Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Random Ramblings - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:17 pm

How'd it go Chris?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23454
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Jen5 wrote:
How'd it go Chris?

I hear he doesn't want to talk about it because the entire troupe got booed off the stage.  affraid

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 9:22 pm

As if! Would never happen. Those southern folks are just too polite.    Smile
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 9:35 pm

I thought it was us Northern Canadians that were more polite, eh? Sorry...

On another note, life is strange sometimes, if not often. (Yay for vague posts Smile)
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Strange is good. It's also interesting...and in your case, m-y-s-t-e-r-i-o-u-s  
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm just wondering how I managed to recently end up in a mutual attraction with someone I've known for 4 years, only for her to be suddenly accepted to a school 10 hours of driving away from here, for the next 4 years, while her plan B was to come study here...

...so we're not going to be official any time soon, much as we like each other. Oh well. I can only trust God knows what He's doing, because I sure don't know. Can't go wrong to wait on it and grow in the meantime; if it's meant to be, it'll be, if not it won't be.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 pm

A similar thing happened to me. At the time, I was very sad about it and stunned that this friendship-become-attraction was being torn away. It seemed very wrong to me and I couldn't understand it, but in the end (after a lot of resistance on my part), I realized that it was the right thing for both of us. I know that absolutely. I have zero doubt that it was the right thing. I think your trust in God is the wiser, gentler path.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:53 am

Jen5 wrote:
How'd it go Chris?

The show went great this weekend.  The audience is laughing in the right places and they seem to be clapping their hands to some of the faster tunes.  I assume they can hear us, but the people that are running sound are clueless as we can't hear the music through the monitors at all.  I am literally hoping that I am playing something that fits. lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 am

Driven wrote:
I'm just wondering how I managed to recently end up in a mutual attraction with someone I've known for 4 years, only for her to be suddenly accepted to a school 10 hours of driving away from here, for the next 4 years, while her plan B was to come study here...

...so we're not going to be official any time soon, much as we like each other. Oh well. I can only trust God knows what He's doing, because I sure don't know. Can't go wrong to wait on it and grow in the meantime; if it's meant to be, it'll be, if not it won't be.

Well... as someone who successfully did the whole long-distance thing with a lady on a different continent... I say to not let that get in the way (assuming that's the only reason why you two wouldn't pursue something).  Since it sounds like you already have a solid foundation and are long past the getting-to-know-you stage, this is perfectly feasible - especially with skype, email, texting, calling, etc.  Also, if you give it a try and later you decide to break up, at least you won't have the "what if?" in the back of your mind.  I've heard of those harming future relationships when someone wonders what could've happened with that special person who they "let go," etc.  Something to consider anyways.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 pm

kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

Well... as someone who successfully did the whole long-distance thing with a lady on a different continent... I say to not let that get in the way (assuming that's the only reason why you two wouldn't pursue something).  Since it sounds like you already have a solid foundation and are long past the getting-to-know-you stage, this is perfectly feasible - especially with skype, email, texting, calling, etc.  Also, if you give it a try and later you decide to break up, at least you won't have the "what if?" in the back of your mind.  I've heard of those harming future relationships when someone wonders what could've happened with that special person who they "let go," etc.  Something to consider anyways.

On the other hand, as far as I understand, you had a job and were out of school then, and I'm assuming your wife did too. We're both going to be in school for the next 3-4 years, and neither of us is planning on changing schools (also a dangerous thing if things between us were to fall out), so not much can develop until we graduate. It would still be easier than for my friend from around here who met a Swedish girl while they were in Israel... in the '90s when they had to mail cassette tapes across the ocean Razz

That said, I've started to look into internships and coop positions in that area Very Happy They're only 4 months at a time, and being from way out here I may have less chances of getting in, but hey, it's worth a try.

Ah well, in God's timing.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Veronika was still in school in Barcelona working on her PhD and I was just working.  We had it pretty good though because I was able to work remotely from Spain for a bit and we were both able to visit each other with some regularity - and that only lasted for about a year, not four!

I guess I'm a hopeless romantic in some areas... but I just hate the idea of something good not happening because of things like school or work!  And actually in our case, that's sorta what happened.  She was midway through her schooling when we met and I encouraged her to continue on - which pushed back our wedding and took up a lot of time during the first year of our marriage.  In retrospect, she wishes she had just ditched the schooling.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt of course, but if you've got something good going on, don't let it go!  If you guys had just met, it'd be one thing - because IMO you need that time early on to get to know one another, but since you're past that already, I'd think it's certainly doable.  Then again, I don't know your specific situation better than you obviously so you'll be the best judge of that.  Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Today I was finally able to take all my tarps that we used for the kids to sit on while we were on the mission trip to Memphis and wash them all down.  We had around 40 kids daily at our day camp we were doing.  Their lunch was provided for them, so we'd have them sit on tarps instead of the dry dusty ground.  Even then, my tarps got NASTY!!!  So they have all been hosed down and are hanging on my clothesline to dry.  They are all ready for next year!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Today I was finally able to take all my tarps that we used for the kids to sit on while we were on the mission trip to Memphis and wash them all down.  We had around 40 kids daily at our day camp we were doing.  Their lunch was provided for them, so we'd have them sit on tarps instead of the dry dusty ground.  Even then, my tarps got NASTY!!!  So they have all been hosed down and are hanging on my clothesline to dry.  They are all ready for next year!

I didn't know you were in the tarp cleaning business. I'll call you next time I have tarps to clean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 pm

kerrick wrote:
Veronika was still in school in Barcelona working on her PhD and I was just working.  We had it pretty good though because I was able to work remotely from Spain for a bit and we were both able to visit each other with some regularity - and that only lasted for about a year, not four!

I guess I'm a hopeless romantic in some areas... but I just hate the idea of something good not happening because of things like school or work!  And actually in our case, that's sorta what happened.  She was midway through her schooling when we met and I encouraged her to continue on - which pushed back our wedding and took up a lot of time during the first year of our marriage.  In retrospect, she wishes she had just ditched the schooling.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt of course, but if you've got something good going on, don't let it go!  If you guys had just met, it'd be one thing - because IMO you need that time early on to get to know one another, but since you're past that already, I'd think it's certainly doable.  Then again, I don't know your specific situation better than you obviously so you'll be the best judge of that.  Smile

Again, we'll see. Ultimately, it was her call to say maybe and not yet, but in time we'll see how that goes. Currently, she's gone hiking in Europe, so we have some time to think. Things all happened rather suddenly on the acceptance-to-school front, about two weeks before she was due to leave for her hike, and about 3 days before I went to go visit her and her parents for a weekend. We saw each other the next weekend, too, for a friend's wedding, and while we genuinely enjoyed hanging out, there was a lingering pain of what could've been. Again, all I can really do is wait on God and see how things go (and look for internships in her area, or even in my hometown, which is sort of close Very Happy).

Remind me, how'd you two meet again? (And feel free to shoot me a message here or on The Facebook if you wish to go off air Wink)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:17 am

Got a four hour meeting coming up tomorrow  Shocked
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am

Jen5 wrote:
They may boo ya, but they'll do it with a smile and a "bless your heart, Sweetie."

Went to Tennessee for vacation a couple of weeks ago.  It's always good to get back to the land of sweet tea, manners, pleasant accents, and changing topography.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 am

Wilson Pickett.  That is all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Got a four hour meeting coming up tomorrow  Shocked

I'll be praying for you.
We have a monthly partner meeting that is scheduled for an hour....and commonly goes over 3 hours.  Not fun at all.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm

I realized that poor sweet babies are being stripped from their parents while being held in cages.  It made me sad.  Then I realized that these babies are delicious and bowed my head to thank the Lord for my chicken nuggets!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:01 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
They may boo ya, but they'll do it with a smile and a "bless your heart, Sweetie."

Went to Tennessee for vacation a couple of weeks ago.  It's always good to get back to the land of sweet tea, manners, pleasant accents, and changing topography.

...and grits. Don't forget the grits.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

...and grits. Don't forget the grits.

We'd like to forget the grits.  I can't stand them.  You might as well be eating plaster with some butter.  Nasty!

For the record, I don't like oatmeal or cream of wheat, either.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Seriously?!  affraid
But oatmeal is SO good
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5522
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Seriously?!  affraid
But oatmeal is SO good
In cookies with chocolate chips.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:42 pm

No Xid. No. With cinnamon and raisins cooked in milk with a wee spoon of brown sugar to serve. Best breakfast on a winter morning ever.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:30 pm

I eat my oatmeal with diced apples (that have been sauteed in butter) along with dried cranberries, cinnamon and brown sugar.  Oh boy that's good stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next