref=sr_1_2?crid=6SJMVJ4XPGFL&keywords=moto+g7+amazon+prime+exclusive&qid=1577018935&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=moto+g7+am%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-2

I looked at all of those and picked the Moto One Action.

I know these are special phone deals for Amazon, but I don't see the need to have both Google AND Alexa installed.  Google can do everything on the phone that Alexa does.  It is unnecessary bloatware.  Whichever one I get, I will go into the app settings and disable that.  I don't need Audible either.

I will look into the Moto One series as I want to get back into recording my teaching videos.  I quit after my stabilizer bit the dust but have bought another brand and weights to help balance it.  Hopefully, this will work and get me back to doing my YouTube videos.  I just need a better name to help get people to watch.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5522
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Jen5 wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I'm in awe that y'all can keep these sorts of details in your head.
Here's me:
I have a phone.
It says Samsung on the front.
I have no idea what letter/number version it is.
I probably knew what it was when I bought it last year, but that information is lost in that part of my brain where all tech-info is stored and immediately lost.
It works.
I'm happy (and in awe of all you tech wizards).   : )
I'm with you!  I have an iPhone 6 or 7.  There's memory and a camera and all that.  It's just another piece of junk that I have to carry with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Another vote with Jen. I had to look up what my phone is and I got it this year.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 9:35 am

Black Rider wrote:
Another vote with Jen. I had to look up what my phone is and I got it this year.

Another self admitted old person siting!  Almost everyone except for senior citizens knows what their phone is.  You two are ready for the nursing home!

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5522
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 11:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Another self admitted old person siting!  Almost everyone except for senior citizens knows what their phone is.  You two are ready for the nursing home!

lol! lol! lol!

lol!  Nope.  I just don't give a rip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 9:06 am

Man, I'm ready, with my back hurting and lack of sleep, it sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 9:14 am

All jokes aside, the nursing homes we go to are gonna be rockin' places.  When you go, you will hear the old folks playing music they love.  It might be southern gospel or the music that was popular when they were younger.  If we do that, we will be rockin' out with the metal we loved as teens and the Christian music we've discovered since.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 2:51 pm

I have an LG G4....not the newest thing around for sure, but I love it. It will take up to a terabyte SD card, so I can have all my music on my phone. I like it way better than my work phone, which is an iPhone 6S Plus.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23454
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Hey, it's a rare "Bassdude" sighting!
Good to see you posting brother.  Hope all is going well for you and the family.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2019 4:25 am

Oi, who you calling old alldat! I'm just wired to be a user and don't take much interest in the details.
...now where did I put my teeth?
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 8:41 am

Staybrite wrote:
Good to see you posting brother.  Hope all is going well for you and the family.

Been ridiculously busy for the last several months, but hopefully I can get back to posting on a more regular basis now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 1:23 pm

bassdude wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Been ridiculously busy for the last several months, but hopefully I can get back to posting on a more regular basis now.

Great news.  Very Happy

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 7:25 am

Well it was time for a new phone. Had been using my Moto One Action since 2018. Since moving to Michigan we also changed providers from Straight Talk to Spectrum Mobile. They have a great deal if you have internet thru them $29.99 per line a month taxes included. 

My entire family (immediate and extended) all have iPhones. So I made the switch to the most basic iPhone, the SE. It’s a bit small but it does what I need it to do. I miss having an SD card but a lot of newer Android phones are doing away with them. Would’ve been nice to get a big iPhone but they are expensive and I didn’t want to pay a ton of money. 

Anyway, there is something odd going on. When I text someone with an Android phone the response arrives on my OLD phone, not this one (using it now to type this message). My old phone has no SIM card. But when it picks up a Wi-Fi signal it says I have a new message. 

So basically I text someone from my iPhone…. The reply shows up on my droid! Weird! No idea why this is happening.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 10:44 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Well it was time for a new phone. Had been using my Moto One Action since 2018. Since moving to Michigan we also changed providers from Straight Talk to Spectrum Mobile. They have a great deal if you have internet thru them $29.99 per line a month taxes included. 

My entire family (immediate and extended) all have iPhones. So I made the switch to the most basic iPhone, the SE. It’s a bit small but it does what I need it to do. I miss having an SD card but a lot of newer Android phones are doing away with them. Would’ve been nice to get a big iPhone but they are expensive and I didn’t want to pay a ton of money. 

Anyway, there is something odd going on. When I text someone with an Android phone the response arrives on my OLD phone, not this one (using it now to type this message). My old phone has no SIM card. But when it picks up a Wi-Fi signal it says I have a new message. 

So basically I text someone from my iPhone…. The reply shows up on my droid! Weird! No idea why this is happening.

Does it do this even when the old phone is off?

You might want to contact your new provider and see if they can help.  Either that, or Google your issue and see if you can find a fix.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 10:57 am

Yeah I have searched it and it does happen. It may clear itself up after a billing cycle. I texted someone yesterday and had my Motorola turned off. When I powered it up when I got home I saw his reply. So I texted someone else who uses Google Messages and the same thing happened! I’ll text you shortly and we will see what happens. I’m going to turn the phone off for now because with no SIM card it only works on Wi-Fi. We will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm

That sounds like Apple's way of trying to corner the market on cell phones.  I wouldn't put it past them for having something intentional that is incompatible with texting non Apple users.

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phone thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next