Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
kerrick
Hardkore
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread Empty
PostSubject: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 8:33 pm

So....I was thinking....but then it started hurting so I stopped...

Anyway...how about a thread where we post comments, questions, videos, pics..etc etc concerning monster movies? Like the Godzilla movies, the classic Universal Monster movies, 50s-60s atomic monster movies like Them, new movies like Pacific Rim, anything with monsters....

What do you think? Any fellow fans out there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Just to try and get everyone in the mood

Last edited by bought4life on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 pm

A brief look at the new Godzilla from the Godzilla Encounter at San Diego Comic Con..most links have been taken down

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:56 am

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:07 am

Wow, I see you've started to collected monsters here.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 am

bought4life wrote:
Any fellow fans out there?
cheers

I think I have seen all of the Godzilla movies ( minus 1 or 2) and am looking forward to the new one from the director of the movie Monsters. Loved Pacific Rim and will be getting it on video in about 2 weeks.

PR,Godzilla,Rodan,Mothra,Tremors,Alien,Mummy,Mimic,Predator,Creature from the Black Lagoon,King Kong,etc,etc.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Hardkore wrote:
How was Monsters?

I thought I was buying a variety pack with it last week, but it was the Asylum movie called MONSTER  (notice no s)..and it was BAAAAAAAAD.
A Cloverfield ripoff that I shut off after 20 minutes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Hardkore wrote:
bought4life wrote:
Any fellow fans out there?
cheers

I think I have seen all of the Godzilla movies ( minus 1 or 2) and am looking forward to the new one from the director of the movie Monsters. Loved Pacific Rim and will be getting it on video in about 2 weeks.

PR,Godzilla,Rodan,Mothra,Tremors,Alien,Mummy,Mimic,Predator,Creature from the Black Lagoon,King Kong,etc,etc.
Cool..I am a HUGE fan of Godzilla..and all the Japanese monsters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:43 pm

One of the best MST3k episodes ever was when they did Godzilla vs Megalon

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:51 pm

bought4life wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
How was Monsters?

I thought I was buying a variety pack with it last week, but it was the Asylum movie called MONSTER  (notice no s)..and it was BAAAAAAAAD.
I actually really liked Monsters.  I saw it once and haven't had a yearning to see it again so I don't know if I'd recommend buying it... but overall I thought it was really quite well done.  It's mostly a story about the characters which I appreciated.  I'd recommend at least renting it!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:08 pm

I really need to see more of the classic versions. The only one I remember seeing (all the way through) is The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:16 pm

I really liked this despite the fact that it had Wynonna Ryder in it (of course I like pretty much everything Gary Oldman has done). Can't believe it's been 20 years since I saw this.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:22 pm

^Ugh I couldn't stand that one!  It could be due to the high level of sexuality in it and that I watched it with my dad as a teenager...  Awkward.  But Gary Oldman is the man.  Such a great actor.  I hope you've seen Leon The Professional (aka The Professional which is the US-cut version, not as good)?  Gary Oldman is absolutely menacing and totally steals the show in that one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Ugh I couldn't stand that one!  It could be due to the high level of sexuality in it and that I watched it with my dad as a teenager...  Awkward.  
My brain is probably intentionally forgetting all that (I did see it before I was a believer). I do remember is was rather faithful to the original novel.

I have not seen Leon the Professional, but I will certainly see if I can find it.

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 8:40 pm

staybrite....I just watched the entire Universal Frankenstein Legacy Series this past week..plus 1

The Wolf Man (the plus 1, but it kinda ties in)
Frankenstein
Bride Of Frankenstein
Frankenstein vs The Wolfman
Son of Frankenstein
Ghost of Frankenstein
House of Frankenstein
House of Dracula
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Do zombies count as monsters?  If so, I just watched World War Z this morning.  It was quite good, and I liked the fact that they were not out to just eat more brains.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Do zombies count as monsters?  If so, I just watched World War Z this morning.  It was quite good, and I liked the fact that they were not out to just eat more brains.
 I would kinda think so yeah.

I haven't seen WWZ yet but it is in my Netflix "Q".
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:41 pm

kerrick wrote:
bought4life wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
How was Monsters?

I actually really liked Monsters.  I saw it once and haven't had a yearning to see it again so I don't know if I'd recommend buying it... but overall I thought it was really quite well done.  It's mostly a story about the characters which I appreciated.  I'd recommend at least renting it!
 I agree with Kerrick. It is mainly about the characters. I really loved it. I have thought about getting it  but will probably wait till the holidays when most the movies get reduced. I can imagine seeing it again but not that often.

I am a little curious about the sequel coming out soon.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=92013

Speaking of Cloverfield, that is one monster flick I will not see. I don't care for the shaky-cam type productions at all. Plus I heard that that one gave headaches and caused nausea to many of the viewers.

The only shaky like cam movie I can stand is Quarantine. In that the camera man is a professional news guy with the big shoulder rig. Being the "professional" he has had a bit of experience keeping the image fairly still so the image in the movie isn't quite as shaky.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:56 am

I assigned the 1929 Phantom of the Opera with Lon Chaney to my film music class this week, but the week before I actually found a version of Frankenstein from 1910 put out by Thomas Edison.  Both are silent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:22 pm

I agree Hardkore...I hate shaky cam movies..although Cloverfield was pretty good. 

Check this place out..

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
^Ugh I couldn't stand that one!  It could be due to the high level of sexuality in it and that I watched it with my dad as a teenager...  Awkward.  
My brain is probably intentionally forgetting all that (I did see it before I was a believer).  I do remember is was rather faithful to the original novel.

I have not seen Leon the Professional, but I will certainly see if I can find it.
Definitely check out Leon The Professional! Great flick. Yes, the Dracula movie stayed pretty close to the book but there were multiple unnecessary sex-scenes added (i.e. Dracula the werewolf doing Lucy in the graveyard, etc.). I dunno, to me it was definitely one of the book-was-better-than-the-movie cases.

Hardkore wrote:
I am a little curious about the sequel coming out soon.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=92013
No way! I had no idea there was a sequel in the works. Way cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am

kerrick wrote:
Dracula the werewolf doing Lucy in the graveyard, etc.
Ok..not having seen the movie, that line got me intrigued (and not for the reason you are probably thinking Fight )

Dracula WAS a werewolf....doing Lucy in the graveyard (which sounds cool Drac being BOTH vamp and werewolf)
or
Dracula AND the werewolf ...both doing Lucy in the graveyard (which then raises even more questions Evil or Very Mad  )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next