Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My 2nd Shower Rant

Go down 
+3
deathisgain
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 2:33 pm

So I'm at my son's girlfriend's baby shower, and I really don't understand why. When did these things become co-ed ? And WHY !!??
Men have NOTHING to offer to these things. 
"Just don't go" you say ? Sure, and incur the cold shoulder as the "uncaring insensitive husband/Dad" ? 
All that goes on at these things are women using words like "dilation" "C-section" "labor" and other words I can't say here. They open 70000 presents and all the ladies go "awwwwww" after each one. There's a handful of men here all looking uncomfortably out of place, being forced to play games that are very estrogen influenced.
What happened to the good old days when women had THEIR events, and men had THEIRS ? 
This is the second one I've been dragged to, and I'm just wondering how far this whole "integrating" thing is gonna go ? What else is next ? Merging Bachelor and Bachelorette parties ?

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha....sucks to be you!  
One of my wife's pageant girls is getting married this spring....my first comment was "I don't have to go right?"  You have got to put your foot down and set a precedent, or run the risk of becoming wussified.
lol!

Guilty/Forgiven

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 6:06 pm

I feel so emasculated Sad  Laughing
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 pm

I go for the food. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 pm

I've been to some co-ed baby and wedding showers.  They suck royally.  No man should be made to endure these horrific events.  I would also add that we have no business at children's birthday parties other than our own.  Only then are we to be there due to needing to do manly thinks like run the grill or fix something.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 8:48 am

I totally disagree with everything expressed here. A man SHOULD go to baby showers and the reason being is... Aw heck, I can't go any further. I'm making myself sick! I totally agree that we shouldn't be dragged to baby showers, etc. and I definitely don't let my wife drag me to such things. I went to just one in my life and that was because the family hardly had any friends and had some serious financial hardships so I went for that and so my friend who was the dad to be wasn't alone. cheers
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 3:32 pm

I agree

Quote :
They suck royally.

THIS
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 am

I'm proud to say I have never been to one and probably will never go to one.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 am

My best friend and his wife invited Veronika AND ME to their baby shower. Eh, it'll just be an excuse to drink beer and talk about guns while the womenfolk do their thing. I'm sorta looking forward to it! Plus her mom is hosting it which means there will be epic food there.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Neither of ours were co-ed.  I do remember in my naivety thinking I was expected to go since it was my baby too, but when I said something about being there, my wife just looked at me like I'd offered to post the birth video on Youtube or something.  Dodged that bullet.  What is it about tiny clothes that makes women go all teary?  "Oh, look at these cute burp cloths with the little duckies on them.  He'll love it!"  Yeah, he'll love to spew half his lunch on it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 3:13 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My 2nd Shower Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Shower Rant   My 2nd Shower Rant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 2nd Shower Rant
Page 1 of 1