Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Coool...but I couldn't close my eyes cause I love watching a drummer.    Smile

Woke up to no water in the house. None. Not a drop. Very very strange.

Did you figure out what happened to your water?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I have more Resurrection Band/Rez Band/Rez releases on vinyl than CD  Shocked

Originals, or have any of the LPs been reissued?

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Maple syrup is life.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Coool...but I couldn't close my eyes cause I love watching a drummer.    Smile

Woke up to no water in the house. None. Not a drop. Very very strange.

Did you figure out what happened to your water?

Did someone say maple syrup? Some maple syrup would make all this better...

When I left the house this morning I discovered the source of the problem. There was a 10 inch mound about 6 feet in diameter, formed on my front lawn! That suggests a ruptured pipe. Groan. AND, because it's on my side of the fence, it's my problem, not the Council's. I envision a digger, a new retaining wall, some ruined trees, and a big bill to pay. I rang a plumber this morning. He said he could come after lunch. In the meantime, the house is without water. No shower (yuck). No toilet (even yuckier). No drinking water. Sigh.

So, now I'll just dream of Andre's maple syrup and hope this gets sorted quickly.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Oh bummer, not cool at all.  Hope you can get it fixed quickly and with a minimum expense.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 5:09 pm

I went in to this water problem with a history of bad luck with plumbers (oh the sagas I could tell), but I put out a call to some friends to recommend one and they came through for me. This plumber was SO good. He spent 40 minutes poking the ground and getting down to put his ear to the ground to listen for a leak. Then, when he dug (which was actually quite a long way from the massive mound that had formed in the lawn), he got the place right on the first hole. I've seen lawns completely ruined by this sort of problem. Not this guy. God bless him forever. Such a sweetheart.

What he found was the pipes had ruptured. So he mended that. Thank you sir, but he found that it had been previously patched (that's what gave way) and the power line that runs through the same spot had also been patched as though someone had dug down two feet and cut it with the shovel. And that patch to the electrical cable is dodgy. So now, I have to call in a sparky to come check out the wiring.

Bless the plumber for getting it right and saving me a truckload of money, but sigh.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 8:07 pm

That's (relatively) awesome! If only all plumbers were that good...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Indeed! The last plumber I had in managed to connect all of the upstairs plumbing (including the toilet) to the hot water supply!! Funny, but also a little disturbing. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 6:17 am

Driven wrote:
Maple syrup is life.

And is a natural laxative, too!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 10:05 am

Staybrite wrote:

All originals.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:

All originals.

Oh wow, that's pretty kewl!

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Oh the irony.....they sent me, the newly diagnosed diabetic, to get donuts for our staff meeting this morning.....I should have come back with a bunch of broccoli....that'll fix it!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm

bassdude wrote:
Oh the irony.....they sent me, the newly diagnosed diabetic, to get donuts for our staff meeting this morning.....I should have come back with a bunch of broccoli....that'll fix it!

I would have brought one of these.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Veggie10

Hardcore Christian

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2018-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Just visiting............
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Just visiting............

Come by any time.  Very Happy

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Staybrite wrote:
bassdude wrote:

I would have brought one of these.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Veggie10
Funny....but I would have had a riot on my hands.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:49 pm

This is kind of bizarre.  I am off work this week, and so yesterday decided to catch a matinee showing of the new Avengers movie.  Guess it must have been due to being a weekday, but NO ONE else was in the theater.  Had the entire place to myself.  It felt kind of awkward, particularly during funny moments in the movie when nobody else was laughing.  Plan to see it again this weekend when (hopefully) the theater will be full instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 5:02 am

Dynamis wrote:
This is kind of bizarre.  I am off work this week, and so yesterday decided to catch a matinee showing of the new Avengers movie.  Guess it must have been due to being a weekday, but NO ONE else was in the theater.  Had the entire place to myself.  It felt kind of awkward, particularly during funny moments in the movie when nobody else was laughing.  Plan to see it again this weekend when (hopefully) the theater will be full instead.

That happened to me one time when I went and saw one of the Halloween movies. Forget which one, this would have been mid or late 90's (one of those that Dimension Films did, I am thinking it was Part 5 or 6). Was creepy sitting in there all alone. If I would have left would the keep playing the movie or turn it off?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 9:16 am

House in Texas is finally sold and now has a new owner.  I hope that they enjoy it and the neighborhood as much as we did  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Congratulations Jeff. That must be a relief.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Congratulations Jeff. That must be a relief.

Especially since we don't have to pay the mortgage now  cheers
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 6:54 am

What a good news TTDR, that the house in Texas is sold now.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Today was a productive but fun day for me.

I started off going for breakfast with my wifey.  When we got home, I finished up the decorative pallet that I have made for her.  It is stained with a mixture made from vinegar & steel wool.  We are loving the coloration!  I left it sitting in the sun to dry and it has really pulled the grain of the wood through the stain.  It's awesome!

I then sprayed a protective gloss on a painting that my youth group and I did for our Easter party.  We all took paint in little cups and slung it all over the canvas.  We then kept turning it to make it run until it dried.  This blended the colors some.  I also added some glitter to the protective gloss.  I then sanded down a wooden cross I bought so that it would be super smooth.  I used the same vinegar stain from the pallet on this cross.  It turned out great!  I still have to clear coat it with polyurethane and then glue it to the canvas.  The print will say, "The cross makes our mess beautiful."

I spent a couple of hours in the studio working on mixing.  I got one track remixed and started on another.  I decided that I needed more volume from my guitar solo but couldn't fix this as the fader on that track was maxed out.  So, I started recutting the lead break with more volume.  I almost got it done but don't know when I will be able to complete this.

Then, I went to a friend's house to work on suome music for the play I am doing in June called Went There Wuz.  It is a redneck spoof of The Wizard Of Oz.  I am playing bass in the bluegrass band that all the characters will perform with.  I will also be singing a couple of the songs live.  We are recording everything so we can sell CDs of the soundtrack at the shows since it is an original play.  We worked for about 3 1/2 hours.  We got a little over half the songs done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 3:25 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Seattle traffic is a lot worse than it was last time I was there.  Bumper to bumper, stop and go from just North of Seattle all the way to Olympia.  That's about 70 miles of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next