Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What are you watching? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:14 am

My family and I re-watched one of our old favorites Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.  Gosh I love that movie!  So good.  Steve Martin and Michael Caine just rock it.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Since I was off work and stayed in off the streets due to the snow,I watched a few movies today.

Batman Returns
Batman Forever
We Are Marshall
Big Ass Spider
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:48 am

Red Dwarf Season 10

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 pm

My dad and I are gonna see Lone Survivor this evening.  I've heard good things!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:27 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Haven - Season 2

Another good show  Thumbs Up

I just finished the finale to season 4.

Is there a season 5? (or going to be a season 5)

Just came across this news feed...http://www.blastr.com/2014-1-28/more-troubles-are-coming-syfy-orders-super-sized-new-season-haven

Syfy wrote:

Good news, Haven fans -- we will definitely be getting a resolution to last season’s cliffhanger, plus a whole lot more.

Syfy has announced that Haven will be returning for a super-sized, 26-episode fifth season, which is essentially double the size of the previous 13-episode seasons. Though all the episodes will be in production, that doesn’t mean we’ll get to see the whole run any sooner.

The first 13 episodes are set to run this year, while the final 13 episodes will be scheduled to air in 2015. But, instead of it being seasons 5 and 6, it’s essentially seasons 5A and 5B. The report doesn’t say anything about this being the end, so it’s certainly possible the series could live on past 2015.
All the series’ main stars are also contracted to stick around, with Emily Rose (Audrey Parker), Lucas Bryant (Nathan Wournos) and Eric Balfour (Duke Crocker) are all expected to feature heavily in the extra-large season. Production on the Stephen King-based show is set to ramp up in the spring.

Despite being in its fourth season, the series’ risky move to dive head first into mythology the past two seasons worked, and the show actually showed gains in the crucial Adults 18-34 and 18-49 ratings demo. The last season ended with a 3 percent year-to-year increase in ratings. In Live +7 numbers, the show averaged 2.3 million viewers per week.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 pm

kerrick wrote:
My dad and I are gonna see Lone Survivor this evening.  I've heard good things!

Watched it last night.  We all liked it!  It was pretty difficult to watch in the sense that these were real people who lost their lives in such a gnarly way, but it was well done and very sobering.  I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 am

Finding Normal (it is a new PureFlix movie)

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:42 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Not on Netflix yet. They usually have the PureFlix releases.

kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am

I watched The Gift last night (a supernatural thriller directed by Sam Raimi with quite an eclectic cast!).  It was pretty good actually!  I like Sam Raimi's directing style, though this one was much more reserved than his typical stuff.  It was somewhat predictable but still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Hardkore wrote:

Just came across this news feed...http://www.blastr.com/2014-1-28/more-troubles-are-coming-syfy-orders-super-sized-new-season-haven

Syfy wrote:

Good news, Haven fans -- we will definitely be getting a resolution to last season’s cliffhanger, plus a whole lot more.

Syfy has announced that Haven will be returning for a super-sized, 26-episode fifth season....

Great news!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:29 pm

The Croods (funnier than I was expecting)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:58 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Not on Netflix yet. They usually have the PureFlix releases.

It just officially released to DVD yesterday.  For some reason, however, Lifeway Christian Stores was selling it a week ago and had a killer sale on it.  So, I snatched it up.  I don't think that Redbox will have it for a couple of weeks if they carry it at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Broken Arrow.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:55 am

Yesterday...

John Carter
Toy Story 3

This morning...

The Passion of the Christ
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:56 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Broken Arrow.
I haven't seen that movie in ages.  What did you think of it?

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:50 pm

New Job

It was a bit violent.
Special at the end of the movie.
When they were on the train with the bomb.
It was shooting and shooting.
Maybe there were playing to many people in this movie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:45 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
New Job

Never heard of that one, is it a new movie?

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

Riddick
Ender's Game
Les Miserables
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 am

Hardkore wrote:

Les Miserables

Which one?

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Les Miserables

Which one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Mis%C3%A9rables_%282012_film%29

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am

Metropolis (1927)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Les Miserables

Which one?

I didn't like the new version at all (however I am very critical of musicals and the vocal talent on the new film left much to be desired). I much preferred the the 1998 film version with Liam Neeson.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119683/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Les Miserables

Which one?

I didn't like the new version at all (however I am very critical of musicals and the vocal talent on the new film left much to be desired).  I much preferred the the 1998 film version with Liam Neeson.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119683/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I haven't seen that one yet. Didn't know that Liam did a version of it.This was the first time I had seen/heard Les Mis so i wasn't entirely familiar with it.

At times I think they should hire actual singers to do the musicals/movies. I have the Broadway CD for Phantom of the Opera and really loved it. Then I was looking forward to the movie directed by Joel Schumacher. While I loved the movie the vocal talent definitely lacked.

OK,I just added Liam's version of Les Miserables to my Netflix list . I'll give that one a whirl someday soon when it comes in.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:36 am

Hardkore wrote:

At times I think they should hire actual singers to do the musicals/movies. I have the Broadway CD for Phantom of the Opera and really loved it. Then I was looking forward to the movie directed by Joel Schumacher. While I loved the movie the vocal talent definitely lacked.

That's the rub right there. I think the film makers put vocal ability on the back burner for someone who can act in a film and has box-office appeal (I will readily admit that not all good vocalists can act). For an example of a good musical I would point to "Evita". While there was some mediocre singing in that musical as well, Madonna did a fantastic job as did Antonio Banderas. Also the actress who played Audrey in the 1986 version of "Little Shop Of Horrors" was amazing... she was also the same actress who performed the popular Broadway version.
FYI, the Liam Neeson version of Les Mis is not a musical.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm

^There is a DVD that I want to see ( I might even buy it) for The Phantom of the Opera that was filmed at the Royal Albert Hall. Basically the musical production with the actual singers but performed on a stage. Maybe they should do something like this with Les Mis ,or have they?.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2077886/

OK,wait, I just came across this...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754109/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next