Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce

Go down 
+7
unworthy
Guilty/Forgiven
mr.electric40
Follower of Jesus
dale434445
alldatndensum
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:33 am

I understand "buying the March", it's the "taking someone at their would" that lost me ROTFL 

Quote :
I don't agree with questioning it out in the open like he did, but hey, like I said earlier, it doesn't really matter
Agreed.

And Gary, I'm with you 100% - just in a silly mood this morning and felt like rib jabbing you. I realize that was a serious post, sorry for making light of the spell-check thing... but you gotta admit, there are some funny "corrections" going on there Smile
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

I would very much like to put this behind us too. Thanks guys! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about "buying March" is a perfectly cromulant phrase.

Yeah, I did that post on my phone before leaving for work this morning. For some reason the "ottokorrekt" (auto-correct) function does not work worth beans when I am posting on a message board (it works fine in e-mail, texting, and facebook though...go figure). I would have just waited until I was sitting at my CPU at work, but wanted to get it said before we started going at each other like a buch of 14 year olds at the CMR or Firestream (oops did I say that part out loud).
silent 

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 pm

I have the same issue with autocrap when i am posting to CHM with my cell.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 am

How long does it usually take for shipping from Retrospect?  I've only ordered from them twice before and have forgotten.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 am

I don't remember the exact time, but it always seemed like it was pretty prompt.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 am

just to beat the dead horse I would like to put in my two cents... I think that FoJ was treated with entirely too much animosity for what was said... Smile... and I agree with him in principle but also with the rest of what was said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

Covering all your bases, unworthy? Laughing 

My biggest issue was that this is NOT the section of the forum dedicated to theology. I purposely don't go into theology sections on other forums or into The Word section here. When I want that kind of input, I will seek out people I know and trust personally in my day to day life. So I really don't want it following me into a thread dedicated to music, especially when done by someone who I have no idea who he is and they have no idea who I am, other than just a user name in a forum. Talk about a good way of offending someone.

This is a music thread, if someone wants to make a  religious statement, they should post it in The Word section or use private message.

Just like I don't want to hear opinions about Bride's religious views in a music thread, I really don't want to hear people's views about copyright laws vs the Bible in a music thread either.

and you are right..it is beating the dead horse
Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 Downlo10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 Deadhorse2

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 Beating-a-dead-horse

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 ImagesqtbnANd9GcQExiNtWhReWdTBZb5C4

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 Deadhorse2
alldat, can you PLEASE add that to the forum's Emoticons...that is awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I actually liked the one with the lego storm troopers better.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:53 pm

I finally got my order from Retrospect.  The sound quality on some of these are pretty bad as whoever produced these did not try to remaster at all.  These CDs are burned discs even though the packaging looks pretty good. But, it will be great to have some of these titles on more than just a CD-R that's been transferred from cassette.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 pm

See..I never had any issues with the sound. There are some that sound like they are right from the cassette though. But like you said, the packaging looks pretty good and it is nice to have them this way versus a cdr I make myself.

Let me know how the Follower is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:02 pm

As for shipping, I think 12 days to have an order arrive is pretty quick.

The guy who runs Retrospect, BTW, also runs the Rocklahoma event
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 am

bought4life wrote:
See..I never had any issues with the sound. There are some that sound like they are right from the cassette though. But like you said, the packaging looks pretty good and it is nice to have them this way versus a cdr I make myself.

That's the issue--I have a CD-R of Dual Edge that I took straight from cassette.  I borrowed the tape from Pastor Bob Beeman and transferred it to CD-R for both of us.  The CD I bought sounds EXACTLY like my CD-R copy.  They could have used even the most basic audio cleaning program and made this sound better.  When I ripped these to MP3 (not quite done yet), I normalized the tracks and even those sound better than the CD.  I may run all of this through my Audio Cleaning Lab software that I haven't used in years.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Quote :
While you can tell that this was taken from a cassette recording, this is a solid release.  If you are into bands like early Liason, Idle Cure, or Chase, then this is good melodic rock.  The background vocals are tight, and the rhythm section knows how to play to the song and stay tight.  Seeing that I had never heard this band before, I am extremely glad to have this in the coolection.

I am listening now to Angel X.  This is another one I am glad to have in the coolection.  After the normalization during ripping, both the Follower and Angel X sound better.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
While you can tell that this was taken from a cassette recording, this is a solid release.  If you are into bands like early Liason, Idle Cure, or Chase, then this is good melodic rock.  The background vocals are tight, and the rhythm section knows how to play to the song and stay tight.  Seeing that I had never heard this band before, I am extremely glad to have this in the coolection.

I am listening now to Angel X.  This is another one I am glad to have in the coolection.  After the normalization during ripping, both the Follower and Angel X sound better.

Thanks..I will have to get the Follower. I LOOOVE the Angel X cd. 

BTW...was that a typo or did you do that on purpose? Cause Coolection is a great way to refer to a cd collection..Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm

bought4life wrote:

BTW...was that a typo or did you do that on purpose? Cause Coolection is a great way to refer to a cd collection..Thumbs Up
Oh he definitely did it on porpoise.

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
bought4life wrote:

Oh he definitely did it on porpoise.
lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 pm

bought4life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

Thanks..I will have to get the Follower. I LOOOVE the Angel X cd. 

I would also recommend that Refugee - Life Goes On.  Good stuff!  I have the real CD from the band.

And, yes, my CD collection is a COOLECTION.  It's cool 'cause its mine!  jocolor

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 am

I've listened to a song of Dual Edge, sounds good.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:17 pm

DON'T order the Dual Edge from Retrospect.  The original source that they used for the CD is so bad that it is almost unlistenable.  Find someone with a cleaner source if you want this.  I used to have a CD-R of it but cannot find it anymore.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Really? I got mine from there and am quite happy with it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 pm

There is a lot of screetching in the background that almost sounds like the cassette was bad or that the cassette player was having issues that this was recorded from.  It's very bad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:49 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
There is a lot of screetching in the background that almost sounds like the cassette was bad or that the cassette player was having issues that this was recorded from.  It's very bad.

Maybe you should write them..mine was fine. Maybe it is just a bad disc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next