Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Evans and Stokes out September 25th

Go down 
+9
KellyM
JLE3
ChristTrekker
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Xid
Staybrite
Normaniac
Jen5
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 am

JLE3 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
No, you're not that old, so stop talking like you're 40-odd going on 80-odd when you're actually young enough to take on a bear with a sword! Sheesh!

It sounds like there is either some bizarre true account, or hilariously made up story to go with that statement.

So here is the full story...

About two years ago my son bought this ridiculous sword with his Christmas money. It was like $250 and such a dumb thing to waste his money on. I was a little disappointed in him to be honest. If you watch Games of Thrones it was a replica of Jon Snow's sword in the show (the sword named Longclaw). When the sword arrived in the mail I have to admit that I was the first one to start waving it around in the front yard (it was too big to do that in the house). So yea it's a pretty neat sword and I was a little jealous. I mean, buying a huge sword is dumb until you actually have the sword and get to wave it around in your yard like a fearless warrior...then it seems like a really good purchase. Smile

Anyway...

One day my son left the garage door open at night and a black bear came in, took a big bag of trash from our trash can, and dragged it into our backyard where he started tearing it apart. I went out to my car for something and heard this noise in the back yard. I turned on the lights and saw the bear. I then came back into the house, grabbed 'Longclaw' and went back outside. My son took a short video of me in the driveway yelling at the bear while wielding Longclaw and scaring him away.

I sent that short video clip to Jen and that's what she was referring to. So yes, it is a bizarre but true story.

Oh man that is fantastic!!!  Shocked Shocked
I am so glad I asked.   Now where is that video?  lol!

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Long gone. New computer, new phone, and I think I sent it to Jen via a work dropbox I deleted. You'll just have to take my word for it that I am extremely brave. Bear have gotten into our trash nearly every year so I'm sure it will happen again.

Funny thing is that I do have a decent sized arsenal at home but instead of grabbing one of the ARs, shotguns, or pistols I went right for the sword. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Sword fighting a bear is more manly.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Xid wrote:
Sword fighting a bear is more manly.

LOL. It is. But in reality if you happen to see a black bear, just yell 'Boo!" and it will run away.

But you've got Grizzly bears in MT XID. You better get yourself a giant sword.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 2:52 am

JLE3 wrote:
But you've got Grizzly bears in MT XID.

Which is why I don't go outside.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 10:44 am

I am almost done with Beyond The Gates.  There are more light songs on this than I expected.  This definitely comes off as a more symphonic, gothic sound.  I don't typically like this kind of metal, but this is well done.

The guitar work is excellent.  John has truly tried to use his playing skills to paint a tapestry of sound to match the feeling of Jen's voice.  

Jen's voice is reminiscent of Stevie Nicks to me.  I would like to hear a tad more aggression in the future as there are also some Doro Pesch tonal qualities that could be used without being a copy cat or clone.  If the song needed more urgency, then adding a bit of grit and gravel at times could give you this.  This is by no means a slam--just a suggestion.  What you have done stands on it's own, Jen.

I can't wait to listen to Children Of God.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 12:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am almost done with Beyond The Gates.  There are more light songs on this than I expected.  This definitely comes off as a more symphonic, gothic sound.  I don't typically like this kind of metal, but this is well done.

The guitar work is excellent.  John has truly tried to use his playing skills to paint a tapestry of sound to match the feeling of Jen's voice.  

Jen's voice is reminiscent of Stevie Nicks to me.  I would like to hear a tad more aggression in the future as there are also some Doro Pesch tonal qualities that could be used without being a copy cat or clone.  If the song needed more urgency, then adding a bit of grit and gravel at times could give you this.  This is by no means a slam--just a suggestion.  What you have done stands on it's own, Jen.

I can't wait to listen to Children Of God.

Thanks Chris.

On Beyond the Gates there was a lot of experimentation and learning. It was our first go at everything...writing, recording, mixing, mastering, etc. In my opinion Children of God is miles ahead of it. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Yay! So glad you're giving our tunes a listen, Chris. Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn't agree more. I've been working on better grit-n-gravel-control for months. I've never listened to much Doro (My bad. I know she's the queen), but I'm remedying that as I type. Thank you youtube. Got "Rule the Ruins" playing right now.   : )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2019 12:23 am

Love me some Doro, she is easily one of my favorites.

PostSubject: Re: Evans and Stokes out September 25th   Evans and Stokes out September 25th - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evans and Stokes out September 25th
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4