Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
kerrick
Hardkore
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

ROTFL Well if my memory serves me correctly... it was the former of the two options hahahaha. Though the latter would make for an interesting scene... perhaps a late-night HBO film? afro 
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:25 pm

This thread is getting a little to risque for the under 21 crowd....

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Yeah sorry... let's get it back on track... Speaking of werewolves, anyone see American Werewolf in London? Great flick and best in the werewolf genre IMO! The Howling is pretty good too and comes in a somewhat close second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Wow..been a LOOOONG time since I saw the American Werewolf In London movie...I liked it. Never saw the follow-up..

Never saw The Howling either..although honestly I may have and just don't remember because of all the stuff I was into at the time it came out.

Lon Chaney Jr is my favorite werewolf..period..but if I had to pick one BESIDES him..

I REALLY liked the movie Silver Bullet..thought it was very refreshing

Trailer

Full Movie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Staybrite wrote:
This thread is getting a little to risque for the under 21 crowd....
Embarassed 

Sorry sir...was just curious...

please don't beat me...again....No
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Yeah I never saw the follow up either. I remember when it came out and thinking it looked kinda lame and I don't think it got great reviews. The Howling is good though as I recall it's got some kinda kinky stuff in it too... (haven't seen it since I was in college so my memory is a bit fuzzy).

I've never seen Silver Bullet but will check it out!

Back to vampires, what are y'all's favorites? I was talking with a couple friends last night about such movies and one friend really likes Near Dark which I thought kinda sucked (minus an awesome Bill Paxton vampire). I enjoy The Lost Boys (which was filmed in my home town) and thought Fright Night was fun too (and the remake wasn't bad!). Salem's Lot was so-so IMO. I feel like I'm missing a really good one but can't think of it right now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Vampire movies are kind of like Zombie movies..just soooo many out there...

The Bela Lugosi Universal Dracula movies are my #1
The Christopher Lee Hammer Films Dracula movies are my #2

After that..some I really liked are...

Dracula: Dead And Loving It (comedy with Leslie Nielsen)
Embrace Of The Vampire (been in love with Alyssa Milano for like ever)
The Monster Squad
John Carpenter's Vampires
Van Helsing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 pm

kerrick wrote:
I recall it's got some kinda kinky stuff in it too
you are such a prude..
lol! 

If that kind of stuff bothers you, do NOT watch Embrace of the Vampire
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:24 pm

An American Werewolf in London was fantastic. I loved the dead friend who kept coming back to warn him. The special effects were really primo (for the time) and the subtle bits on humor gave the movie a little something extra. I will admit that it scared the bejeebers out of me back when it was new.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm

bought4life wrote:
Vampire movies are kind of like Zombie movies..just soooo many out there...

The Bela Lugosi Universal Dracula movies are my #1
The Christopher Lee Hammer Films Dracula movies are my #2

After that..some I really liked are...

Dracula: Dead And Loving It (comedy with Leslie Nielsen)
Embrace Of The Vampire (been in love with Alyssa Milano for like ever)
The Monster Squad
John Carpenter's Vampires
Van Helsing
Oh yeah I forgot about John Carpenter's Vampires! Ha, haven't seen that one since I was in high school. That's a good one. From Dusk Til Dawn used to be one of my favorite flicks too. That's a fun one.

And Leslie Nielsen is (was) the man. I remember really liking that one a lot too though haven't seen it for ages.

I haven't seen The Monster Squad but will put that on my list as it's considered a classic.

bought4life wrote:
kerrick wrote:
I recall it's got some kinda kinky stuff in it too
you are such a prude..
lol! 

If that kind of stuff bothers you, do NOT watch Embrace of the Vampire
Razz  What'd you call me?!? Wink

Staybrite wrote:
An American Werewolf in London was fantastic.  I loved the dead friend who kept coming back to warn him.  The special effects were really primo (for the time) and the subtle bits on humor gave the movie a little something extra.  I will admit that it scared the bejeebers out of me back when it was new.
Oh yeah the special effects in that were great! SO MUCH better than all the stupid CG nowadays. I assume you've seen John Carpenter's version of The Thing? Awesome special effects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Kerrick...no love for Van Helsing?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Oh, forgot about that one. Meh, saw it when it came out (gosh was that 2004 I think?) and thought it was fun but have had zero desire to re-watch it. It was ok though failed to really leave much of any lasting impression on me.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Back on Monday this week,went to see Pacific Rim again. I was out of town on vacation visiting relatives. They have a couple of dollar theaters there so went to see one. If I had more time I would have also seen WWZ and Riddick.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Nice!  That was a fun flick.  I haven't seen WWZ but Riddick was pretty good (assuming you like the others).

Anyone seen Ravenous?  That's a pretty good and unique vampire-ish movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:31 pm

kerrick wrote:
Nice!  That was a fun flick.  I haven't seen WWZ but Riddick was pretty good (assuming you like the others).

Anyone seen Ravenous?  That's a pretty good and unique vampire-ish movie.
Haven't even heard of it scratch 

But I am also WAAAAAYYYY behind...I still haven't watched the last Pirates of The Caribbean, the last Transformers, or Iron Man 3

In fact, I did a pretty massive concert dvd trade with someone and have only watched one them...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 am

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTccS-iagxWUdV88pPYcc-Fd1etsB2KwehtTRQLIxZs2KfuY4wavQ
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:51 am

When you lay down with dogs....you wake up with fleas.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:37 am

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Still one of my favorites

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 220px-A%26cfrank
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 11:38 pm

I don't think I've seen that one. I'll have to look it up at Netflix.

I have seen Abbott and Costello meet The Mummy tho'. Good times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:18 am

Hardkore wrote:
I don't think I've seen that one. I'll have to look it up at Netflix.

I have seen Abbott and Costello meet The Mummy tho'. Good times.
It is a classic... One of my favorite movies of all time. 

Once you watch it,  let me know what you think of it.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Shocked 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Well now,  that is kinda freaky. 

Reminds me a little bit of Eight Legged Freaks
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:13 pm

LOTR ain't got nothing on that spider…
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Just watched Pacific Rim on Blu-Ray. Saw it twice in the theaters. Heard/read where even tho the sequel has not been green-lit (yet), they are already working on the script.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next