Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce

Go down 
+7
unworthy
Guilty/Forgiven
mr.electric40
Follower of Jesus
dale434445
alldatndensum
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 am

I will try that.  Thanks!

Also, I have the Prisoner - Rip it Up for sale or trade.  It is not a Christian band even though the one song I heard on YouTube kind of sounded like it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks for the warning to order Dual Edge from Retrospect Records.

I often wonder when you order on Retrospect Records you get good CDs, no bootlegs, but decent CDs.
When all the stuff you can buy on Retrospect Records is older stuff, most from cassettes, then I wonder how comes RR to all this older stuff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Thanks for the warning to order Dual Edge from Retrospect Records.

I often wonder when you order on Retrospect Records you get good CDs, no bootlegs, but decent CDs.
When all the stuff you can buy on Retrospect Records is older stuff, most from cassettes, then I wonder how comes RR to all this older stuff?

For many reason rockerVu2...

Go ahead and try to even FIND these rare cassettes out there. You usually won't. So you either do a digital download from a non-authorized source or you do without ever hearing it. Retrospect is now offering these transferred from cassette onto a silver cd, a long lasting format that will hold up upon endless playing and you won't have to worry about the tape breaking or oxidizing. They also provide professional labeling for them.

The CEO of Retrospect, btw, genuinely loves 80s metal/rock. He is trying to keep it alive and helping to make sure the music gets heard. Let's face it, you are not going to get rich selling cds of bands that weren't popular when they existed, yet alone 30 years later. So it is more than just money.

The music we have been talking about comes from his sub-labels (TimeWarp, Evil Eye, etc). The actual Retrospect and RetroCross labels are all fully licensed and in fact, there are current bands who he has under contract and they put out new releases. He also is the main organizer of the Rocklahoma festival.

As for the quality, I have had some of the original cassettes that I bought cds of from Retrospect. I have never heard a Retrospect cd that is WORSE quality than the original release. I have heard some that are indeed, better. However, sometimes when a cassette is transferred into a digital format for cd recording, flaws that were in the original recording are more pronounced. 

Remember, most of these releases were originally demos or independent recordings done on cassette only...and a lot of times on low budget cassettes recorded with low budget equipment and recorded by low budget studios or the band itself. It was also done in the 80s..not today, the same tech was not available back then. 

Lastly, for all the respect I have for Chris, his opinions about the quality are based on his opinion of how something should sound and how he likes it to sound. For every person that thinks the quality is bad, I can show you someone who thinks it is fine the way it is. 

My Dual Edge doesn't have a squeaking noise in it...so I think he should ask for a replacement
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Is there a link so I can check out Retrocross too?
Googled, but couldn't find the link.

It's interesting all you have told about the older stuff.
I like the older stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 pm

As far as i know, they have the RetroCross and RetroSpect titles all together. When you go to an album, it will say RetroCross up in the upper left corner if it is a Christian release.

I also included the Amazon link to one of them

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004C5HYVC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

http://www.retrospectrecords.com/products/lost_found.html

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:08 am

Quote :
Lastly, for all the respect I have for Chris, his opinions about the quality are based on his opinion of how something should sound and how he likes it to sound. For every person that thinks the quality is bad, I can show you someone who thinks it is fine the way it is.
Very true, indeed!  I feel that just a little time could have been taken to clean up the sound just a tad.  I don't mean spending tons on a full remaster, but there are ways to remove tape hiss, electronic buzzing from the CD recorder/computer picking up the motor of the cassette player, etc.  That's what I am going to do with the rips of the music from these CDs before I put them on my MP3 player.

But, regardless of sound quality, I would still say that I am pretty satisfied with what I bought.  Some of these albums like Follower, DuBeel, Angel X, etc. I have NEVER HEARD before this!  So, just having them in CD format just plain rocks.  Sure, maybe someday we'll get fully licensed remasters.  If that happens, I would buy those.  If it doesn't, then I'll be happy to have these in the coolection (look, I did that misspelling thingy again).

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Very true, indeed!  I feel that just a little time could have been taken to clean up the sound just a tad.  I don't mean spending tons on a full remaster, but there are ways to remove tape hiss, electronic buzzing from the CD recorder/computer picking up the motor of the cassette player, etc.  That's what I am going to do with the rips of the music from these CDs before I put them on my MP3 player.

But, regardless of sound quality, I would still say that I am pretty satisfied with what I bought.  Some of these albums like Follower, DuBeel, Angel X, etc. I have NEVER HEARD before this!  So, just having them in CD format just plain rocks.  Sure, maybe someday we'll get fully licensed remasters.  If that happens, I would buy those.  If it doesn't, then I'll be happy to have these in the coolection (look, I did that misspelling thingy again).
Umm, I believe it's spelled thingie. geek
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Not when I do my misspelling thingy--it isn't!  lol!

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It's cool 'cause its mine!  jocolor

now thats a quote!!!!

cheers

I'm of the opinion that the stuff you guys are getting will NEVER get any more love than what your getting right now... and in 5-10 years it will be gone period....  The biz is in such a state of change...  I say this because how many secular bands have just plain disappeared.... What I mean is that their stuff never sold to begin with so no one is bothering to put it out again... so with our smaller demographic chances are nearly nonexistant that this stuff get another hearing....

Groups with larger fan bases the Sacred Warriors, Bloodgoods, Tourniquets, STRYPERS ect.... will continue to find newer fans.... so people will find a way to make some dough.... moola.... $$$... maybe I'm too cynical....  I do think if you find rare stuff.... grab it if you can.... just wishin I had all the stuff I got riff of ..... I do appreciate those of you who have shared some of that cool stuff with me....

Chris I'm glad you found that many of your discs were satisfactory.... cool!

You Rock
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 pm

It will be sad that the stuff we are talking about will be gone in 5 - 10 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I agree mr.electric40, that's why I take every avenue possible to get it.

I know there is one person over on CMR that I used to get annoyed with because he came off all high and mighty about "intellectual rights".

I am not an artist, but I would think that an artist would rather his old stuff be file shared and listened to and appreciated, then for it to just simply fade away into obscurity and never to be heard again.

I would say, that if an artist was so adamant about legal claims that they rather have it die out, then there is something wrong.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 am

Quote :
I'm of the opinion that the stuff you guys are getting will NEVER get any more love than what your getting right now... and in 5-10 years it will be gone period....  The biz is in such a state of change...  I say this because how many secular bands have just plain disappeared.... What I mean is that their stuff never sold to begin with so no one is bothering to put it out again... so with our smaller demographic chances are nearly nonexistant that this stuff get another hearing....
That's why I jumped on this because some of these titles were never on anything more than a cassette release from an indie band with no label.  They were never on CD and probably never will be.  This is the only way to get some of these titles without grabbing an illegal download that may be filled with viruses.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 am

My problem is when you order CDs on Retrospect Records how do you know when you buy illegal bootlegs and what are good CDs with a good qualitiy?
Or is all the stuff for sale there good quality?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, to be honest, you don't know.  I have some doubts as to the authenticity of these CDs that I bought, but the owner says they are legit.  Who truly knows?  The quality on some is great and some are a little rough depending on the original source.  If the CDs you want are actual Retrospect titles and are in the alphabetical store, the sound is great and they are definitely authenitic.  If you get them from the special page that bought4life posted, some of the sound quality is not always great.

Regardless, I am happy to have added these titles to the coolection (I love saying that).  I may get a few more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Couldn't have worded it any better myself alldat

Rocker,
I agree with everything he said
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:53 pm

I might have to start a WE LOVE BOUGHT4LIFE thread in the Discussion Room if you keep agreeing with me.  Staybrite, who?

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
..... Staybrite, who?
Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 Angry

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 pm

And!

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 Angry

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I might have to start a WE LOVE BOUGHT4LIFE thread in the Discussion Room if you keep agreeing with me.  Staybrite, who?

lol! lol! lol!

Hey..I ain't stupid....I stay on the GOOD side of the head man...

unlike that Staybrite dude..he is just a rebel

Bouncing smiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 pm

And you know what happens to bad cats like Mr Snuggles, don't you?

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 Catbur10
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:42 am

First, it makes me happy Chris and bought4life agree with each other.
that really helps lol! 

About starting a new bought4live thread, we can discuss.geek
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 pm

bought4life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Hey..I ain't stupid....I stay on the GOOD side of the head man...

unlike that Staybrite dude..he is just a rebel

Bouncing smiley
I'm not talking to either of you anymore.Tongue 

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 am

Silly guys, you are making me laugh today.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:24 am

I like this song of Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next