Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
kerrick
Hardkore
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 am

Not a big Pacific Rim fan... Saw it once in the theater and that is good enough for me. 

Won't buy it on dvd, won't go see a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 am

bought4life wrote:
Well now,  that is kinda freaky. 

Reminds me a little bit of Eight Legged Freaks
I found a list of theaters that is showing this. The closest place to me is Atlanta. That is a 7 hour drive one way.If I was on vacation I might do it with a stay over night in ATL.

http://bigassspider.com/showtimes.php
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:55 pm

It's playing in my hometown!  Not sure I'm going to go see it though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm

It's playing in Philly...an hour and a half away. 

Not sure the aggravation of driving in the Philadelphia traffic is worth it.  Not to mention it is a midnight showing and Philly isn't exactly the safest place. Maybe if I had a group to go,  but definitely too many negatives to do on my own.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:59 pm

bought4life wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
I don't think I've seen that one. I'll have to look it up at Netflix.

I have seen Abbott and Costello meet The Mummy tho'. Good times.
It is a classic... One of my favorite movies of all time. 

Once you watch it,  let me know what you think of it.
Just saw it. Wow, that was cool. Not only was it Frankenstein but it also had Dracula,the Wolfman ,and a "cameo" by The Invisible Man.What made it even cooler was it had the actual actors that played the parts in their other movies, Bela Lugosi, Lou Chaney Jr., and Glenn Strange.I think Boris Karloff was the original Frankenstein but later Glenn Strange took over the role.

Now I feel inspired to check out all the other monster flicks I have missed over the years from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Hardkore wrote:
bought4life wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
I don't think I've seen that one. I'll have to look it up at Netflix.

I have seen Abbott and Costello meet The Mummy tho'. Good times.
It is a classic... One of my favorite movies of all time. 

Once you watch it,  let me know what you think of it.
Just saw it. Wow, that was cool. Not only was it Frankenstein but it also had Dracula,the Wolfman ,and a "cameo" by The Invisible Man.What made it even cooler was it had the actual actors that played the parts in their other movies, Bela Lugosi, Lou Chaney Jr., and Glenn Strange.I think Boris Karloff was the original Frankenstein but later Glenn Strange took over the role.

Now I feel inspired to check out all the other monster flicks I have missed over the years from them.
Glad you liked it Smile

Here is another great one

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:55 pm

The spooky Stooges episodes were always the best

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Well my next discs thru Netflix will be Tora!Tora!Tora! and Justice League:The Flashpoint Paradox. After that I will be on a Monster Marathon.

Gamera the Brave
Gamera : The Giant Monster
Gamera : Giant Monsters/Magic Serpents
Dracula
Son of Dracula/House of Dracula
The Mummy
Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein
House of Frankenstein
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Creature double feature
Lake Placid 3
Lake Placid : The Final Chapter

I checked Netflix and they don't have that Abbott and Costello meet The Invisible Man. I remember seeing the original Invisible Man (somewhat) recently. I wish I could see them meet up with him.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:41 am

Here is the Comic-Con teaser that came out last year for Godzilla.

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2013/12/GODZILLA-Trailer-ReEmerges
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:05 am

Word is the original Japanese Godzilla is coming back to theaters. I hope it comes out this way.I would love to see this on the big screen.

http://www.rialtopictures.com/godzilla.html
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 pm

OK,time to resurrect this thread back from the dead.

Found out a bit of news recently. Universal is doing a "Avengers-style" Monster Cinematic Universe for their movie monsters.

http://www.slashfilm.com/universal-monsters-cinematic-universe/

Quote :
It worked for Marvel and now Universal is hoping it works for their monsters. A new report says Universal Studios is in the early stages of creating “a substantial new production endeavor” which will “expand and unify” the Universal Monsters properties, including characters such as Dracula, The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, and Creature from the Black Lagoon. The initial architects of this endeavor are Alex Kurtzman, of Transformers, Star Trek and Amazing Spider-Man 2 fame, and Chris Morgan, who wrote the bulk of the Fast and Furious movies. Potentially, this means all of the above characters would get their own movies before teaming up for an Avengers-type finale.

First up is Dracula Untold coming out this October. It will be a prequel of sorts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_Untold

Next year it will be Victor Frankenstein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Frankenstein_%28film%29

Word is the following year will be The Mummy.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 12:40 pm

On a similar note, there will be a prequel to King Kong called Skull Island.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/26/king-kong-skull-island-movie_n_5623757.html

Quote :
During the Legendary Pictures panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, the production company announced plans to bring King Kong back to the multiplex.
Quote :
.@Legendary confirmed: feature film based on the famed Skull Island, the cinematic origins of another classic beast King Kong #LegendarySDCC
— Legendary (@Legendary) July 26, 2014
Quote :
Prepare to explore the mysterious and dangerous Skull Island. In theaters November 4, 2016. #LegendarySDCC #SDCC
— Legendary (@Legendary) July 26, 2014
In a press release following the panel, Legendary elaborated on the feature, which does not yet have a director attached:
Quote :
Previous works have touched on the island, but staying and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions. The film will be released on November 4, 2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread   The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The (un)Official Monster Movie Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3